981 Cayman/Boxster Market Watch / How many manual 981CS's were delivered (ANSWERED)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NBTBRV8 said:

It is a very bland spec, so that doesn't help it as they are hard to sell at the best of times.  Plus his photos are terrible,  they do nothing to try and overcome the above. 

Yeah true! I thought it was at least priced right-ish (with room to negotiate)... but good point. 

1 hour ago, MrMud said:

I viewed this vehicle late last week. It was advertised as 54k's but had done 58.5! I was a little concerned about some other observations that I probably should not say on an open forum. 

Must be still a daily driver but also must've also dropped the price after you and probably others have spotted those things. All makes sense now...

3 minutes ago, 981KMan said:

Yeah true! I thought it was at least priced right-ish (with room to negotiate)... but good point. 

Must be still a daily driver but also must've also dropped the price after you and probably others have spotted those things. All makes sense now...

Definitely well priced however haven't seen it in person to say about it's the condition.

The advert also mentions that it daily driven to CBD and back.

There's a base cayman MT in NSW for a good price too

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-Cayman-2013/SSE-AD-5779940/?Cr=1

Hey guys,

I apologise if this isn't the best thread to post this.  However, like probably a couple others out there I'm on the hunt for a manual 987.2/ 981 Cayman (or possibly boxster) S/GTS.  If anyone is thinking of moving there's on or knows someone who is please PM.  

I was looking at the above Grey GTS but the km's/spec and so so report above is a little off putting.

cheers

Good luck with the search spats.  It is worth looking/waiting for the right car, a bargain basement price (as above) often is that way for a reason.

I would advocate the GTS personally, last I checked there were a few 981 Boxster GTS that have been on market for some time.

I know you said manual, but don’t altogether discount the PDK, in the 981 it really is an amazing match to the rest of the car.

12 hours ago, Beau said:

Good luck with the search spats.  It is worth looking/waiting for the right car, a bargain basement price (as above) often is that way for a reason.

I would advocate the GTS personally, last I checked there were a few 981 Boxster GTS that have been on market for some time.

I know you said manual, but don’t altogether discount the PDK, in the 981 it really is an amazing match to the rest of the car.

Cheers, thanks Beau.  I've been waiting for a few months now for the right car so happy to wait a little longer for the  one to come along hopefully.

I have driven the PDK and it is brilliant so it really wouldn't be a bad compromise if I end up 'settling' for one!

On 08/12/2018 at 00:35, Beau said:

The PDK is great (probably the best example of an automatic transmission in the world), however being a manual transmission driver for my entire life, I won't lie that I miss it!

What I'd have preferred to purchase is:

- Cayman S
- MT
- Sports Steering
- Sports Exhaust

Too bad they're a confirmed 1 in 16 in Australia!

• 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, kov said:

Bump!

Anyone know the history on this cayman? It’s located at a caravan dealer 🤨

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/_/OAG-AD-16916620?_ga=2.98331359.112428273.1550273039-1146585038.1541147819

Looks like a basic spec 2.7 Cayman, not an S.

some weird things happening in the Cayman market. 

The one at the caravan dealer came up as sold but is now listed again. Same price and details if I recall correctly.

I was dealing with the owner of this Cayman S auto but it ended up sold and has now turned up at a dealer.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-Cayman-2008/OAG-AD-16918276/?Cr=18

Previous owners price constantly changed up and down ranging from $45k to just short of $57k. I suspect the dealer picked it up at the lower end and it's now back up at $58,881.

Gotta be careful in this market.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I'm finally in a position to purchase my first Porsche (long time fan). I have been looking for a nice Cayman that will be my daily driver for a year or so. There are a few Black Edition floating around, effectively a base 2.7 with a few extras. BTW I'm happy with the base model so I won't be looking at an S.

They all seem to hover around the $90k mark, some with extended factory warranty. 

There is one at Porsche Brisbane that ticks all the boxes for me. Does anyone know of its history?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-porsche-cayman-black-edition-981-auto-my16/OAG-AD-16955121/?_ga=2.15972402.501966146.1556061567-1100530725.1556061567

I don’t know the black one but I do know the white 2014 car as it was mine until recently. 

$104k seems pretty expensive seeing they would have paid mid 70’s to low 80’s when they traded it. Even if it is a pit pricy you won’t be disappointed, awesome cars all of the 981s.