911 Scrambler project (aka RallyCab)

After catching up with Mike at Luftgekhult and having a good look over his Leigh Keen built rally coupe, it looked like so much fun and they had a ball driving it over. Are you going to put on some extra lights for that real rally look?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hurry up ;-)

Trying Cam - getting work done in this town is a PITA.

After catching up with Mike at Luftgekhult and having a good look over his Leigh Keen built rally coupe, it looked like so much fun and they had a ball driving it over. Are you going to put on some extra lights for that real rally look?

Yep, quad light pod is here and awaiting paint/fitting as are the lamps.  Plus I have a rad (ebay-find) vintage spottie for the rear end.

Couple of other oddball details too - spare wheel carrier, vintage ski rack (which I'm hoping can lug a kid's scooter or skateboard).  All will be revealed.

Can we get a picture of it in full? Loving this build, I must see what it looks like with the top down!

Next step is fitting the roll hoop and spare wheel carrier - will post a pic when that is done.

At present, it looks like a bone stock 80's cab that some idiot fitted the wrong wheels and springs too...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Well done mate, chic late 70's! Not being facetious here, are you actually going to rally it? Or mostly for unique looks and feel amongst the usually modded old air cooleds?

The latter - shits and giggles and speed humps. 

3 hours ago, clutch-monkey said:

I reckon get it on some unsealed back roads for a laugh!

dirt track is also not a bad idea- most are actually smooth and a standard 911 would do it (I have), but the scrambler would be a hoot 

The plan is to shoot a moto style video. Should have kept my old Haro BMX goggles. 

• 1 month later...

Archived