911 R 991 for Sale

Macca

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that the cream, the bone, the off-white, the ivory or the beige? 

I think it's ivory but they could call it baby puke and folks would still probably pays overs for the privilege ;)

Well done in securing one of these - would have loved to have the money and prestige to score an allocation.

You gotta have prestige to own one of these? This type of stuff makes me cringe.

My 73 E is that color (beige grey I think its called in early 911 speak)

beige grey is very similar to medium ivory you can only really tell them apart when they are side by side in the same light ,,,kinda like riviera blue and Mexican blue very easy to get them mixed up in photo,s..

beige grey                                                                                                                 medium ivory 

image.jpg 110933.jpg

Just out of interest: so you pay $1.2m for a $400K car, who's going to insure it for $1.2m?

I am sure the insurance company will happily take your money and tell you every thing is fine dont worry we got you covered ,,,,,,,,,,,,,right up to the point you make a claim and they jump ship as per usual stating some obscure line in paragraph 87 of  a 130 page terms and conditions agreement not worth using for toilet paper ............;) We all know what they are like 

I damn well hope it sells for that! Who knows, it may drive a Porsche collection frenzie amongst the lesser models. Then I can sell my 997.2 and retire to the Cayman Islands. (No pun intended) ?

I'd be interested to know what the dutton one sold for and even more interested to see how this one fairs now the gt3.2 details out...   Someone asked if you would be a buyer.  I lined up to buy originally, missed out and i would be a buyer at circa $600 and then only to hold.  Funnily enough I think if I had one originally i would have driven it ....Now to pay "over" for it, it somehow becomes a much more investment driven decision and so less inclined to drive.   there is a gt3.2 to drive ... :)

When is this porsche bubble going to burst ??

You gotta have prestige to own one of these? This type of stuff makes me cringe.

In order to be given the allocation you need to be highly regarded by the dealer, whatever their criteria is.  Maybe prestige wasn't the right word but I'm sure you know what I mean.

In order to be given the allocation you need to be highly regarded by the dealer, whatever their criteria is.  Maybe prestige wasn't the right word but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Yeah i know what you mean. That whole selective thing grates at me. Spose they have to do it with such a limited run.

This selective thing will eventually turn people.  Interestingly I follow a few forums (better then watching garbage TV at night) and its a common theme on porsche forums. But how do you get around it?  People including myself are putting in "bet" deposits on cars not even released and been told by dealer your X in line..  It didn't work for me with GT4 (way to slow) and R (suspect not highly regarded enough and shuffled down the line) but apparently may have done with GT3..  Did they eventually the feel sorry for me ?  With the R, funnily enough where I was in line moved around a bit (in hindsight should have pinned them down as I was very very early in the piece.  I put in a deposit two days after a topic comment dropped into Rennlist US forum with no details just a rumour that there might be a manual car with no wing).  With the GT3, each time I checked I was constantly the same pecking order.  Apparently I should get an allocation.

But what is the alternative system?..  Some sort of Porsche Australia Regulation so the dealers don't just look after mates ?  Then there has to be some sort of formal identification of the future car... but of what ? It hasn't been released yet ?  

If you think about it, its not a bad odds game though.  Think up 3 to 4 possible variations of future cars, lob into your local dealer and put your deposit bets on the variations.  Sit back and land a "R" allocation.. before you even have to up the holding fee, flip it and get multiple earnings..

This selective thing will eventually turn people.  Interestingly I follow a few forums (better then watching garbage TV at night) and its a common theme on porsche forums. But how do you get around it?  People including myself are putting in "bet" deposits on cars not even released and been told by dealer your X in line..  It didn't work for me with GT4 (way to slow) and R (suspect not highly regarded enough and shuffled down the line) but apparently may have done with GT3..  Did they eventually the feel sorry for me ?  With the R, funnily enough where I was in line moved around a bit (in hindsight should have pinned them down as I was very very early in the piece.  I put in a deposit two days after a topic comment dropped into Rennlist US forum with no details just a rumour that there might be a manual car with no wing).  With the GT3, each time I checked I was constantly the same pecking order.  Apparently I should get an allocation.

But what is the alternative system?..  Some sort of Porsche Australia Regulation so the dealers don't just look after mates ?  Then there has to be some sort of formal identification of the future car... but of what ? It hasn't been released yet ?  

If you think about it, its not a bad odds game though.  Think up 3 to 4 possible variations of future cars, lob into your local dealer and put your deposit bets on the variations.  Sit back and land a "R" allocation.. before you even have to up the holding fee, flip it and get multiple earnings..

Not being in this elevated financial sphere, it hadn't really occurred to me to this level but you've highlighted the frustration well.... and it must be an absolute  pain trying to get your hands on the latest and greatest, when demand obviously and constantly outstrips the limited supply. You're right, whats the soln? How to get around this without the "who you know" factor kicking in somewhere along this supply chain. Best of luck... I was about to say when you do get your car, look fwd to shaking your hand at the next cars & coffee but you're way up north of me. Oh well, take this thread as my congrats in advance when you finally get the baby in your garage, @Oldmxnut !!

Will still be as much of an issue even if the rules change. The UK gets similar numbers of the GT cars as here but with 3 times the population.

GBP50k 'market adjustments' by dealers are common.

Archived