• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Recognise that trim anywhere!  I had planned to swap it out for carbon but when the car got delivered, I actually decided to keep it, it’s fine in the flesh, in fact I quite liked it.

8 hours ago, mc968cs said:

I like it - at $300k….🤪

I know people play their cards close but……I’m a caring sharing kinda guy and I think the info is helpful for others.  So….

Bought it privately $291k March 2021, roughly 4,000km on it then. 

Quick and simple sale into the Porsche network (PCM) via their app for $320k in July 2021.  Couldn’t be bothered trying to sell privately.

Certainly wasn’t intending to flip it.  I just found it too risky to enjoy on road and decided to move on before I ended up in jail.  And given Vic stamp duty, I essentially covered my costs.  The car went to PCSS and was listed at $339k and sold quite quickly.

Now $380k so that’s $90k uplift in 16 months albeit I bought VERY well (got lucky) via a PFA private deal.

delivery day 😍

EFCCE4CC-EFFE-4342-A65A-CC91B0915FCF.jpeg

Beauty and the beast on the way to Winton

F1B9A850-BF16-4610-AB0F-778FB117EE95.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts on these? Or does anyone know the cars? 

Same MY, similar km's, both factory warranty only one vanilla, one RS... 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-20596322/?Cr=0 

bc9qhaqjh39gj4tl06tkk4xxh.jpg?pxc_method

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/SSE-AD-13012265/?Cr=0 

d5h6w4vxryq5liy9tnidn6ba8.jpg?pxc_method

4 hours ago, edgy said:

Any thoughts on these? Or does anyone know the cars? 

Same MY, similar km's, both factory warranty only one vanilla, one RS... 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-20596322/?Cr=0 

bc9qhaqjh39gj4tl06tkk4xxh.jpg?pxc_method

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/SSE-AD-13012265/?Cr=0 

d5h6w4vxryq5liy9tnidn6ba8.jpg?pxc_method

Getting ready for the slippery slope K??? 😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, GC9911 said:

Isn't RS is the safer bet as it has well sorted engine unlike .1s. Unless your preference is rare colour option. !

And please don't drag me along your slippery slope. 😂

1 minute ago, DM911 said:

Isn't RS is the safer bet as it has well sorted engine unlike .1s. Unless your preference is rare colour option. !

And please don't drag me along your slippery slope. 😂

991.1 RS engines unfortunately aren't immune from the non RS engine issues. I've seen enough still suffer the same fate. 

53 minutes ago, GC9911 said:

Slippery slope, meet snowball 😎

53 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

There is no way these cars are worth the current prices.

In lieu of time machine, what is a transaction price you think for each?  

2 hours ago, edgy said:

Mate you remember how low these got prior to covid (non-rs). Keep your powder dry or if you can’t do that find a 991.2 that fits the bill.

Plus, if it ain’t Cadbury, I ain’t interested :cool07:

5 hours ago, sleazius said:

Mate you remember how low these got prior to covid (non-rs). Keep your powder dry or if you can’t do that find a 991.2 that fits the bill.

What was the low water mark?

March 2021, 991.2 GT3s including mine were being bought from just under to just over 300k.  I think that’s the lowest I saw (ads bottomed around 320k?).  Ads have jumped to 360-370k and manuals higher again.  I assume now like back then you might negotiate -$20k from a motivated seller.

I really wanted a .2 RS and I had a red one I almost bought at just under 400k (ad $420k from memory).  I struggled to cop the $100k hit so I ended up buying the non RS.  RS ads have now jumped to 470k+ so at a guess perhaps 450k?

8 hours ago, hugh said:

991.1 RS engines unfortunately aren't immune from the non RS engine issues. I've seen enough still suffer the same fate. 

.1 prices continue to blow my mind both RS and non RS.  I can’t fathom who’s buying a 2014 over 2018 to save $20-30k…….?  That’s a tight gap even without considering the engine issue.  And that 10 year engine warranty is steadily ticking down to zero 💣 

As for .1 RS I reckon $360k was the lowest I saw advertised so perhaps changing hands just under that.  They all now seem to be $400k+.  I know of a 991.1 RS acquired very late last year just under $400k.  

I have to confess I have NFI where the market is headed, covid has just been a bizarre story of crazy escalation when I thought the opposite would happen.  So who knows from here.

2 hours ago, DJM said:

What was the low water mark?

March 2021, 991.2 GT3s including mine were being bought from just under to just over 300k.  I think that’s the lowest I saw (ads bottomed around 320k?).  Ads have jumped to 360-370k and manuals higher again.  I assume now like back then you might negotiate -$20k from a motivated seller.

I really wanted a .2 RS and I had a red one I almost bought at just under 400k (ad $420k from memory).  I struggled to cop the $100k hit so I ended up buying the non RS.  RS ads have now jumped to 470k+ so at a guess perhaps 450k?

.1 prices continue to blow my mind both RS and non RS.  I can’t fathom who’s buying a 2014 over 2018 to save $20-30k…….?  That’s a tight gap even without considering the engine issue.  And that 10 year engine warranty is steadily ticking down to zero 💣 

As for .1 RS I reckon $360k was the lowest I saw advertised so perhaps changing hands just under that.  They all now seem to be $400k+.  I know of a 991.1 RS acquired very late last year just under $400k.  

I have to confess I have NFI where the market is headed, covid has just been a bizarre story of crazy escalation when I thought the opposite would happen.  So who knows from here.

I remember seeing  the 991.1 RS priced in the low $300 K same as the 991.2 GT3 . I choose the 991.2 for the better motor .

I bought my 5000 km 991.2 GT3 for $290 K around that time . 

14 hours ago, hugh said:

Not being a 991 GT3 guy I'm wondering what these issues are?

1 minute ago, Joz said:

That's scary, anything in particular?

In a nutshell the cam doesn't get enough oil lubrication and wears through the case hardening causing the timing to get out and then they start to detonate throwing fault codes.

13 hours ago, edgy said:

I can't really answer that as I have been spoilt and burnt with pre-pandemic pricing which has formed my opinion.  I believe both models are $100k over priced in my eyes, but in the current market good buying might be $50-60k less than the current asking, but no seller is going to come at that.

Just now, Joz said:

Ok, obviously not repair/ changeover like the ol' 996 IMS before it detonates?

Damn, don't want to be without a chair when the music stops with that one.

Porsche addressed it but increasing the oil pressure and increasing the anti wear coatings on the moving timing gear and offered the 10 year motor warranty, but the cars can be kept on the extended warranty for up to 15 years.  The G6 motors have shown to be pretty reliable so far, but the damage to their reputation has been done.  They are still a good car.