Rescuing a Klassic

P-Kay

I can't recall specifically, but I gave James the list from Sierra Madri and to memory it might have been a few bucks cheaper. Just make sure you demand genuine Porsche front and rear screen rubbers

• 1 month later...

I cannot contain my excitement. It is ALL happening!!!

Pre Completion Inspection of the house completed Friday 25th with handover the 7th September.

2 guards left to repair on the Falcon and I will be swimming in GT Gold

Save the best for last of course.......The panel beater has roof and I have wood!

You freaken RIPPER!!!!!!

Busy couple of months ahead of me just quietly ;) 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

So, the brief has been defined and all the nasty cancer and convertible abomination will be removed and light yellow goodness will be restored.

Many hours will be involved to achieve the above and the bank balance will emulate the post GFC stock market.

Oh well, the longest journey starts with one footstep....

IMG_0406.thumb.JPG.dd1815227de6f9f40ba614646f7a17dc.JPG

• 1 year later...

This has been a loooong time coming and to be honest, I was starting to feel like I had an imaginary friend..... :Speechless:

It's going to get much worse before it gets any better! All cleaned with past sins visible and thankfully there is more '71 coupe than initially thought. Next step it gets bolted to the rack to ensure square before surgery commences!

Watch this space...

IMG_0673-1.jpg

No doubt about it, the panels are going to look like new when it’s finished... because they will be!

an epic journey it will be.  I hope lots of good photos exist if it’s Klassy days because it will make an epic magazine article or similar 

14 hours ago, Coastr said:

No doubt about it, the panels are going to look like new when it’s finished... because they will be!

an epic journey it will be.  I hope lots of good photos exist if it’s Klassy days because it will make an epic magazine article or similar 

New panels in all four corners were one of the first purchase.....Epic journey indeed!

14 hours ago, wilburforce said:

Love it - looking forward to the progress shots!

They'll be posted as soon as I receive/take them :)

9 hours ago, Airhead said:

is this still the up the street 'round the corner restoration?

......Huh? If you are asking Skunkwerks, then yes ;) 

• 5 months later...

FUCH ME !!!!

Did I mention It'll get worse before getting better?

Turns out there was a cabrio sides and part floor shoe horned inside the coupe body and has had several hits with the expected rust areas - pre gal and all.....

Therefore hard decisions needed to be made and with that - funds raped. The positives to come out of that is it will go together cleaner and have complete panels rather than patches everywhere. Lovely spot welds versus plugs etc. The current work is on the dash and frunk area to bring it in line with everything '71 versus the donor right hand dash that was stitched in way back when along with a lifetime of sins. So the latest new parts list is: Complete right hand floor, Both front skirts and A pillars, tank supports and I am sure there were more, but I just can't bear to look at my spreadsheet again :Sweating:

...and for those of you who are eagle eyed, yes, that is the roof leaning against the wall next to what is left of the floor frame :) 

So, if you have a weak stomach, have a mouth full of coffee or have just had your breakfast...look away now!

IMG_0830.thumb.JPG.43c1b42a16a8fdfa1fd5b179e1309342.JPG
IMG_0835.thumb.JPG.e511bb94e4146c355587c372d935c0e1.JPGIMG_0832.thumb.JPG.aac5adb018b95d015b94871b3b8556fb.JPGIMG_0834.thumb.JPG.e64a8f5b939c51777bf65a80a5d9ba8b.JPG