TrevMcRevs Boxster Hotrod

Fuch me! Are they alloys?

I have a feeling they would cost as much as my car - but that is PERFECT!

Yep, alloys. Marc designed them and had them made for the blue car, I believe the owner has painted them black.

Those are a 17" rim, but don't look it which is why I like them. I'll find out how much they were...

Yep, alloys. Marc designed them and had them made for the blue car, I believe the owner has painted them black.

Those are a 17" rim, but don't look it which is why I like them. I'll find out how much they were...

Wow! 17's. These would be perfect.  Please do let me know.

Not wishing to blow smoke up your arse, but that slide demonstrates you're used to a car going from under you, most would've panicked and lobbed too much opposite lock on. 

Dab of oppo and away ??

If I didn't think the marshals would get upset and start waving flags at me I would've loved cut a whole lap slideways!

The wet made it a good day to explore the cars handling and learn it though.

It should handle much better once I get the broken engine mount & blown rear right shock replaced!   Didn't have time before the event.

And the clutch only just made it home...:blink: 

A new set of wiper blades might be the go as well if the sandpaper grinding noise on the camera is anything to go by ?

Yeh they were mentioned at the service it had in the week before... I thought they were put in but found out once there that obviously not!

Might check my invoice...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Boxrod at Sandown today.  First time i've driven there.  

Still haven't had time to sort the engine mount, rear suspension or clutch, but figured Fuch it!   I'll just turn up and drive anyway.

Early bird gets the garage

Half of the PFA garage gang SimonK, Pork Chops, with TP-993 and Hugh out of shot..

Couldn't find my phone mount last night...so here's a lap with a view of the sky.

Best time for the Boxrod was...In your best Jeremy Clarkson accent...

"You did it......

In One minute.....

Thirty.....

Seven...

.06 seconds!

Happy with that for a wannabe star in a reasonably priced car.

Clutch did crap itself at the end of the last run though, so me and the boxrod got a lift home..

The Boxrod at Sandown today.  First time i've driven there.  

Still haven't had time to sort the engine mount, rear suspension or clutch, but figured Fuch it!   I'll just turn up and driveyou anyway.

Early bird gets the garage

Half of the PFA garage gang SimonK, Pork Chops, with TP-993 and Hugh out of shot..

Couldn't find my phone mount last night...so here's a lap with a view of the sky.

Best time for the Boxrod was...In your best Jeremy Clarkson accent...

"You did it......

In One minute.....

Thirty.....

Seven...

.06 seconds!

Happy with that for a wannabe star in a reasonably priced car.

Clutch did crap itself at the end of the last run though, so me and the boxrod got a lift home..

you bully  

Silver lining:  now you will get to check out the IMS bearing!

I were just trying to give it the old rev limiter lubrication solution - it's free you just gotta splash the oil around, but alas i will now succumb to peer pressure and do it while there...  

• 2 weeks later...

After recovering from spending 40% of the vehicle purchase on clutch, flywheel, LN IMS, etc etc, I've just ordered some KW coilovers for the 'rod.

Looking forward to getting them in when they arrive!

V3-gal-img1.png

And my Momo wheel sampler pack arrived too!

I got 2 x Mod07, 1 in leather and 1 in suede, and a Mod78 in suede also.

I think the leather Mod07 will go in the boxrod, the suede Mod07 in the 924.

The Mod78 is kind of a spare...  it would suit a more mid 80's to early 90's car in my opinion.  

I guess it could go in the lancer...but if someone wants to make an fair offer on a brand new genuine Momo Mod78 wheel let me know.

Edited by TrevMcRev

Noted that you got a new LN IMS. But dont throw the old one away.

When you get a bit of time on your hands & in a destructive mood; could you cut the old bearing in half and inspect it for internal wear?

Your Boxrod is a prime example of the P. cars that buyers are scared of. Curious to know if the old IMS is still good internally or partially worn out.