What next?

GUT

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember the guy talking to you about this at C&C, glad to see you added her to the collection.

She looks beautiful  :wub:

yeah, a quick conversation and one thing led to another...

Hi all, I just joined.

I've owned a stock mid-grey 996-series Targa (MY2002) for the past four years and absolutely loved it, gorgeous gorgeous car.

Anyway, business is good so I've decided to "upgrade". I'm just about to pull the trigger on a Cayman GTS, second-hand with less than 10,000km on the odometer.

Now, I realise that some of you will be shaking your heads here. Surely any Porsche other than a 911 is a downgrade, right? But this Cayman - I took it for a test drive - it is just ridiculous. So fast, so nimble, so wrap-around. Know what I mean? No disrespect, but as a drive, it craps all over my lovely old Targa from a great height.

To my mind it's a no-brainer that the 996 series 911, fried-egg headlamps and all, is the most undervalued Porsche of all, and therefore the car most likely to appreciate in value over the next few years. But how many years will that take? I don't think I can hang around, and someone else deserves to love this beautiful little car, and the Cayman GTS is sex on a stick. (Plus it's destined to become a desirable example of the last of the naturally-aspirated Porsche boxer 6's, right?)

Please help me make up my mind. Thanks.

Hi all, I just joined.

I've owned a stock mid-grey 996-series Targa (MY2002) for the past four years and absolutely loved it, gorgeous gorgeous car.

Anyway, business is good so I've decided to "upgrade". I'm just about to pull the trigger on a Cayman GTS, second-hand with less than 10,000km on the odometer.

Now, I realise that some of you will be shaking your heads here. Surely any Porsche other than a 911 is a downgrade, right? But this Cayman - I took it for a test drive - it is just ridiculous. So fast, so nimble, so wrap-around. Know what I mean? No disrespect, but as a drive, it craps all over my lovely old Targa from a great height.

To my mind it's a no-brainer that the 996 series 911, fried-egg headlamps and all, is the most undervalued Porsche of all, and therefore the car most likely to appreciate in value over the next few years. But how many years will that take? I don't think I can hang around, and someone else deserves to love this beautiful little car, and the Cayman GTS is sex on a stick. (Plus it's destined to become a desirable example of the last of the naturally-aspirated Porsche boxer 6's, right?)

Welcome,

I'm not sure if Guts thread is the best place to get an answer..........but on the subject I did recently refer a 981 Cayman GTS to someone looking to get back into a 911 and they haven't looked back. Great cars. 

Hi all, I just joined.

Twill that take? I don't think I can hang around, and someone else deserves to love this beautiful little car, and the Cayman GTS is sex on a stick. (Plus it's destined to become a desirable example of the last of the naturally-aspirated Porsche boxer 6's, right?)

Mate, go the cayman!! Why wait and continue to drive a car for 10 more yrs (??) on the off chance it will increase in $$. What you're talking about is "driving pleasure" not $$! Follow the heart, 

Archived