WEC 2017

tazzieman

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic victory for the No.2 Porsche. They were down and out last night but hung in there and fought back. :D

Webber should have hung around for one more year...

Very exciting end to the GTE Pro category as well. The Corvette almost had it won with one lap to go but the two Astons put too much pressure on and forced the mistakes to win. Great British victory. 

Luckily it's a 24 hour race. Slow and steady often wins. Many times since the 50s Porsche has been losing , yet wins on reliability.

To finish first , first you have to finish. I predict Prius sales will be down this year.

That last 3 laps with the Corvette and Aston's was awesome!

Congrats to Porsche, and especially to Brendan Hartley. Nice to see Webber handing them the trophies too

Porsche already had the hat trick t shirts printed :)

I'm sure Toyota did too :D

Congratulations to Porsche, and to Jackie Chan DC Racing Oreca for second overall and first in LMP2

I loved last year when the parade was on, most famous people had bodyguards. Jackie Chan had himself.

chinese-actor-jackie-chan-waves-in-the-s

Congratulations to Porsche, and to Jackie Chan DC Racing Oreca for second overall and first in LMP2

I loved last year when the parade was on, most famous people had bodyguards. Jackie Chan had himself.

chinese-actor-jackie-chan-waves-in-the-s

Yeah I'm sure he would be fine on his own.

Go Porsche;)

• 1 month later...

Yep, sadly that has been kicking around for a couple of weeks now.... it appears they have achieved what they set out to do, will the last team to leave please turn out the lights....

On the bright side, their focus in WEC will solely be the RSR! 

Let's face it, hybrid was probably only ever the stepping stone between internal combustion and full EV... 

The beginning of the end.... enjoy what is left.... with no LMP1 class and no big names in LMP2 the WEC is doomed..... :(

The WEC is was the pinnacle of sports cars....

Which brings me back to what I said with having the WEC LMP2 privateer teams being in contention for an outright win. I'd prefer to see the GT class as the premier WEC class, not the prototypes. I do like them, but much prefer to watch a car that kinda looks like a car that's on the road

Which brings me back to what I said with having the WEC LMP2 privateer teams being in contention for an outright win. I'd prefer to see the GT class as the premier WEC class, not the prototypes. I do like them, but much prefer to watch a car that kinda looks like a car that's on the road

agree 

Yes I agree Lee and I think this will be Porsche focus next year and years to come........Currently the only LMP1 competition is Toyota ,,,,,the 919 has won Le mans 3 years in a row ,,,why risk being beaten next year when you can finish on top of your game .........If Toyota win next year who cares ,,,,they will be the only LMP1 contender and the victory is sort of a hollow one with out other brands to compete with ,,,Porsche placing more focus on their production based racers eg RSR is a good thing as it is more relevant to the road going cars and certainly a lot cheaper than the  LMP1 cars ,,who knows we may see a new version of Hybrid RSR like the car from a few years back .......I think its a smart move to call it a day in LMP1 

Guess I'll be watching the Formula E next year. I've only watched a few races since it started but it did have a certain charm. High energy races with cars that sounded like vacuum cleaner spaceships...before each driver had to jump in their second car as the first battery ran out. Half the grid seem to be ex-F1 drivers.

I echo the sentiments of the others here re the WEC. It will be good to see Porsche focus its energy on the RSR's. They haven't been as competitive as the Astons, Fords and Corvettes the last few years...

Guess I'll be watching the Formula E next year. I've only watched a few races since it started but it did have a certain charm. High energy races with cars that sounded like vacuum cleaner spaceships...before each driver had to jump in their second car as the first battery ran out. Half the grid seem to be ex-F1 drivers.

Welcome to the Cool Kids Club.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived