My 1989 944 S2

Well I figured it was about time I put a post up on my new purchase. I recently became the owner of a 1989 944 S2, my first Porsche, and more than a decade in the making.

Sincere thanks to Rob and Jason for their assistance through the process. :) 

Now some brief details on the car.

Stone Grey on black Porsche script interior

Australian delivered

193k km

Full service history from new

A few notable goodies on the car:

- Koni MO30 adjustable suspension 
- 968 CS sway bars front and rear
- Racer's Edge camber plates
- KLA strut brace
- Braided brake lines
- 9Tuning performance chip
- 2.5inch stainless exhaust
- 18inch 996 Carrera lightweight wheels (8 and 10in widths)

The car also came with a box of spare parts and recently refinished stock Design 90 wheels with new Michelin tyres

I have some maintenance to perform on the car to get it nice and reliable (timing chain, belts, water pump etc) but it should be a good base for my weekend purpose.

Looking forward to the ownership experience. :D 

I only have a couple of photos from the seller at this stage. I will be sure to create an ownership thread and post plenty of pics once I've had a chance to detail her and get the SLR camera out.

Justin

Image%201_zpsscyakw9p.jpg 

Image%202_zpssvfi5hzg.jpg 

Image%203_zpsbfmdlvdt.jpg 

Image%204_zpszo3oiqey.jpg 

Image%205_zpsrlid540w.jpg 

Image%206_zpsbrqqqelb.jpg 

Congrats Justin, what a great purchase. I would love to see yours with the D90's back on. Enjoy the new weekend toy.

I'd love to add an S2 to the garage one day, always loved them.

I'd love to add an S2 to the garage one day, always loved them.

Congrats on your purchase. I wish I had the space for one.

Don't let space stand in your way, a cheap car hoist is your friend, ...I know of two of these rare beauties for sale at the moment, don't let them get away, hahaha :ph34r::ph34r:

Nice purchase OzJustin!

Don't let space stand in your way, a cheap car hoist is your friend, ...I know of two of these rare beauties for sale at the moment, don't let them get away, hahaha :ph34r::ph34r:

Been looking into these. Might not have the height in the garage to fit two cars vertically.   :(

Space is not my only problem... but one day.

haha - If I had a hoist, all I'll be doing is converting the 944 into a pancake. :)

Very nice.

I'll swap you my cam cover for those D90's:ph34r:

I'll make you a counter offer. You can have the four schmick D90s for your cam cover and I'll throw in a fifth D90 as a spare if you throw in your white S2. ?

On a more serious note - thanks all for the comments. Very excited about the new car. :) 

Archived