For Sale - LS1 944

1 hour ago, chris_f said:

Car is now sold and has found a new home in Melbourne. Stay safe everyone and thanks to those who expressed interest in the car. Cheers!

Did you sell it pre lockdown? Asking because I’m interested in a car in QLD but am in Melbourne and I don’t want to have to quarantine for 2 weeks...

1 hour ago, JLD said:

Did you sell it pre lockdown? Asking because I’m interested in a car in QLD but am in Melbourne and I don’t want to have to quarantine for 2 weeks...

It was sold while lockdown was in place. The buyer had a relative living in QLD who inspected the car for him. We then arranged transport of the car to Melbourne. Freight is still functioning as normal, although a little slower than usual.

I don't even know if you would be let into QLD if your purpose was to buy a car. They are turning non-residents back at the airport. Makes things very difficult!

On 03/04/2020 at 12:28, chris_f said:

It was sold while lockdown was in place. The buyer had a relative living in QLD who inspected the car for him. We then arranged transport of the car to Melbourne. Freight is still functioning as normal, although a little slower than usual.

I don't even know if you would be let into QLD if your purpose was to buy a car. They are turning non-residents back at the airport. Makes things very difficult!

Well done Chris - a shame it had to go, but you can move on now. I'm negotiating a sale Bris - Sydney, wondering which carrier you used.

35 minutes ago, Rob said:

Well done Chris - a shame it had to go, but you can move on now. I'm negotiating a sale Bris - Sydney, wondering which carrier you used.

Thanks Rob, I was only driving the car once a month and it was better for it go to a home where it will get a bit more love / driven more often. I certainly won't forget the car!

The buyer organised the transport so I have no idea on the name of the company, sorry! Are you selling your car?

1 hour ago, chris_f said:

Thanks Rob, I was only driving the car once a month and it was better for it go to a home where it will get a bit more love / driven more often. I certainly won't forget the car!

The buyer organised the transport so I have no idea on the name of the company, sorry! Are you selling your car?

Yes Chris, selling the TT RS for the same reason, not enough use to justify the standing costs. Was the transport door to door or depot to depot?

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Yes Chris, selling the TT RS for the same reason, not enough use to justify the standing costs. Was the transport door to door or depot to depot?

Yeah, that's the right call then, no sense in keeping it... it was door to door, which made things easy! Got picked up on a small trailer and taken to the depot..

received_992511374478999.jpeg

17 hours ago, OzJustin said:

@chris_f Congrats on the sale Chris. Sounds like some perseverance was needed. I bet it was a sad day seeing it on the trailer!

@Rob I heard you were selling the TT RS. Any idea what you'll replace it with? Something two pedal I take it?

Thanks Justin, most people who inspected the car said they couldn't live without air conditioning. As you know it's a fairly hardcore / raw build, so not for everyone. I'll certainly miss seeing it in the garage... just love those fenders and pop up headlights!

19 hours ago, OzJustin said:

@chris_f Congrats on the sale Chris. Sounds like some perseverance was needed. I bet it was a sad day seeing it on the trailer!

@Rob I heard you were selling the TT RS. Any idea what you'll replace it with? Something two pedal I take it?

Two pedal isn't a priority. Total knee replacement has gone extremely well and no probs with clutch pedal. Will look for a ute after TT RS goes, for short-term project. Something interesting maybe down the track.

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

Two pedal isn't a priority. Total knee replacement has gone extremely well and no probs with clutch pedal. Will look for a ute after TT RS goes, for short-term project. Something interesting maybe down the track.

Ute???? Glad the knee worked out for you mate:D

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Wouldn't have guessed a ute was on the horizon. Datsun 1200... :P 

Good to hear the knee is going well. :) 

3 hours ago, Bobby44 said:

Congrats on the sale! New owner has got himself what looks like a very very fun car to drive

Thanks mate. It has arrived safely in Melbourne and I'm sure the new owner is having a bit of fun with it.. was certainly a blast to drive

• 1 year later...

Find the build thread - it’s long, chronological and comprehensive.   I read it in 2019 before the car was sold.  The car has no carpet or aircon and  seats are fixed to the floor, no rails, so no adjustment.  It was for sale for about 3 years before it sold under $30K.  The (Melbourne) purchaser then advertised it for about $100K throughout 2020 with no sale.  Not a car to buy sight unseen as mods are unusual and extensive.  It would be prudent to check registration situation is AOK in VIC, regardless of if it has currentl VIC reg or not.  It would be surprising if it didn’t require engineering and special reg (unless completed here Prior to reg).  

“Mod plating” as they refer to it in sunny QLD is a relatively simple process cp other states.  There are defined pathways to ensure various modifications are checked for correct mechanical installation and the overall safety balance of the vehicle following modification is good.   Their system helps a punter to modify appropriately and transparently.  VICRoads have a more restrictive outlook.   The list of engineers they’ll deal with here is small and they stipulate who you must use.  Many of the approved engineers over charge and over specify like a monopoly, encouraged by the restricted landscape VICRoads created.  Having a car professionally engineered in any Australian state/territory should make the process much easier in another state.  That’s not the case here.  Typical VIC corruption from the top down 😊