Berry South Coast

Stu

Took off to Berry, left the family at home. Just me, the Targa, some old tunes and the road. Before I knew it I had done two tanks of fuel and that was just the way there. Might have been a few sneaky side roads. The roads down south are just awesome, the new road into Berry just opened up (no by pass yet)... beautiful piece of road but the speed creeps up there! Stayed at The Berry Lake House - my kind of heaven!

• 1 month later...

I found some new roads last week, about 350klmns round trip from Berry, no, absolutely no traffic, signposted 100ks, no dirt, long straights & twistys. Not saying for obvious reasons, drove saturday & passed 3 cars, acouple of variations for the return, any interest? I promise I never exceeded 100klms/hr.

Tingy, Huesghy, tom, edgy, Stu, others?? Interest? symsy, got some accomodation here.

I'm interested just need to work dates out, as its a good option to take the other half for a weekend away and include a little drive time ?

Dates are flexible for us, lets see the level of interest, going for another drive regardless, ends up behind lake bruce & lake george.

Hi mate, yea I'm super keen! I have the old Porsche in for some paint an interior work, sold the new one so it would be a few weeks away for me. I was in Berry for the weekend back next month as balls deep in a house build here in Syd

I found some new roads last week, about 350klmns round trip from Berry, no, absolutely no traffic, signposted 100ks, no dirt, long straights & twistys. Not saying for obvious reasons, drove saturday & passed 3 cars, acouple of variations for the return, any interest? I promise I never exceeded 100klms/hr.

Tingy, Huesghy, tom, edgy, Stu, others?? Interest? symsy, got some accomodation here.

I'm keen mate, can bring bbq....... ;) 

Next Saturday 15th or Sunday 16th? I'm going to do it anyway. Start in Nowra, finish in Berry or you can jump off on the Hume near Bowral & head back to Sydney that way. Lunch in Bungendor pub.  Day preference????? About 357klmns 4.5hrs PM me for map.

Next Saturday 15th or Sunday 16th? I'm going to do it anyway. Start in Nowra, finish in Berry or you can jump off on the Hume near Bowral & head back to Sydney that way. Lunch in Bungendor pub.  Day preference????? About 357klmns 4.5hrs PM me for map.

Bump

• 3 weeks later...

No problems, I drove it again on Monday& shortened it down to 281klmns but it's still an ask, maybe next time. 

Hi Greg,

I'd like to look at this later in the year, around October.  Can't fit it in just now.  Could you PM me the route details?

Cheers!

David.

I will be up this way in October taking the family on a road trip (hiring a Merc so at least I will have a bit of fun :) )

Any tips/ advice on what to see or any intersting roads? I plan to take in the Sea Cliff Bridge, Jervis Bay and Batemans Bay and most stuff in between. We are basically driving from Sydney to Canberra via the coast.

Thanks

Keen, but my father is gravely ill so may be a while for me as well, be good to catch up with everyone again.:)

I hope all is ok Stephen?

From Nowra to Canberra, try, Albatross Road, then Braidwood Road to Nerriga, Oallen Road, Oallen Ford Road, Sandy Point Road, Cullulla Road, Lumley Road to Tarago, then to Bungendore via Tarago Road.  Take a final blast into Queanbeyan via, Hoskinstown Road, Briars Sharrow Road and Captains Flat Road.  Driven it many times, it's all sealed and excellent!!!

If you don't mind some dirt stretches, continue on the Nerriga Road from Nerriga to Braidwood, then Kings Highway back to Bungendore.

Archived