KLASSSSSY 2 - 76 930

this is an interesting one. 

a 76 930 that has been 959'd (ish). Current owner has been methodically turning it back to stock, but run out of  funds and needs to sell.

confirmed 76 turbo engine, but owner thinks its none matching - looking more into this as often numbers didn't match 

rear guards replaced with originals from Germany

76 datestamped fuchs sourced

whale tail sourced

engine rebuilt - not yet run

prepped and ready for paint

what to do....

14_zpsg3aoknqn.jpg

11_zps6vqjjjxo.jpg

12_zpslyjhooqc.jpg

03_zpskxcji9da.jpg

09_zpsxpipcivr.jpg

10_zpst3sj2fko.jpg

08_zpsszbpvgy2.jpg

02_zpsli5nt8qn.jpg

02_zpsli5nt8qn.jpg

01_zpsfqtqicix.jpg

05_zpscpeiq3zg.jpg

What's your guess ? $80-$100k in work and parts to finish, plus import and GST? I assume all the interior is gone, full electrics, hydraulics, brakes etc needed?

art the right price it would be a nice project

this is an interesting one. 

a 76 930 that has been 959'd (ish). Current owner has been methodically turning it back to stock, but run out of  funds and needs to sell.

confirmed 76 turbo engine, but owner thinks its none matching - looking more into this as often numbers didn't match 

rear guards replaced with originals from Germany

76 datestamped fuchs sourced

whale tail sourced

engine rebuilt - not yet run

prepped and ready for paint

what to do....

14_zpsg3aoknqn.jpg

11_zps6vqjjjxo.jpg

12_zpslyjhooqc.jpg

03_zpskxcji9da.jpg

09_zpsxpipcivr.jpg

10_zpst3sj2fko.jpg

08_zpsszbpvgy2.jpg

02_zpsli5nt8qn.jpg

02_zpsli5nt8qn.jpg

01_zpsfqtqicix.jpg

05_zpscpeiq3zg.jpg

Lend him the money to finish off the project. 10-15% PA. Take a PMSI over the vehicle.

What's your guess ? $80-$100k in work and parts to finish, plus import and GST? I assume all the interior is gone, full electrics, hydraulics, brakes etc needed?

art the right price it would be a nice project

I am waiting on a full list of what is missing and a quote to finish it off. He has most things and To finish paint is already quoted at $10k. Buy price is good so GST wouldn't be a worry and wouldn't attract LCT

I am waiting on a full list of what is missing and a quote to finish it off. He has most things and To finish paint is already quoted at $10k. Buy price is good so GST wouldn't be a worry and wouldn't attract LCT

(LCT) Surely it would post resto 

Hang on ... weren't we only bandying the said same word about earlier today ... I thought desire more apt. 

With LCT so I'm. clear , only levied on base purchase price , not total cost,  post 'improvements ' hmmm

One assumes it's in the US somewhere? Need another black left hooker for canyon carving and luftgekult shows? ?

looks like it is in Baghdad.

buy - where are you going to find another one?

If it's a little far gone mild 76 hotrod- a few outlaw touches 

Hang on ... weren't we only bandying the said same word about earlier today ... I thought desire more apt. 

With LCT so I'm. clear , only levied on base purchase price , not total cost,  post 'improvements ' hmmm

only levied on what is says on the purchase document. I only buy dodgy LHD cars of course and have completed my Symsy home schooled course in being the perfect negotiator but imports to date include a homeless guys 930 for $120k and a minty 912 for $30k. Mind you the 912 will be non-matching numbers soon so I might have to revisit the paperwork ?

LCT only kicks in if its over $69,094.00.  Also, be careful - if you get work done on it before you bring it in that means the buy price is say 40K and you spend another 160, you'll cop LCT on the $130,006.00.

I've advised a couple of clients who've been caught by this.  

The ATO web site is helpful.

Archived