Grand Pacific Drive - Royal National Park to Sea Cliff Bridge

Ozvino

Not sure if this has been covered already - but last week in vacation mode I drove (a rented Hertz P.O.S Nissan Pathfinder) from central Sydney down the Grand Pacific Drive - essentially from the Southern suburbs, through the Royal National Park and out onto the coast, south to Wollongong (Ive always wanted to drive over Sea Cliff Bridge).

The drive through the Royal National Park out to Sea Cliff Bridge had some fantastic stretches and curves, seemed like a great road for a Porsche, but I gather it needs to be a weekday, probably filled with peddle brigade on the weekends.

Magic part of the world thats for sure

Done it a few times and midweek early was best, fabulous stretch and some tight stuff and very pleasant surrounds yes! Soooo much traffic on a Sunday ... on a bike it's tempting to really race it ...so what was I to do:cool07::Evil::Chuckle2:

When I lived in Sydney, this was part of my Saturday routine, I never had much issue with traffic, although it was some 15 years ago.

76 S with the targa roof off & a 2.7 soundtrack in the rear. In through the national pack from one end to the other, then back along the old high way.

There was a great little cafe just after you come out of the national park on your right with some parking on the left above the cliffs for a great photo.

Car2frtrhs_zpsn2ywun0m.jpg

Archived