WEC 2017

tazzieman

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This race never fails to excite. Heartbreaking for two of the three Toyotas all in the space of 5 minutes.

I reckon an LMP2 car could be on the podium outright!

Hang in there and bring the cars home Porsche. :D

Only more than half the duration left B) It's a reliability contest , just like the pioneer motor races of the early 1900s.
Though points aren't deducted for specific modes of failure , unlike the old days. 

I picked the right year to be away on holidays. Although I have found a live stream at racedepartment.com and the internet at our resort in Vietnam is quite good. Opening hour was a ripper, particularly the battle between the Porsche and Ferrari in GTEPro. Woke up to find Porsche LMP1 leading by 9 laps to one of the Oreca LMP2 cars, wtf! At least GTE should still deliver an entertaining race. Torn between barracking for Porsche and Richy Stanaway in the Aston. Go Porsche! Go Aussies! I'm off to sun myself by the pool. 

What fantastic coverage you now get, choose your car, pit, classic coverage and away you go. The GTE race is definitely exciting at this stage so will be interesting how it all pans out.

I know it was for safety reasons but I do miss the shear speed of the old old cars before the chicanes in the mulsanne straight, they used to fly ( in some cases literally!) and just amazing to see them absolutely flat out for such a long time each lap

I'm watching the eurosport feed, the commentators have been fantastic. They were just throwing shade on the stoic faced Porsche pit crew for not celebrating. :lol:

The Large Fraulein hasn't started singing , but she's out back warming up her voice!

Archived