981 Cayman/Boxster Market Watch / How many manual 981CS's were delivered (ANSWERED)

2 hours ago, GusTV said:

Agree - I had always heard less than 10. Shaping up similar with the 718 GTS 4.0 - not many manuals. 

14 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Wasn't it posted earlier in the thread that there were 10 cars, mine was one of the 3 with PCCB.

Bugger, means I've got even less chance of finding one than a CS. 😪

On 01/05/2022 at 09:09, Prodigy said:

Bugger, means I've got even less chance of finding one than a CS. 😪

I've tracked 9-10 manual 981 GTS cars since I started in 2018 so there is hope... 😉

Year / Color / Wheels

1. 2016 / White / Silver Carrera-S
  2. 2014 / Dark Blue / Silver Carrera Classics
  3. 2016 / Yellow / Sport Techno
  4. 2016 / Guards Red / Sport Techno
  5. 2016 / Agate Grey / Silver Carrera-S
  6. 2016 / White / Platinum Carrera-S
  7. 2016 / White / Black Carrera-S
  8. 2016 / White / Silver Carrera-S (Could be a duplicate of car #1)
  9. 2014 / White / Black Carrera-S
  10. 2016 / White / Black Carrera-S

6 hours ago, Beau said:

I've tracked 9-10 manual 981 GTS cars since I started in 2018 so there is hope... 😉

Year / Color / Wheels

1. 2016 / White / Silver Carrera-S
  2. 2014 / Dark Blue / Silver Carrera Classics
  3. 2016 / Yellow / Sport Techno
  4. 2016 / Guards Red / Sport Techno
  5. 2016 / Agate Grey / Silver Carrera-S
  6. 2016 / White / Platinum Carrera-S
  7. 2016 / White / Black Carrera-S
  8. 2016 / White / Silver Carrera-S (Could be a duplicate of car #1)
  9. 2014 / White / Black Carrera-S
  10. 2016 / White / Black Carrera-S

Haha thanks mate, should of known you'd have a spreadsheet for this. 😁

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I see 1 of the 16 981 Cayman S in manual just popped up on Carsales which I was waiting for!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2013-porsche-cayman-s-981-manual/SSE-AD-13850076/?Cr=1

What's the thoughts on the price/value? I mean its uncommon but I have a max budget of 120 - 125k

There's also a Blue 981 Cayman S Manual on Facebook in Melbourne asking the 150k as well. 

This car is a good friend of mines. This is the car to buy. Without bias- he is in one word anal. Ask him to show you underneath the car- you could eat your dinner off it. 

He has always had porsche centre melbourne Iook after it and he has put plenty of money into it with suspension upgrade and various. 

He bought the car from another meticulous owner as well- they’ve kept in touch since. 

Buy the seller I say and definitely buy the car- this example is lovely. 
Be careful he will chew your ear off about cars when you call. 

It’s not a fire sale and I’m sure once you see the car in the flesh you’ll be a straight shooter to get a fair deal done for all. 

The S is definitely a sweet spot all rounder.

Geez- after all that I better ask for a $50 from him at least!

Jokes aside just sharing to give you some insight. Price wise I think all things are relevant- if the buyer wants it and the seller wants to sell, there is your market. 

4 hours ago, reso18 said:

I see 1 of the 16 981 Cayman S in manual just popped up on Carsales which I was waiting for!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2013-porsche-cayman-s-981-manual/SSE-AD-13850076/?Cr=1

What's the thoughts on the price/value? I mean its uncommon but I have a max budget of 120 - 125k

There's also a Blue 981 Cayman S Manual on Facebook in Melbourne asking the 150k as well. 

I know this car and can say that if it is a 981 S Manual you want, this will be the best 1 of the 16 that exist here. 

The owner is fastidious. The car is perfect. The genuine GTS upgrades nudge it to S+ if you like. 

If you're interested, talk to him, view the car, talk some more, and see where things end up.

He'll most likely throw in a bottle of top shelf champagne. 

1 hour ago, Arne Krix said:

Good car , no doubt , would you throw in another 30 k or so and hunt for gts ?

Yet another rare beast- I can’t recall what the price tag was for the last one I saw but it didn’t last long at what was perceived a high price then. I think there is definitely a market for those that don’t want a GT4 character of stiffness and aggressive styling - probably a premium there too. 

I’ve only driven a GTS Cayman briefly but sure was tight as a drum but not bone shakingly stiff. And wasn’t a look at me car like the GT4. 

I only sold as I couldn't work on it, went back to hot rodding aircooled stuff, got nervous about the future maintenance of things I no nothing about. These 981 Cayman S manuals are sensational, and rare, they are all you need and more as a street car. To be honest you need to go straight to a GT4 for more if you feel you need it, I personally would not buy a new 911 over even the Cayman S. 
This one would be arguably the best in the country, possibly the lowest Ks and now with tasteful well executed upgrades, you'd buy this over a PDK GTS, to be honest if I had the cash spare I'd buy it back to keep in company with my aircooled car, down the track I was thinking of hunting for a 981 GT4 but this would do nicely. 

2 hours ago, Bugs77 said:

I only sold as I couldn't work on it, went back to hot rodding aircooled stuff, got nervous about the future maintenance of things I no nothing about. These 981 Cayman S manuals are sensational, and rare, they are all you need and more as a street car. To be honest you need to go straight to a GT4 for more if you feel you need it, I personally would not buy a new 911 over even the Cayman S. 
This one would be arguably the best in the country, possibly the lowest Ks and now with tasteful well executed upgrades, you'd buy this over a PDK GTS, to be honest if I had the cash spare I'd buy it back to keep in company with my aircooled car, down the track I was thinking of hunting for a 981 GT4 but this would do nicely. 

I’m curious are you still happy to have gone back to an aircooled 911?, the reason I ask is I did the same thing but I’m still keen on a Cayman R.

5 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

I’m curious are you still happy to have gone back to an aircooled 911?, the reason I ask is I did the same thing but I’m still keen on a Cayman R.

Hi Yeatesy,

yes very happy, I built the car I always wanted which gives me 110% of the aircooled experience, noise and all, at legal-ish pace on the streets, to get the same feedback out of the Cayman I was going to get arrested. I have added modern electric air and given the car an LED makeover to take care of the only vintage things of concern with a classic, amazing how that transforms things and makes it suddenly right up to date, helped with the change back to classic from the Cayman.
However, the Cayman S is far better as a small GT car on longer trips, mainly in the noise department, funnily in some respects its a softer car but also know it would be more of a weapon on the track, it has to be with the engine in the right place.

If I could get the permission I'd have them both, I know my wife preferred the Cayman.

• 1 month later...
On 24/09/2017 at 12:25, NBTBRV8 said:

One of the 10 manuals is up for auction, damaged.  It doesn't say that it is on the WOVR:

https://www.pickles.com.au/damaged-salvage/item/-/details/CP-08-15--Porsche--Cayman--Coupe/2202472380

This is likely the 981 Cayman GTS mentioned here some years ago as WORV with speculation if it was a manual or PDK. Appears it was PDK and now a dedicated track car!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-cayman-gts-981-auto-my16/OAG-AD-21699613

7 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Without the gearbox was changed, I doubt it?

Are those rego plates before the WOVR, Because if not a stat W/OFF pretty cheap GTS if repairable w/o.

• 2 months later...