TrevMcRevs Boxster Hotrod

Noted that you got a new LN IMS. But dont throw the old one away.

When you get a bit of time on your hands & in a destructive mood; could you cut the old bearing in half and inspect it for internal wear?

Your Boxrod is a prime example of the P. cars that buyers are scared of. Curious to know if the old IMS is still good internally or partially worn out.

Yeah I kept it, it feels good to spin in your hand, no grinding at all.

I'll open it up sometime and record it.

I had no plan to do the IMS if not for having to do the clutch.  When it's right in your face anyway....might as well.

Early boxster engines are plentiful and pretty cheap now, about the same as doing all the preventative work!

996 is higher stakes...but I didn't do it in my 996 either.   They don't call me Captain Risky for nothing!

lol got me bad.  I'm like WTF is going on there?  That looks weird....then the penny dropped in my tiny mind!

The wind in her hair while parked had you confused for a while huh?

This one will stump you...  must be an Auto because in my experience it is really hard to use the clutch with your pants around your ankles.

plumber.png?w=515

Edited by TrevMcRev

0ec7413bbf8060562ace3bfa064ba7f7.jpg

Yep.  A girl in bathers with a porsche is offensive because some guys find her attractive, some guys don't, and some guys are a little confused because they like her...  But the pic above it of a guy on the side of a pick up truck with his pants down taking a dump doesn't even raise an eyebrow! :wacko:  

0ec7413bbf8060562ace3bfa064ba7f7.jpg

OH this reply is to Trevors above, not KGBs graphic.

Its not just the image, it was also the commentary that came after it - questioning the persons gender.  It's offensive. . With the photo now removed and the comments also removed this post doesn't make much sense.

As for the pick up truck, its not nearly as bad nor is it the same thing.

Edited by amanda

Its not just the image, it was also the commentary that came after it - questioning the persons gender.  It's offensive. . With the photo now removed and the comments also removed this post doesn't make much sense.

Welcome back.

Amanda, nobody meant offence.  Like it or not car forums on the internet are very boy dominated and boys will be boys.  I can't call it locker room talk anymore as The Donald has rather hijacked that one.  Sure the image and banter was a little borderline but do we really want the place to be squeaky clean and vanilla?  For the absolute majority of the time this place is very grown up and respectful which I'm in support of, but I call into question your offence.  I for one will never succumb to the apologists and the politically correct...

It's the Internet. Eye roll and scroll on past if you don't like it.  I'm horrified by what I come across on the Internet sometimes but in the end it's all just pixels on a screen and I can choose to ignore it so I do.  Apparently whatever it was has been removed so zero harm done.  Visit a courtroom for a day to see the real harm people do to each other - in comparison the light hearted and overwhelmingly well meaning banter on pfa is a beacon of sanity and good conduct.

Being "offended" or finding something "offensive" is purely a personal choice, one you make internally.   It is not imposed or inflicted upon you by someone or something else - it is just your own internal disagreement with others thoughts, as though you have the right to be in control of others own thoughts.  Stating "It's offensive" doesn't make it a fact.  But that also does not mean it is not true for you.  Thinking that your interpretation of how it makes you feel personally makes it a fact is as silly as me finding it offensive that you're offended.   Many others demonstrated that to them it was not offensive.  No one can be right about whether it is or isn't, only about how it feels to themselves.  

The pickup might be not bad for you - that's only your interpretation, others could be highly offended by the sight of a man pooing. 

So by your method it is "offensive" for me to question the certainty of someones gender.  

Why?  Do you know with certainty what that persons gender is just by the photo?  Please tell me how you can tell.  It may be offensive (to them or others) to assume they were not born as a man, but identify with being a woman.  Maybe they would be offended if they were not recognised as being transgender...  Maybe they are proud of it?

Have you not ever seen a person and wondered if they were transgender?  

I made no reference whether it's a good or bad thing regarding the actual answer to the question.  Therefore I'm offended that you assume it is a bad thing. Because I have no negative judgement about ones gender or sexual preference...  But it would seem that you have made your own judgement that my thoughts were negative - which I find offensive!  And now the thread has been moderated on that basis.  

Does the PFA believe a woman must have been born as a woman to have the right to wear bathers in front of a Porsche?  

Some of the most beautiful women I've ever seen are transgender. I have no problem with a person choosing to change their gender.  I happily leave my 8 year old son at fencing class with an instructor who quite openly and obviously was born as a man but currently identifies as a woman.  The whole class is full of the weirdest, oddest bunch of kids you could ever find.  And I think it is wonderful. One could be offended that I see them as weirdos ( i don't mean sexual preference, I mean different and strange)... My own son knows he's weird, and embraces it with pride.  I love that he is different and I love that he loves that he is. 

So what about the image below... Is it offensive? To who?  Why?  

80-556cbb02378caf0d670e5f10_caitlyn_jenn

It's a woman in a Porsche, right?

In this case I do not need to ask the question, because I already know the answer.  But if someone who didn't know asked would it be offensive?

To some it would be more offensive to identify the above as a woman with huge hands...  Wait.  Did I just say that out loud? I hope that doesn't offend anyone!

I'm offended that the original pictures have been taken down.  I'm offended that my build thread has been edited.  I think the image and idea that "Trev's boxster gets the ladeez" was very fitting with the whole theme of me trying to pump up the idea that my cheap shitty boxster is actually cool when deep down we all know it's because it's all my broke ass* can afford.  [by *broke ass I mean low on disposable income. If you're thinking something else then you are the one thinking it]

Why else would anyone want a 986!  No offence intended towards Boxster owners!  Actually, if you're a Boxster owner and offended, harden the heck up!  As long as you're happy with it it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of it!

Notice I said heck...that's not what I wanted say, but I didn't want to offend anyone.. Damn, now I'm censoring myself!

I have all the Leper Porsches! A Boxster, a 924 and a Cayenne! Oh no now i've offended everyone with Leprosy!

If I could afford a GT3 this thread wouldn't even exist.  

Now I'm offended that i've offended myself!  Oh this is not going well...

I hope no one is offended that my IMS bearing got replaced by one that is not as the car was originally made with....  I know I am!  Please mods do not delete the photo of my IMS!

I hope no one is offended I went with KW suspension instead of Bilstein.

I hope no one is offended I want to put steel wheels on a watercooled Porsche.

And if I decide to convert it from manual to auto i will be highly offended if anyone ever questions if was factory delivered as a manual!

How many threads on here have raised the question from an image of a car if the engine or paint colour, or steering wheel location, country of origin, or indicators, or windscreen wipers suggest hints that it may not be all that it appears on the surface...should we intervene due to personal offence when we are not even the subject?  Should the images and questions be removed?  "But a car is different to a person!" I hear you say.  Of course, but the concept of offence is not.  How dare they ask!  I'm offended!  If I show you a car with Carrera RS stickers on it then so it must be! I want $1.5m for it!   Mods, please delete all pictures of cars and questions about their originality!  

Some are offended by the idea that anything that can be said is better said by a meme than they can say themselves... so here is a few that I agree with.  Don't be offended if you don't.  

fry.jpg  

people-of-the-internet-being-offended-is

1190213670-the-feeling.jpg

that-is-offensive.jpg?w=456&h=304

Ricky-Gervais-quote2.jpg

KJy5r2f.png

18081e0b1f8cb8253e6b4f08abf3aa8d--funny-

Edited by TrevMcRev

Political correctness is getting out of control... are we going to celebrate 'Special Persons Day' now too...

This has got to be the cleanest, most PC internet site I have been on. If PFA was too offensive for me, I think I would have to cancel my internet connection...

Political correctness is getting out of control... are we going to celebrate 'Special Persons Day' now too...

This has got to be the cleanest, most PC internet site I have been on. If PFA was too offensive for me, I think I would have to cancel my internet connection...

I nearly pulled the plug when you put purple stripes on your car! Is nothing sacred?!

...JK I love the purple.

Here goes.  If I get banned then you know where I am fellas.

.....That is one tidy rig!  But personally I'd strip off the red bits so I could see those beautiful curves au natural.  The car.  The car I meant.

BTW Trev, that is an epic rant.  I'm expecting many aborists didn't get a phone call back today on account of the time it took to construct that monologue!

80-556cbb02378caf0d670e5f10_caitlyn_jenn

Trev I think you might sneakily be going for a record here.

At your own hand, having two threads locked in a month.

I'll be offended if they do...  

There will need to be a new rule added to the guidelines:

Rule 27.3.2 

Do not offend anyone on the internet.

Rule 27.3.3

Everyone must have the same thoughts, feelings and opinions.

Although subjective, I don't think anything posted here is actually against the forum Code of Conduct, Rules & Guidelines, but it has been moderated anyway because 1 person expressed it was the reason for there not being many women on a car enthusiast internet forum....

From my reference, it is not political, racist, sexist or religious to be unsure of someones gender.  However it would be to allow or not allow an advantage, disadvantage, privilege or bias based on someones gender - which is exactly what has been done by moderating the thread.

ld1gif.gif

BTW Trev, that is an epic rant.  I'm expecting many aborists didn't get a phone call back today on account of the time it took to construct that monologue!

wrong.jpg

Edited by TrevMcRev