New Zealand Boxster Adventures

And delivered to its new home this morning. Looking fairly vanilla, but a good blank canvass. GT exhaust is here and should be fitted in time for my first visit early June. I'll get an oil and filter change at the same time. After that it suspension and brakes. I've caved in and ordered a load of stuff from Elephant to get it all set up nicely.

67EB65F8-8DB9-4126-8FBA-C31C18BFF0B4_zps

Oooh, now I'm excited as I'm gong over there early June for a little work and a little play too.  I'll be driving down from Auckland to Mt Taranaki near New Plymouth.  Hike the mountain, stay in a conservation hut, take some photos of sun rise, walk out and hope the Boxster is where I left it, and with a roof.  There will be some mountain hooning time in the schedule too.  Woohoo!

Mount_Taranaki_New_Zealand2_zpsgheflnv0.

Watch out for the Keas if you're in the South Island. A Boxster would seem like a snack to those little bastards. ;)

I lived in Christchurch for 3 years and drove all over the SI. The roads are so good. Like Tassie but smoother, wider, well marked, and nobody freaks out when you cross the centre line. It's kind of expected.

OK track day at Hampton Downs locked in for the 27th August. Got these OZ Alleggerita 18s with Yoko  A050s from good old Gumtree. Now got to get them from Perth to Auckland!

721E8820-7ACF-4CED-B45C-66C042073AC9_zps

92EA10FD-ECB7-4883-AF05-AD5DEB1E2C50_zps

And the Carnewal GT zorst, brake ducts and stickers are all now at the workshop in Auckland and will get installed next Tuesday.

43BCE09F-FEBB-4214-8227-F1A257FF804E_zps

Watch out for the Keas if you're in the South Island. A Boxster would seem like a snack to those little bastards. ;)

I lived in Christchurch for 3 years and drove all over the SI. The roads are so good. Like Tassie but smoother, wider, well marked, and nobody freaks out when you cross the centre line. It's kind of expected.

Wow yeah now you mention it I remember them.  My wife and I were abruptly woken in our camper many years ago by them.  Middle of nowhere, free camping.  There was some inexplicably loud banging coming from above and I got up expecting to see some crazed madman flailing the decapitated head of a hapless victim on the roof, but it was just a few Keas!

I'd say NZ would be better driving than Tas for the reasons stated...better surface, less traffic, more roads to cover, crazy scenery...

One of my favorite drives was through the Lewis Pass which has a crazy river next to it that changes direction. First part of the journey you're going against the current, and second half you're going with it. Try and do that, Tassie!