On 21/07/2022 at 13:49, sleazius said:

Agreed. The GTS is the high water mark for the road cars imo. The 991 with the NA 3.8 would do me. I'd love to buy one to daily till the wheels fall off. Its not like we'll ever see a car like that again.

Couldn't  agree more. Its a perfect all rounder.  Noise around 6-7k RPM is as good as GT3. !

18 hours ago, DJM said:

Or a 981 GT4 with same engine?

Its a difficult choice Doug. !  my experience with GT4s was only for a day (718 gt4).  What I can say is that its very hard to keep up with them around the corners.

• 1 month later...

The Touring is nice car but with a bit of an odd quite basic spec.

It's got the 997 style folding buckets rather than the fixed lightweight buckets which I think you need in order to get the right seating relationship with the manual stick because the fixed lightweight buckets have electric height adjust. When I got my 991.2 Touring in Europe, you could not even spec these folding buckets, so its odd that you could get them in Australia.

It also does not have the extended leather option with contrast stitching which I reckon probably 99% Tourings were speced with.

13 hours ago, WGA said:

The Touring is nice car but with a bit of an odd quite basic spec.

It's got the 997 style folding buckets rather than the fixed lightweight buckets which I think you need in order to get the right seating relationship with the manual stick because the fixed lightweight buckets have electric height adjust. When I got my 991.2 Touring in Europe, you could not even spec these folding buckets, so its odd that you could get them in Australia.

It also does not have the extended leather option with contrast stitching which I reckon probably 99% Tourings were speced with.

disagree with the seats, the folding buckets are more comfortable for me and in my eyes they look better.  Plus it makes it much easier to get stuff in and out of the back.  I would never spec the fixed given the option.

Leather should be mandatory on a spec IMHO without it is a track rat.

1 hour ago, GusTV said:

This 18 number keeps getting quoted (I think cause it was once used in a carsales ad) - but I think there are significantly more than that.

You could be right however significantly more is unlikely this is also reflected in the 992 touring deliveries to date.

it would be great to understand AUS  delivered numbers of the GT Cars why are they being shared? 

Whereas the opposite side of the price search shows that finally the frothy pricing is going away a little.  This one's been for sale for over a month I think. Or maybe because I keep looking every day at it.....

And yeah, I know it's a 3.8L 991.1 with 2 more years of engine warranty.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2014-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my15/OAG-AD-20783931/?Cr=0

1 hour ago, SS 3 said:

You could be right however significantly more is unlikely this is also reflected in the 992 touring deliveries to date.

it would be great to understand AUS  delivered numbers of the GT Cars why are they being shared? 

There was the suggestion of 25 of the special Australian Edition coming of the 992 Touring - so I guess that could be starting number for that model. They bought in 29 911 R's to Australia. My guess would be somewhere in the 50-75 for 991 GT3 Touring? I'm sure someone can get the Oz delivery numbers out of Porsche!

12 minutes ago, GusTV said:

I'm sure someone can get the Oz delivery numbers out of Porsche!

Good luck. I think they've worked out that exclusivity only works if you hide the delivery numbers of the top models because they petition the factory to only deliver those for the extra profit it generates.

37 minutes ago, HWY said:

Whereas the opposite side of the price search shows that finally the frothy pricing is going away a little.  This one's been for sale for over a month I think. Or maybe because I keep looking every day at it.....

And yeah, I know it's a 3.8L 991.1 with 2 more years of engine warranty.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2014-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my15/OAG-AD-20783931/?Cr=0

Is it just the light or does that bumper not even come close to matching the rest of the car…?

3 minutes ago, HWY said:

Motorline BMW/ Mini- surely they wouldn't be dodgy brothers on an expensive car.  Maybe faded PPF?

But nothing gets past you fellas.

Wishful thinking.  They aren't going to respray a car that has come in if it was done before.  More than likely the DP owns it, they sold a GT4 or some other top end Porsche in the last 12 months I recall.

On 01/09/2022 at 09:27, NBTBRV8 said:

disagree with the seats, the folding buckets are more comfortable for me and in my eyes they look better.  Plus it makes it much easier to get stuff in and out of the back.  I would never spec the fixed given the option.

Leather should be mandatory on a spec IMHO without it is a track rat.

I'm the complete opposite. Wouldn't buy one without fixed seats. If I need to get something in the back I'll drive one of my other cars.

NVM, looks like you might be talking about touring spec cars. I don't get touring spec, makes no sense to me. Just buy a different car.

A mate just got a nice PTS 992 GT3. He did comfort seats as they don’t do a folding bucket anymore. He uses the rear area for stowing things on trips away etc. and without the folding seats it’s a bit hard. Would be great if they made the folding buckets an option again. As an example we put two sets of skis in the rear area recently. 

10 minutes ago, the_sovereign_man said:

I'm the complete opposite. Wouldn't buy one without fixed seats. If I need to get something in the back I'll drive one of my other cars.

NVM, looks like you might be talking about touring spec cars. I don't get touring spec, makes no sense to me. Just buy a different car.

I would take fixed over 18 way comfort because it suits the character of the car better and resale is better.  But I find the fixed give be shoulder ache after 30 minutes or so, whereas the folding buckets I can sit in all day without issue.

It is a shame they don't have them as an option any more.

23 hours ago, GusTV said:

There was the suggestion of 25 of the special Australian Edition coming of the 992 Touring - so I guess that could be starting number for that model. They bought in 29 911 R's to Australia. My guess would be somewhere in the 50-75 for 991 GT3 Touring? I'm sure someone can get the Oz delivery numbers out of Porsche!

C23 ~ Australia ~ received 40 x 911R's

23 x white

10 x GT Silver

3 x Black

4 x PTS

....and I'd suggest a lot more 991 Tourings than just 18