New Zealand Boxster Adventures

Hampton%20Downs%204-L.jpg

One of these looks to be pointing in the wrong direction ;)...

295 on a 10 is big but it fits and looks fine and works well as far as I'm concerned. I don't reckon you need new wheels dude just a set of 16.35mm (or closest to it) spacers and your front offsets are the same as mine. Contact me if you need to figure this out but I don't think you need new wheels. And 235s are probably one size too large for 8" but I can't see it being an issue.

I'll do a test fit soon. Might be ok just to get some new fronts in correct offset as I would also prefer 8.5" (being the stock wheel width) and I do like a nice well full of wheel!

VW thingy on the left (sorry I can't remember what it is) packs a 2.0l turbo engine.

IMG_8247-L.jpg

It's a Karmann Ghia  'Razor'

One of the most comfortable cars I've ever driven. There's also a couple in Victoria with flat 6's in them

• 1 month later...

@ Pork Chops - did you ever get your NZ ride?  Find myself in the position of finally being able to consider an 08-10 Cayman in NZ (we ended up keeping thehouse rather than buying a Porsche for anyone looking at my forum history)...

Don’t think a Boxster the go unless very compelling options list - bit too damp in AKL most of the year for a rag top. 

Be interested in any/all comments on the NZ side of things - dealers/spannermen and so on.  

@ Pork Chops - did you ever get your NZ ride?  Find myself in the position of finally being able to consider an 08-10 Cayman in NZ (we ended up keeping thehouse rather than buying a Porsche for anyone looking at my forum history)...

Don’t think a Boxster the go unless very compelling options list - bit too damp in AKL most of the year for a rag top. 

Be interested in any/all comments on the NZ side of things - dealers/spannermen and so on.  

Dude you should read all of this 7 page thread and you'd know!  Yes I got a Boxster and I can highly recommend one.  If you want a manual car you'll take what you can get most of the time or pay through the nose and wait a long time.  Any who care about options as they don't speed you up any.  Happy to talk NZ stuff any time and can recommend Aero Automotive in AUK (Stu) and also Euro Pacific in Hamilton did my PPI and Steve is a good guy there.  If you want to get into the scene over there join PCNZ,  Cheers.