What next?

GUT

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst the cats are away.....! ;) 

swore twice in your last post Lee - that's my kind of Moderator ?

Now get busy and delete the last few pages of fluff on this thread to allow the man to focus.

912 - classic ☑️

Polo motor transplant - original ☑️

900kgs - possible ☑️

200bph - enough☑️

Under $100k - if you are lucky☑️

Keeping it Porsche - naturally☑️

Couldn't see it mentioned but an M2 Pure. Lapped one around the island and I was  very impressed.

next best thing, $40k, manual, V8 and RED!

i lapped Phillip island in one of these at a BMW drive event and it was pretty fast, sounded great.  At the end of the day rode with an instructor who drifted the thing at high speed around the circuit, amazing.  Plenty of bang for buck,

cp4715548337969591208.jpg?aspect=FitWith

2007 BMW M3 E92 Manual

• 121,022 km
  • Coupe
  • Manual
  • 8cyl 4.0L Petrol

Private

For more information on this vehicle please visit:
https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/BMW-M3-2007/SSE-AD-4644751

Etypes - really need to be RED

R32- $Not for public consumption ..but seriously talk to me before I invest more cash into it ..just having full respray.. and run through.. original no mods.

Aston -  number has 1 but less than 2 in front and a couple of zeros - 

Lotus - yeah better take your chequebook most places , maybe 2/3 of the cost for rebuilds over a A/C pcar but probably 2-3 times more frequent 

PM'd

@BlitzKonig MR2 - I just can't

@DJM M3 - better than a poke in the eye... but I'm just not drawn to modern - at least not today

@Simonk Yes - I started out looking for one as my first Porsche - couldn't find one but I did find a 930! I've had a couple of go's at getting a 944T but I'm not feeling it right now - I think I want NA

@hugh again, not helping

@turboT "200bhp - enough"??? At idle maybe!

Didn't we all have this discussion (with Mr Gut) 6 months back? and sorta reached a narrowed down conclusion? 

Go on you know you want to

There's just something - '80 De Tomaso Pantera GT5S [1250x827]:

A blast from 40 years past. A Pantera is as close as you'll ever get to a....muscle car slash exotic super car. The original hybrid :):

You're damn right I want to!

I just need to double my max budget. Out of reach unfortunately.

Last time, I ended up with the 928 GTS. Couldn't be happier.

How about something like this:

1969_fly_yellow_Alfa_1750_GTV_zpslzemokh

bc81640df1f35583d38a675b82a347c1_zpsgnoh

Some very very ol skool cool in those Alfas but would it be fast enough to satisfy?

Maybe not. But they are one of the most beautiful (attainable) cars ever built. I've wanted one forever.

Beautiful yes, attainable, yes, always wanted one - go for it! Only live once, should have one .... if after a while it doesn't f;loat ya boat, sell for the next toy ... nothing lost and everything gained in fun and experience. I dont know the models are there any around? This one looks horn, very sexy!!

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Alfa-Romeo-2000-1975/SSE-AD-3993601/?Cr=1

1975 Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce Manual

I like the look.  I assume ownership is a frustrating combo of rusting away before your eyes while sitting stationary in your garage because the bloody thing won't start (again).

this is the one you want but I suspect it too will smash your max budget

https://www.alfaholics.com/our-cars/completed-builds/gta-r-project-270/alfaholics-gta-r-290-completed/

I know where you can get your hands on a really nice one of these in white,with a blueprinted V6,I have driven it back to back with my well set up 105 coupe back in the day and it is much much faster and better handling. I reckon it would run circles around a 3.2,and well under budget.Oh and no RUST.

http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/tvr/taimar/781/1976-1979-tvr-taimar

Archived