The last 991.1 was a white CS with about 21,000klm (or was it 28,000klms) that was up for maybe 2 weeks - last price i remember seeing was 289k.  The silver at 299k just before that. Amazing prices (not it a good way if you don't have one!). Really hope a 2x,xxxklm clubsport gets down to 250k in the next year or so. Doesn't seem entirely likely though at this stage.  

On 16/02/2022 at 15:50, wilson59 said:

That is a staggering price . No 991.1 currently on the market 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2019-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my19/OAG-AD-20535339/?Cr=10

Fark off.  That’s almost 200k more than I paid for a 991.2 GT3 Clubsport just last year…very similar spec, same kms.

ridiculous.  Now let’s see if some idiot buys it 🍿🍿

47 minutes ago, DJM said:

Fark off.  That’s almost 200k more than I paid for a 991.2 GT3 Clubsport just last year…very similar spec, same kms.

you'd think it a 992 GT3RS....not a three year old car thats superseded!!!

1 hour ago, spiller said:

Those are some expensive double wishbones.

The whole GT3 market (and other of course) is hard to believe given the pricing of things only a few years ago; safe to say the peak has past though, gone until the next debt fuelled cycle. In the meantime wishbones are on the new menu. 😁

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/02/2022 at 19:07, NBTBRV8 said:

Ex damaged black car back up for sale at a new vendor.  They did a good job with the repair to keep the compliance and build date stickers.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-911-gt3-991-manual-my18/OAG-AD-20510799

Now in Perth.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-gt3-991-manual-my18/OAG-AD-20572175

On 19/02/2022 at 16:55, DJM said:

Yeh the seller really is having a laugh it is $100k more than any other 991.2 GT3 on the market , a little extra coin and you can have an RS ...??

I couldnt see a discussion on this ...  I was hunting for a birthday present , I didnt find bitcoins or gold coins in my birthday cake .. but the colour grabs me , whats your views on the pricing?

Its outta my reach but wondered on you watches of these fine things your views...  I woulda been buying back into the 997 arena but they definitely aint worth their inflated dosh, in my view , although one of my favourite cars ever.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-gt3-991-manual-my18/SSE-AD-12387854/?Cr=86

12 minutes ago, symsy said:

I couldnt see a discussion on this ...  I was hunting for a birthday present , I didnt find bitcoins or gold coins in my birthday cake .. but the colour grabs me , whats your views on the pricing?

Its outta my reach but wondered on you watches of these fine things your views...  I woulda been buying back into the 997 arena but they definitely aint worth their inflated dosh, in my view , although one of my favourite cars ever.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-gt3-991-manual-my18/SSE-AD-12387854/?Cr=86

I personally wouldn't buy it as it is a track rat, you'd definitely want to do a PPI and check for over revs.

IMHO it is $50k over what it should be asking for.

17 minutes ago, symsy said:

Worth trying to pick up an RS at the 400+ mark. 

Can someone also enlighten me as to how much lighter carbon fibre is compared to plastic? Seems like such a naff interior optional 'upgrade', especially since most GT3's I've seen have it. 

27 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I personally wouldn't buy it as it is a track rat, you'd definitely want to do a PPI and check for over revs.

IMHO it is $50k over what it should be asking for.

Im gonna get technical I just like the colour .. let me ask a technical question , when did the legacy engine change come 2018?  Is this the Gen2 official ?

Im glad its over priced .. that leaves me a 100 short ;) 

1 minute ago, symsy said:

Im gonna get technical I just like the colour .. let me ask a technical question , when did the legacy engine change come 2018?  Is this the Gen2 official ?

Im glad its over priced .. that leaves me a 100 short ;) 

All 991.2 cars have the better engine, so 2017.

23 minutes ago, hugh said:

Can someone also enlighten me as to how much lighter carbon fibre is compared to plastic? Seems like such a naff interior optional 'upgrade', especially since most GT3's I've seen have it. 

A few grams either way and it really doesn't matter, the carbon just looks better so that is while people buy it and why Porsche can charge more for it.

2 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

A few grams either way and it really doesn't matter, the carbon just looks better so that is while people buy it and why Porsche can charge more for it.

That's the thing, ironically, my view is it actually cheapens the look of the interior. Just cheap plastic made to look like expensive plastic (if there is such a thing), that is expensive because it's 'light' but isn't any lighter than the plastic parts it's replacing.....................belongs in the Supercheap Auto special/rejects bin. 

Just now, hugh said:

That's the thing, ironically, my view is it actually cheapens the look of the interior. Just cheap plastic made to look like expensive plastic (if there is such a thing), that is expensive because it's 'light' but isn't any lighter than the plastic parts it's replacing.....................belongs in the Supercheap Auto special/rejects bin. 

Each to their own then, but as carbon is a cost option and the majority have it, then the market has decided it is worth the cost asethically.  I agree that the carbon can get a bit common/boring but plastic is just terrible.  A bit like speccing one without leather.