I'm thinking about a Exige V6 - talk me out of it (or into it!)

sleazius

I have test driven both the supercharged Elise and Exige at Bell & Covill Lotus dealership back in the UK.

Awesome experience on British B roads, but i guess the best Lotus experience is driving someone else's Lotus :lol:

A mate of mine has an Exige...with a bigger supercharger, exhaust and street slicks he's regularly the fastest guy at track days. More suited to tighter tracks like the Farm, but it's fast. I'm talking 991 GT3 fast :o

Too true, but I'm not ?

Fibreglass cars always look worse than they are in a crash though, the recent Grant Dennier crash case in point. The tub held up very well and he was really moving when he hit the tree.

I know a lot of the guys in the Lotus world and the V6 Exige with all of the electronic aids is a real weapon, especially with some tuning added by SSC in Sydney.

Seeing you're in Sydney, I can't see why you'd have too many issues with having the car looked after. SSC have an exceptional record with looking after owners and since the Toyota engines were fitted, Lotus have the kind of reliability that well, Toyotas have.

I'd talk to SSC and ask about any weak points, the earlier S2's had issues with rear toe links once Rspecs were fitted and once upgraded became a non issue. I had a S2 Exige for a couple of years and it was a very pleasant experience.

So the responses on this thread pushed me to put in an offer on a car. Long story short it was rejected (and fair enough too as i asked the owner to take a haircut). That afternoon all the vids on the new kid on the block were released and now I *really* want my GT3 EOI to pay off.

Archived