TrevMcRevs Boxster Hotrod

If you have or know of an early Boxster for sale i'm interested.

Must be manual trans.

1st pref is Silver exterior with Boxster Red interior. 

2nd Silver with Black interior.

3rd pref Black exterior w red or black interior.  Maaaaybe a tan interior at the right price.

Exterior/interior doesn't need to be perfect.  Suits me better if not at the appropriate discount.

Don't really care if 2.5, 2.7 or 3.2, but must be driveable and mechanically sound.

Pref in VIC, but will buy the right car interstate.

$10-15K or a little more.

Edited by TrevMcRev

Another project or a daily driver? Liking your preferred colour combos!

Nah, just completed my hairdressing certificate at Sunshine Tafe.  Dad will be so proud!

3F255A0C00000578-4400138-Then_Acting_alo

Ok....A daily driveable project!

Outlaw boxster beater.

Dumped on steelies w fat rubber, stripped interior, retro steering wheel, red low-back spyder seats, loud long single pipe trumpet exhaust, other silly stuff, think modern day RSK/550 - obviously a highly practical daily! 

It's this or a early WRX as a runabout.  I should be more mature than that....but have always wanted one...  If the right Boxster doesn't show up soon I'll likely grab a one in the meantime and keep looking.

Subscribed, subscribed, subscribed. 

2.5 has less stuff to begin with, so less stuff to remove and throw in the skip. 

Aim for sub 1100kgs. 

Yeah I kind of want to do it out of a 1st year 2.5 car preferably.  Goes with the ethos of my early 924 which is also very spartan compared to those a few years newer.

And everyone knows I don't need the power!

So you'd be running 16" steelies Trev,  can you even buy 16's? Would the offset work to clear callipers etc? and tyres not hit guards? as you'd be running high profile tyres as well I expect and not licorice straps .......and dumping the body ....

550 spyder tribute. 

The styling of the boxster actually lends itself more to RSK / RS-60 than the 550.  

The headlights... so boxster.

image.jpg

The original concept car was so much cooler than the production one...

100_0819.jpg

Porsche-Boxster-Concept-19669.jpg

porsche_1958_type_718_rsk_spyder.jpg

Look at that exhaust pipe! Awesome!

So you'd be running 16" steelies Trev,  can you even buy 16's? Would the offset work to clear callipers etc? and tyres not hit guards? as you'd be running high profile tyres as well I expect and not licorice straps .......and dumping the body ....

Wheels would be something custom.  Widened to get fit/offset right and fill the guards.  Yes to big rubber!

Not sure yet if 15's could be made to work - but hopeful on an early non-S car with smaller brakes.

I've been racking my brain how to do it with those old 356 drum brake style wheels (which are 16") but not sure...I found a guy who did manage to fit them to a BMW of all things by engineering some hub adapters to suit.  That would be cool, but a lot easier made out of widened early 911/912 wheels.

Failing that I've found a source for billet alloys in any size that look like steelies - the irony....

Edited by TrevMcRev

Thanks James, but Auto... :(

I know of a reasonably priced silver auto but just don't think it will cut it for driving experience...as much as MrsMcRev thinks it's a good idea!

Ditch  the screen and just use a low,"aero" screen. 

Nice high speed way to ingest protein as well ...

It will start off as a daily so will keep the screen and hood....for now.

If I really dig it, and get another car as a daily, then I would toss the whole roll bar n hood, add a single pod/hump and chop the screen/replace with aero screen - and buy some goggles!

Below: What I think I'll look like at the next SMT...

ALCFHLS-S_driver_1_zps68c86643.jpg

What I'll actually look like!

irene5.jpg

Edited by TrevMcRev

Wheels would be something custom.  Widened to get fit/offset right and fill the guards.  Yes to big rubber!

Not sure yet if 15's could be made to work - but hopeful on an early non-S car with smaller brakes.

I've been racking my brain how to do it with those old 356 drum brake style wheels (which are 16") but not sure...I found a guy who did manage to fit them to a BMW of all things by engineering some hub adapters to suit.  That would be cool, but a lot easier made out of widened early 911/912 wheels.

Failing that I've found a source for billet alloys in any size that look like steelies - the irony....

Wide 5s are 15"

Image result for 356 porsche wheels

Only the really early wheels are 16" and they cost a motza.

You could get some technomagnesios and they'll cost even more!

Image result for 356 porsche wheels

Ditch  the screen and just use a low,"aero" screen. 

Nice high speed way to ingest protein as well ...

yeah, nah

i had a Clubman with a full windscreen which meant it had aero of a brick and would hit an aero wall at 215 km/h.  I planned to remove it until another of the clubman guys with an aero screen copped a seagull in the chest at high speed on the main straight at Sandown.  Very lucky not to cop serious injury or worse....

#badphotoshop

Challenge is to beat Magnus to it

Edited by DJM