981 Cayman/Boxster Market Watch / How many manual 981CS's were delivered (ANSWERED)

13 hours ago, nytelfer said:

I purchased Rennline grilles a few years ago & followed a YouTube clip that showed how to remove the front bumper on a 991 Turbo - eventually managed to remove everything (some of the electrical connectors are very difficult to access) but with the bumper assembly finally off, could not determine where exactly to screw the fixings into the rear of the bumper (instructions were vague) with the risk being I would have a screw appear through the front of the bumper. So reassembled everything & the grilles are still sitting in the packaging waiting for another attempt!

7D1ADDCA-B8C7-423B-884E-8E1BA5F1850A.jpeg

There is a part of me that wants to do this just so I can clean behind there...I think I have an illness 😂

On 15/08/2021 at 12:52, nytelfer said:

The Mahogany car has an interesting history - it started life in Qld & was the 1st privately listed Cayman GTS on Carsales where it sat for most of calendar 2016 at an asking of $175-177k. It ended up at Duttons in May 2017 initially listed at $170k before they dropped to $160k & was purchased by a PFA member from Sydney before reappearing recently for sale in Melbourne. 

The Mahogany GTS 'SOLD" off Carsales yesterday... that leaves only the Carmine Red and the Sapphire Blue for sale.. Personally the Red looks like a better spec 😎

3 hours ago, Beau said:

There is a part of me that wants to do this just so I can clean behind there...I think I have an illness 😂

The Mahogany GTS 'SOLD" off Carsales yesterday... that leaves only the Carmine Red and the Sapphire Blue for sale.. Personally the Red looks like a better spec 😎

The Carmine Red car looks fantastic 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All

Potentially looking at this for the Mrs if it’s still available 

I know it doesn’t have Sport Chrono, no PSE, and no sport design steering wheel but the Mrs says these things don’t bother her as she’s not about to hit the track every week

From The ad it seems to have a good history, new pads & Rotors and also the extended warranty which is a good thing for us (ie nice and stock and not been overly molested)

I haven’t really had my eye on the 981 Market lately, so I just want to ask if people think it’s well priced for what it is ? 

thank you 

DAE984B5-791F-4982-8FE1-F6DC7DBB2CD2.png

1 hour ago, Jkay said:

Hello All

Potentially looking at this for the Mrs if it’s still available 

I know it doesn’t have Sport Chrono, no PSE, and no sport design steering wheel but the Mrs says these things don’t bother her as she’s not about to hit the track every week

From The ad it seems to have a good history, new pads & Rotors and also the extended warranty which is a good thing for us (ie nice and stock and not been overly molested)

I haven’t really had my eye on the 981 Market lately, so I just want to ask if people think it’s well priced for what it is ? 

thank you 

DAE984B5-791F-4982-8FE1-F6DC7DBB2CD2.png

Perhaps $5k over, but close to being right?

We have 2013 2.7, SportsChrono and flappy paddles, about 60kms that we're about to pay the residual on after a 3 yr Novated lease.  I reckon it's a $65-$70k car, we paid $77k 3 years ago

16 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Perhaps $5k over, but close to being right?

We have 2013 2.7, SportsChrono and flappy paddles, about 60kms that we're about to pay the residual on after a 3 yr Novated lease.  I reckon it's a $65-$70k car, we paid $77k 3 years ago

Seeing as you’re about to pay the residual, I assume you’re happy with it ? 

I guess if we buy now, we are buying when the market is inflated, but hey, just the way it is I suppose. I’ve been waiting for prices in general to drop, but who knows how long it’ll take 

18 hours ago, Jkay said:

Seeing as you’re about to pay the residual, I assume you’re happy with it ? 

I guess if we buy now, we are buying when the market is inflated, but hey, just the way it is I suppose. I’ve been waiting for prices in general to drop, but who knows how long it’ll take 

Yep, definitely happy with it.  We've talked about what to replace it with, test drove a 718 S, neither of us liked the engine characteristics at all, decided that we had an 8 year old car with only 60,000kms on it, with no problems at all, so we'll payout and keep.  Insufficient benefit to extend the Salary packaged Novated Lease.   We'll look at again in a couple of years, might be ready to move on both the 981 and GT3 at that stage and see what we end up with

10 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Yep, definitely happy with it.  We've talked about what to replace it with, test drove a 718 S, neither of us liked the engine characteristics at all, decided that we had an 8 year old car with only 60,000kms on it, with no problems at all, so we'll payout and keep.  Insufficient benefit to extend the Salary packaged Novated Lease.   We'll look at again in a couple of years, might be ready to move on both the 981 and GT3 at that stage and see what we end up with

Good to hear! 

I ended up leaving a deposit on the black car today. Hopefully everything goes well next week and we can finalise everything … It’s a surprise for the Mrs and she has no idea I’ve left a deposit 

• 2 months later...

Not a 981 but a does anyone know anything about this 987 Cayman S or has possibly had a look at it? I'm mildly interested but as usual it is on the other side of the country. 

One thing I've noticed from the pics though is what appears to be heavy orange peel in the paint on the drivers door, possible repaint?

Screenshot_20211118-180312_Carsales.thumb.jpg.049638153aaf0aa5b6f748123c602ffd.jpg

Screenshot_20211118-182549_Carsales.jpg

3 hours ago, Prodigy said:

Not a 981 but a does anyone know anything about this 987 Cayman S or has possibly had a look at it? I'm mildly interested but as usual it is on the other side of the country. 

One thing I've noticed from the pics though is what appears to be heavy orange peel in the paint on the drivers door, possible repaint?

Screenshot_20211118-180312_Carsales.thumb.jpg.049638153aaf0aa5b6f748123c602ffd.jpg

Screenshot_20211118-182549_Carsales.jpg

It’s hard to tell the paint condition from the photos especially being black and with reflections from the lighting and the floor. If it’s had a repair I’d be surprised if it wasn’t of a very high standard being that the car is Porsche Approved. The Black Edition is a rare beast it’s probably not going to last very long. 

8 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

It’s hard to tell the paint condition from the photos especially being black and with reflections from the lighting and the floor. If it’s had a repair I’d be surprised if it wasn’t of a very high standard being that the car is Porsche Approved. The Black Edition is a rare beast it’s probably not going to last very long. 

Have sent through an enquiry, will see what happens. 

Spare parts for this car (well certainly not body panels) - also a "Black" https://www.pickles.com.au/damaged-salvage/item/-/details/CP-09-11--Built-07-11--Porsche--Cayman--Coupe/2302083549

Know the car, unfortunately driver got caught coming out of a roundabout in the middle of a huge sudden downpour (and I mean huge) a month or so ago......  Driver walked away with NO injuries at all, apart from his pride, goes to show how safe these cars have been engineered.  As the yard is local to me I can probably get some more specific photos....

2 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Spare parts for this car (well certainly not body panels) - also a "Black" https://www.pickles.com.au/damaged-salvage/item/-/details/CP-09-11--Built-07-11--Porsche--Cayman--Coupe/2302083549

Know the car, unfortunately driver got caught coming out of a roundabout in the middle of a huge sudden downpour (and I mean huge) a month or so ago......  Driver walked away with NO injuries at all, apart from his pride, goes to show how safe these cars have been engineered.  As the yard is local to me I can probably get some more specific

I saw that listing and wondered if it was local.  He must have been doing a bit more than 50 to have that amount of damage.

Just now, NBTBRV8 said:

I saw that listing and wondered if it was local.  He must have been doing a bit more than 50 to have that amount of damage.

No mate, from what I heard he wasn't being stupid or anything, just that roundabout was about 2 or 3 inches deep in water and the car totally aquaplaned, slid off into the curb which flipped the car

1 hour ago, Prodigy said:

Unfortunately not, i was in discussions with the salesman and was looking into freight options when it sold this morning, i should of put a holding deposit on it when i had the chance. 

Ah bummer, I was going to offer to check it out for you on Monday.

• 5 months later...
9 minutes ago, Prodigy said:

Anyone know how many manual 981 Cayman GTS's were delivered? I am assuming even less than the CS? 😔

Am still on the lookout if anyone is selling...

From memory, around 23 manual GTS's were delivered and we've seen a few totalled over the years. So probably less than 20 now!

6 hours ago, Prodigy said:

Anyone know how many manual 981 Cayman GTS's were delivered? I am assuming even less than the CS? 😔

Am still on the lookout if anyone is selling...

Wasn't it posted earlier in the thread that there were 10 cars, mine was one of the 3 with PCCB.