On 22/12/2018 at 15:51, NBTBRV8 said:

Another new one on the market,  prices are definitely dropping. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2014-Porsche-911-GT3-991-Auto-MY14/OAG-AD-16750512

I looked at this one today. The engine was replaced at 14km. This was a recall. And comes with a certificate from Porsche verifying the change. Beautiful car.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, edgy said:

Where and when do you see RS pricing bottoming out? 

Long as banks keep not lending money, the floor is probably $200k. Is that likely? No. But stranger things have happened. Banks are currently rejecting 40% of loan applications, opposed to 5% in 2017.

On 18/02/2019 at 18:32, wilson59 said:

Saw a white 991 GT3  RS in Richmond’s  on Saturday for $300,000 higher km for a 16 model car 33,000 but still a nice car 

Good it has been driven, hasn't been listed yet. I'd be interested to see the price it will actually go for. 

2 hours ago, sleazius said:

Long as banks keep not lending money, the floor is probably $200k. Is that likely? No. But stranger things have happened. Banks are currently rejecting 40% of loan applications, opposed to 5% in 2017.

I don’t see this lending criteria  changing anytime soon...I also don’t see the Sydney  housing market improving anytime soon either... all very convenient for me really 😂 

I must confess, the question was loaded... my punt is to wait for more depreciation then strike on an RS... it’ll be a 991.1 though, I figured I’ve always wanted an RS, and I want one to go to the race track with it... so it’s really convenient that these are the bastard child as I won’t need to give up huge money for it (hopefully) and as such won’t feel bad about tracking it. My timing is about late next year at this stage... I am hoping they hit mid 2’s (or lower) by then... I’ll still have 5 years of engine warranty to play with also... 

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

Saw a white 991 GT3  RS in Richmond’s  on Saturday for $300,000 higher km for a 16 model car 33,000 but still a nice car 

Good to know, I’ll try ask some questions about it when I talk to them next, which should be tomorrow as they have my 997 now, not that I’m ready to move on it (as above) but I always like to track my target species 😂 it’s part of the hunt! And who doesn’t love the hunt?? 

10 minutes ago, edgy said:

I don’t see this lending criteria  changing anytime soon...I also don’t see the Sydney  housing market improving anytime soon either... all very convenient for me really 😂 

I must confess, the question was loaded... my punt is to wait for more depreciation then strike on an RS... it’ll be a 991.1 though, I figured I’ve always wanted an RS, and I want one to go to the race track with it... so it’s really convenient that these are the bastard child as I won’t need to give up huge money for it (hopefully) and as such won’t feel bad about tracking it. My timing is about late next year at this stage... I am hoping they hit mid 2’s (or lower) by then... I’ll still have 5 years of engine warranty to play with also... 

Good to know, I’ll try ask some questions about it when I talk to them next, which should be tomorrow as they have my 997 now, not that I’m ready to move on it (as above) but I always like to track my target species 😂 it’s part of the hunt! And who doesn’t love the hunt?? 

Pretty sure the10 year engine warranty only applies to the GT3, not the RS

13 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

Pretty sure the10 year engine warranty only applies to the GT3, not the RS

I believe you're correct with regards to the "10 year engine warranty" , and certainly it seems to be more 'hype' about them being affected than actual cases, I think I've read about 1 or 2 on RL with engine problems. 

Granted, buying a CPO car or one with warranty will allow manufacturer warranty extension to 10 years total, so peace of mind really... of course, hope you never bloody need it. 

37 minutes ago, edgy said:

I believe you're correct with regards to the "10 year engine warranty" , and certainly it seems to be more 'hype' about them being affected than actual cases, I think I've read about 1 or 2 on RL with engine problems. 

Granted, buying a CPO car or one with warranty will allow manufacturer warranty extension to 10 years total, so peace of mind really... of course, hope you never bloody need it. 

I don't know about the RS warranty,  but I suspect that you are right.

I do recall the press Lava Orange car having an engine failure whilst loaned out to one of the magazines,  it failed on the road, not the track and PCA weren't too happy.

White high mile RS at Richmonds is up, asking $330k prices are heading the right way :D 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-16925017/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email 

20 hours ago, sleazius said:

Do some rennlist research - there are more than one or two that have lunched the engine - however you are right, its nowhere near as bad as the GT3.

I tried to, my brain hurt trying to navigate those waters of the 991 GT3 forums :lol:

Seems to be a lot of 991.2 GT3's coming on to the market.  Another one just popped up in Sydney.  All PDK and all around the $339 to $359K mark.  The white one in SA still the standout one to buy for me although the black one in Sydney certainly grabs my attention.  In about 12 months I will be on the hunt I figure.  I sure hope that there is as good a choice then.

What would be the better buy the SA white 2018 991.2 GT3 with 2300 klms or the 2016 991 White GT3RS at Richmonds for $330K with 32000 klms and an extended warranty until 2021?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-2018/SSE-AD-5933598/

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-16925017/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email

49 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Seems to be a lot of 991.2 GT3's coming on to the market.  Another one just popped up in Sydney.  All PDK and all around the $339 to $359K mark.  The white one in SA still the standout one to buy for me although the black one in Sydney certainly grabs my attention.  In about 12 months I will be on the hunt I figure.  I sure hope that there is as good a choice then.

What would be the better buy the SA white 2018 991.2 GT3 with 2300 klms or the 2016 991 White GT3RS at Richmonds for $330K with 32000 klms and an extended warranty until 2021?

I am sure that RS had a $300,000 price tag on it on Saturday when I saw it .

33 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I am sure that RS had a $300,000 price tag on it on Saturday when I saw it .

Maybe that was the locals price mate? Kinda like when you go to Thailand.. there is the normal (tourist) price, and then there is "Thai price", I always negotiate with my local guy in tow whenever I am there. 

2 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

As both PDK, I’d probably go RS... while the GT3 has the better 4.0L, I like the extra visual boost that the rest of the RS goodies provide (in addition to their technical benefits). ie. carbon bonnet, magnesium roof, wider body, more aggressive wing, 21” rears etc.  Km’s are a concern but I reckon in 12 months when u r ready to buy a lot of the lower km examples we see now won’t have that many kms and have a fair chance of being around the same price if not lower...

21 minutes ago, vin said:

As both PDK, I’d probably go RS... while the GT3 has the better 4.0L, I like the extra visual boost that the rest of the RS goodies provide (in addition to their technical benefits). ie. carbon bonnet, magnesium roof, wider body, more aggressive wing, 21” rears etc.  Km’s are a concern but I reckon in 12 months when u r ready to buy a lot of the lower km examples we see now won’t have that many kms and have a fair chance of being around the same price if not lower...

Not sure about the technical benefits given the 991.2 GT3 has a faster ring time than the 991.1 RS

5 hours ago, Redracn said:

Not sure about the technical benefits given the 991.2 GT3 has a faster ring time than the 991.1 RS

True about the ring ...  but I wouldn’t sweat  those lap times as I’m not Kevin Estre or Marc Lieb nor care about bragging rights at the pub.  Just upgrade the .1 3RS rubber to the current stickier .2 3RS cup2 tires and I expect the difference to be negligible  on our local tracks.  Yet the visual differences would be much more noticeable and desired - at least to my eyes :)

3EEA4E65-4197-423D-9B0B-AF47384374BA.jpeg

Yep I feel that $200K is the price the .1's will sell at.  Especially this one with 40000 klms.  Too many people worried about the engine issue even with the 10 year warranty (which now has only 5 years remaining on this car).  I wonder what the trade in price is on these, $180,000 or less?