1 hour ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Obviously not on the open market?

For me it came down to Brighton's black car which they gave me a good offer on and it was cheaper,  but the red car ended up being better value for money for me longer term.

Nope, I know the owner and run with him, good car but not for everyone as it’s done lots of track work. 

I’m curious how low you got the PCB down to.. 

1 hour ago, edgy said:

Nope, I know the owner and run with him, good car but not for everyone as it’s done lots of track work. 

I’m curious how low you got the PCB down to.. 

Curious on your mates asking price and spec (track pig suits me just fine at the right price)

Equally curious to know the PCB deal on Mr Black. 

• 2 weeks later...

Getting cheaper.  This has come down $12k since I've been following.  Porsche approved and $267k + ORC effectively.  Another $67k and I'd be keen ?

except for the bloody white dials.  Who does that on a black on black car?

pwljmnfw79to5ruw8rfvo3xg3.jpg?aspect=FitWithinNoPad&width=480

2014 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Auto MY15

• 15,118 km
  • Coupe
  • Automatic
  • 6cyl 3.8L Petrol

Dealer Used

For more information on this vehicle please visit:
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2014-Porsche-911-GT3-991-Auto-MY15/OAG-AD-16252562

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2018 at 22:32, DJM said:

I can't help but notice the volume of 991.2 GT3's coming on the market, I am assuming that a lot of these were speculative purchasers hoping to flip them perhaps. It will be interesting to see how many .2's are produced I'd imagine the build numbers will be greater than the .1's. 

The .1's have gone a little quiet at the moment probably on the understanding that the exit price point is sub 250K which is a far cry from the $3-320K they were 12 months ago. It will be interesting to see if you can enter the market in the low 2's Doug. There will be a lot of disappointed .1 owners if this is the case anytime soon. 

As a new .1 owner, I think what is keeping the market up on these is the lack of cars for sale (good for me now).  I must admit that I am surprised by the number of .2s for sale, many of which you'd imagine are owners trading to the RS.

I see that the Sapphire Blue QLD car has just popped up again this week at a dealer, now priced at $299K drive away.  The owner was asking $272+ORC.

27 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

I can't help but notice the volume of 991.2 GT3's coming on the market, I am assuming that a lot of these were speculative purchasers hoping to flip them perhaps. It will be interesting to see how many .2's are produced I'd imagine the build numbers will be greater than the .1's. 

The .1's have gone a little quiet at the moment probably on the understanding that the exit price point is sub 250K which is a far cry from the $3-320K they were 12 months ago. It will be interesting to see if you can enter the market in the low 2's Doug. There will be a lot of disappointed .1 owners if this is the case anytime soon. 

I don't know why you would buy one with the thought of flipping them. Money is drying up and the market is responding.

3 hours ago, mph911 said:

I don't know why you would buy one with the thought of flipping them. Money is drying up and the market is responding.

@mph911The market was red hot when you had to place an expression of interest on these .2 cars, this was at least 2+ years ago now; so whilst the market was fading as orders where being specced Porsche cars was still playing the perfect strategy between promoting allocations had been exhausted and therefore closed whilst still making sales. 

Was Brilliant!! I'm not sure they will have anywhere near the same success with the 992.

Porsche's problem is they are trying to make everything exclusive and trying to create instant collectable cars for wealthy customers that just have to have the newest, coolest model to post on instagram and peacock against the other wealthy hipsters. Hype can only last a certain length of time, the puff gets blown out and people move on, no longer impressed by the hype. Porsche has created something over the last few years that is very clever, I just think they went too far and took away the certain specialness that these cars have. PTS is a perfect example of that. At one point (EDIT - currently) there was/is more 991 GT3 RS's on Carsales than base Carrera's... Give me a 991 Carrera T any day.

^^^ very true. Look at Instagram and you used to see all 991.1s and since the .2 came out thats all you see. Everyone wants the latest and greatest. It’s not about how the cars drive anymore so much as what status it brings to to owner which is why we see what we see. Porsche has bought into it and sold out as a result. A GT3 used to be bought to flog hard in targa, on track or on regular weekend twisty. Now a vast majority of them buy to go get coffee. 

33 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

$50 to $60 K under market value something not right there ........most certainly a catch ,,,eg damage of some kind ...??????

1 hour ago, spiller said:

^^^ very true. Look at Instagram and you used to see all 991.1s and since the .2 came out thats all you see. Everyone wants the latest and greatest. It’s not about how the cars drive anymore so much as what status it brings to to owner which is why we see what we see. Porsche has bought into it and sold out as a result. A GT3 used to be bought to flog hard in targa, on track or on regular weekend twisty. Now a vast majority of them buy to go get coffee. 

Hey I still Instagram photos of my crappy old 997 at a ratio of 1: 24 craft beers.... then the half a dozen steaks, 5 x puppy dogs ...etc