TrevMcRevs Boxster Hotrod

I drove half the way back along Beach Rd behind this Ferrari and I'm positive I were more happy with my base-spec boxster than they were with their $400k Fezza. 

I wouldnt be too positive with that thought Trev - but I get where you're coming from .... what is it 2.5? 2.7? Man?

not got it home yet, but here's a crappy gumtree pic!

The base-spec Boxrod

I were going to refer to it as the "Boxrod" but that sounds all kind of wrong....but that's exactly what this is all about, which makes it oh so right!

Is it just me, or does it look pink? :ph34r:

If I start googling that I'm sure to get myself into trouble.

Didn't he only pick it up yesterday.........was it already pimped?

The guy I bought it off owned an exhaust shop.  So I negotiated the mod in to the deal.  ;)

Is it just me, or does it look pink? :ph34r:

Actic Silver, same as my 996 was, but I think the terracotta paving in the pic is showing up in it.

If it wasn't obvious enough, I had a blast driving it today.  

Hard to believe you can have that much fun in something so cheap.  

It may be down on power, but dare I say it handles "better" than my 911...:ph34r:

By better I mean in the technical sense.  The balance of the chassis is spot on.  

It was certainly capable of hunting down 911's in the twisties and that's on a 1st drive!

It'll never have that 911 "steer with ya bum" feel a rear engined car gives you though...that is hard to beat!

I wouldnt be too positive with that thought Trev - but I get where you're coming from .... what is it 2.5? 2.7? Man?

Mighty 2.5 base spec!

Edited by TrevMcRev

• 2 months later...

The Wanted thread has been moved here - lets continue the Boxrod story.

After a couple of SMTs and a few weekend solo runs I've gotten to feel it out a bit more.    Haven't had a convertible since my CJ7 Renegade when I were about 19...Top down in the winter sun sure is nice.

I've been enjoying just driving it while searching for the parts n pieces I need to give it some "touches".

Here it is in good company ready for its first SMT - the morning after picking it up!

Ps. It's the one on the left.

It's only a sticker, but it's only the beginning...

Edited by TrevMcRev

Steelie mock up. At the time I couldn't get the wheel off - discovered the previous owner had lock nuts but left me with either a very well hidden socket, or none at all.  Finally got them removed this week so will be able to test properly now.

Don't know if a 15" will clear brakes...

Edited by TrevMcRev