I think this car will just worth around 250k actually (from private sales point of view) 

Dealers are offering ~240K to owners, but they aren't dropping the sale price.  I had one dealer tell me that it was the private sellers keeping the price up, but that is not what I am seeing.

They aren't moving because enthusiasts want a manual. You've only got to watch the 997 market to see that, the premium on manuals is up there.

The dealers can hold the price up for only so long. Stripped out .2s will hit the market at $350k in a matter of months, 300+ for a .1 at that point will seem ridiculous, if it doesn't already.

Edited by sleazius

They aren't moving because enthusiasts want a manual. You've only got to watch the 997 market to see that, the premium on manuals is up there.

The dealers can hold the price up for only so long. Stripped out .2s will hit the market at $350k in a matter of months, 300+ for a .1 at that point will seem ridiculous, if it doesn't already.

I think you are partially right, as there is no alternative until the .2 hits the market I think the prices will stay artificially elevated.  The GT3 market is pretty resilient, albeit they aren't fast selling.

May also be the dud engine with its valve train issues and no connection to motorsport. That alone would be a dealbreaker for me even if the cost of an engine was factored in. 

There was a red 991.1 on car sales that I was watching that sold today in the $290's or less.  It was listed at $294 drive away.  Really sweet looking unit.  I wish it was in my garage right now.

Mate, I asked their manager, guess what, that car has been sit there for 3 month so they sold it to wholesaler. No one is stupid to take the car at this price. But nice spec to be honest. I like it and want to take it at 250k haha.

True story: I actually offered 250k to them and manager said it's lower than wholesale price then hang up, after few days it marked sold, I feel sad and call them again, another salesman pick up the phone and says it has been sold to wholesaler. I really want to ask that manager "Well mate, because you pissed off my offer so you sell it to wholesaler???" What a drama.

Mate, I asked their manager, guess what, that car has been sit there for 3 month so they sold it to wholesaler. No one is stupid to take the car at this price. But nice spec to be honest. I like it and want to take it at 250k haha.

True story: I actually offered 250k to them and manager said it's lower than wholesale price then hang up, after few days it marked sold, I feel sad and call them again, another salesman pick up the phone and says it has been sold to wholesaler. I really want to ask that manager "Well mate, because you pissed off my offer so you sell it to wholesaler???" What a drama.

I enquired about it too.  They were selling it on consignment along with a burgundy 991 Carrera, the same guy owned both and gave them the cars to sell on consignment.  He bought a Lamborghini from them.  $250 would have been a good wholesale price.

I was meant to go and look at it tomorrow, but pulled the pin last week as I couldn't get the numbers to marry up near their asking price.

I enquired about it too.  They were selling it on consignment along with a burgundy 991 Carrera, the same guy owned both and gave them the cars to sell on consignment.  He bought a Lamborghini from them.  $250 would have been a good wholesale price.

I was meant to go and look at it tomorrow, but pulled the pin last week as I couldn't get the numbers to marry up near their asking price.

The spec is nearly perfect I have to say, but I think the car still there? May take few days until departure to another wholesaler. What's the lowest offer they given to you? The manager refuse to talk to me since my "crazy" offer. At early post of this thread someone mentioned there is a G engine GT3 for sale from private only 269K and that's asking not final price. So GT3 price potentially rising up?? No private seller atm. I don't think any GT3 on carsales have G engine, F for most. Mel dealer even have E (bomb) engine white one.

If you are seriously in the market for a 991.1 GT3 I would hold off till early next year as sleazius said these are not going to be worth that asking price when the new 991.2 cars start arriving down under .....

Definitely, GT3 price rising up due to the Porsche announcement of 10 year warranty I think. Low price found in early post of this thread, so let it cooling down and dropping hard. If there is a G engine car, I may happy to pay 260k, but F engine... 250k?

The spec is nearly perfect I have to say, but I think the car still there? May take few days until departure to another wholesaler. What's the lowest offer they given to you? The manager refuse to talk to me since my "crazy" offer. At early post of this thread someone mentioned there is a G engine GT3 for sale from private only 269K and that's asking not final price. So GT3 price potentially rising up?? No private seller atm. I don't think any GT3 on carsales have G engine, F for most. Mel dealer even have E (bomb) engine white one.

Definitely, GT3 price rising up due to the Porsche announcement of 10 year warranty I think. Low price found in early post of this thread, so let it cooling down and dropping hard. If there is a G engine car, I may happy to pay 260k, but F engine... 250k?

I never got that far, it was a bit disappointing really.  When I told the guy that I couldn't get the numbers to add up he didn't probe to see if a deal could be done, he just let me walk.  So it is no wonder they didn't sell it.  Maybe when dealing with Lambos they only deal with guys who pay the asking price?

The biggest let down for the car was the seats, if it had folding buckets I would say it would be more desirable and sold.

I never got that far, it was a bit disappointing really.  When I told the guy that I couldn't get the numbers to add up he didn't probe to see if a deal could be done, he just let me walk.  So it is no wonder they didn't sell it.  Maybe when dealing with Lambos they only deal with guys who pay the asking price?

The biggest let down for the car was the seats, if it had folding buckets I would say it would be more desirable and sold.

Haha, same. The worst car sales I never met. He didn't even want to offer the price and refuse to talk. WTF?? Totally agreed, may be he was selling to much Lambo 

Well to me, 4 way seat should be OK, it makes GT3 a wife happy car.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, same. The worst car sales I never met. He didn't even want to offer the price and refuse to talk. WTF?? Totally agreed, may be he was selling to much Lambo 

Well to me, 4 way seat should be OK, it makes GT3 a wife happy car.

I see the car just got listed at Nick Theodossi in Melbourne, $299+ ORC.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2015/OAG-AD-15286110/?Cr=0

Edited by NBTBRV8

You can't knock them for trying on the asking price.

What makes you say that about the one a Gulson?

They will find out it's too hard to sell...

Actually, I have asked ACT dealer regarding the car, they offer me 290K on that car after few days. As they already lower the bar themselves, then it's not hard to negotiate to 280k I believe. But that will be the bottom line for now.

They will find out it's too hard to sell...

Actually, I have asked ACT dealer regarding the car, they offer me 290K on that car after few days. As they already lower the bar themselves, then it's not hard to negotiate to 280k I believe. But that will be the bottom line for now.

I reckon $260K would be the upper end of its wholesale value, which puts it in perspective.

I was in Melbourne yesterday so I went to all three dealers for a look to see what they had.  Brighton had sold both RS' last week and their white turbo S, so they'd had a good couple of weeks.

The grey GT3 wasn't at Doncaster from what I could see.  The white one there shows signs of poor panel fit on the front right hand guard, up near the bonnet hinge and down the door line.  I didn't look too closely at it, but you'd want to have a good look for history.

The blue one at Melbourne looks to have had it's front bumper resprayed, as you could see it was a different shade to the rest of the car.

• 3 weeks later...