7 hours ago, sleazius said:

Just FYI, the 918 buckets on the 991.2 were a $13k+ option. No options spec was $356k drive away.

On another note I just got back from europe having driven a brand new GTS targa for 5 days (I might be a convert, top down was nice). It had PDK.

I really didn't like 2 things. PDK whilst super fast just wasn't fun at all - and I was doing mountain passes. It couldn't make you feel more detached if it tried. It would be great on the track though.

But my god, the fake bullshit exhaust note. Snap crackle pop. It was just so over the top ridiculous it wasn't funny, and not in a good way. Please please please Porsche give us hybrid GT cars, not turbo. Atrocious. I was well and truely sick of the 'noise' by the time we gave the car back.

Whilst I liked the targa experience, and the car undeniably felt like a 911 to drive, if that style of engine / exhaust / gearbox setup is the future of GT cars, I'm out.

I also drove one, the 991.2 GTS isn't a GT3 that's for sure. Not by a long shot.

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

I also drove one, the 991.2 GTS isn't a GT3 that's for sure. Not by a long shot.

That's why I can't come to grips with a used GTS pricing of the .1 at least, being the same as a .1 GT3.  If they were $30k cheaper, then sure.

10 hours ago, GRK930 said:

My Gt3 is a stripper. I don’t long for any options that haven’t been ticked tbh. 

I daily my Porsches, so my ideal spec will be as close to this as possible:

Colour is subjective,  but in no particular order,  Black, dark blue or red.  May consider silver or  grey, but definitely not white or yellow. 

LED headlights, or at least headlights in black.

Auto dimming mirrors

PCCB

Silver wheels

Carbon folding seats

Red seat belts depending upon colour of car.

Homelink

Seat heating 

Smoking pack

Floor mats

Leather interior

Sound package plus

Mobile phone prep

Carbon interior trim, but may settle for brushed aluminium. 

On 10/10/2018 at 11:23 PM, GRK930 said:

FYI guys, trade on some of these 991 gt3’s are in the very low $200k’s. I passed on a white one for $220k. They are dropping. If you’re patient, you will pick up a bargain. Once they sit on the lot for 90 days, the dealers start sweating. 

Wow generally speaking thats a good 65-70K wholesale drop in 12 months (25%) unheard of outside of a recession ? and the share market and property prices have just started to fall!!

Whats the next move I wonder ??!

Fundamentals will prevail

The models that are rare, the well regarded ones, the ones with an impeccable history will hold well and recover better??

On 12 October 2018 at 8:05 AM, Scott SS964 said:

Wow generally speaking thats a good 65-70K wholesale drop in 12 months (25%) unheard of outside of a recession ? and the share market and property prices have just started to fall!!

Whats the next move I wonder ??!

Fundamentals will prevail

The models that are rare, the well regarded ones, the ones with an impeccable history will hold well and recover better??

Dont you worry you will be glad to have kept that 997 and you can have a third car a 991.1 in your garage for the same money as you would have spent on a .2  

On 10/12/2018 at 7:42 AM, NBTBRV8 said:

That's why I can't come to grips with a used GTS pricing of the .1 at least, being the same as a .1 GT3.  If they were $30k cheaper, then sure.

I daily my Porsches, so my ideal spec will be as close to this as possible:

Colour is subjective,  but in no particular order,  Black, dark blue or red.  May consider silver or  grey, but definitely not white or yellow. 

LED headlights, or at least headlights in black.

Auto dimming mirrors

PCCB

Silver wheels

Carbon folding seats

Red seat belts depending upon colour of car.

Homelink

Seat heating 

Smoking pack

Floor mats

Leather interior

Sound package plus

Mobile phone prep

Carbon interior trim, but may settle for brushed aluminium. 

That’s a unicorn ? spec right there, the only one I’ve seen close or better is @itsujack 991.2 touring, man that thing has all the fruit. 

I know of one car with a spec very close to that.   So by the nature of used cars I don't expect to find a car with all of that, but a combination of a least a few of those is ideally what I am looking for. 

I see the number of MKIIs on the market is growing,  but they are still a long way of pushing MKI prices down.

Mine has about half of it, and a bunch of other stuff you didn't spec. I'm glad I didn't go the bose though, if you get on it its not like you can enjoy the sound system.

I guess it depends if you're going track spec or road spec (or a combo). The LED headlights add about 15kg for example. Not a good track option. Awesome on country roads at night though.

4 hours ago, edgy said:

That’s a unicorn ? spec right there, the only one I’ve seen close or better is @itsujack 991.2 touring, man that thing has all the fruit. 

Thanks mate. I'm missing it lately, too much time in the office... Here's my spec:

Black Exterior

Black Touring Package

Black Wheels

Black LED Headlights

Black Full Leather (are we seeing a pattern here ?)

PCCB

Folding Carbon Buckets

Sport Chrono

Reversing Camera

Auto Dimming Mirrors

Sunvisors in Alcantara

Homelink

Smoking Package

Floor Mats

(and now a BBI Centre Bypass, I think it might be a bit loud though ?

@NBTBRV8 Unfortunately you can't spec seat heating with the folding buckets. Car comes standard with Apple CarPlay, not sure what the mobile phone prep is? I'm no audiophile so just my opinion but the standard sound system I think is great, glad I didn't tick any stereo upgrade boxes. Good luck in the hunt!

2 minutes ago, itsujack said:

Thanks mate. I'm missing it lately, too much time in the office... Here's my spec:

Black Exterior

Black Touring Package

Black Wheels

Black LED Headlights

Black Full Leather (are we seeing a pattern here ?)

PCCB

Folding Carbon Buckets

Sport Chrono

Reversing Camera

Auto Dimming Mirrors

Sunvisors in Alcantara

Homelink

Smoking Package

Floor Mats

(and now a BBI Centre Bypass, I think it might be a bit loud though ?

@NBTBRV8 Unfortunately you can't spec seat heating with the folding buckets. Car comes standard with Apple CarPlay, not sure what the mobile phone prep is? I'm no audiophile so just my opinion but the standard sound system I think is great, glad I didn't tick any stereo upgrade boxes. Good luck in the hunt!

You can spec seat heating with folding buckets, you can't with fixed 918 style.

Apple carplay is on the MKII, not MKI we are discussing. 

Mobile phone prep is Bluetooth.

I would tick Bose too.

Here is a good example of a well speced car, I was offered it before the owner traded it on a 2RS:

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2015/OAG-AD-16506127

2 hours ago, sleazius said:

Mine has about half of it, and a bunch of other stuff you didn't spec. I'm glad I didn't go the bose though, if you get on it its not like you can enjoy the sound system.

I guess it depends if you're going track spec or road spec (or a combo). The LED headlights add about 15kg for example. Not a good track option. Awesome on country roads at night though.

Not 15kg.  You get an extra set of projectors and control modules.  3-4kgs, Yes, not 15.

1 hour ago, itsujack said:

Thanks mate. I'm missing it lately, too much time in the office... 

I’ve been a bad owner too, but I am heading out for a final super sprint this year next weekend... I’m back home for the foreseeable future so we need to catch up, do a drive or at least go drink some fancy juice ? mate. ?

1 hour ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Right you are, it wasn't on my radar as I was leaning towards fixed buckets and only changed to folding last minute.

19 minutes ago, edgy said:

I’ve been a bad owner too, but I am heading out for a final super sprint this year next weekend... I’m back home for the foreseeable future so we need to catch up, do a drive or at least go drink some fancy juice ? mate. ?

Sounds good mate, I should be up for a run late this month. Enjoy SS!

3 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Apple carplay is on the MKII, not MKI we are discussing. 

Mobile phone prep is Bluetooth.

I would tick Bose too.

Here is a good example of a well speced car, I was offered it before the owner traded it on a 2RS:

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2015/OAG-AD-16506127

Not 15kg.  You get an extra set of projectors and control modules.  3-4kgs, Yes, not 15.

I'm talking mk2, and the weight difference was 35lbs according to rennlist. It didn't stop me from speccing it either way.

What's the mail on 991.1 GT3 RS vs 991.2 GT3 CS.  Similar money at the moment.  Both 500hp?  RS has a few special bits of carbon etc but rare it ain't (18 currently on market!). Thoughts?

id only be a buyer in the low 2s which Is unlikely for either so it's a moot point but indulge me.

2 minutes ago, DJM said:

What's the mail on 991.1 GT3 RS vs 991.2 GT3 CS.  Similar money at the moment.  Both 500hp?  RS has a few special bits of carbon etc but rare it ain't (18 currently on market!). Thoughts?

id only be a buyer in the low 2s which Is unlikely for either so it's a moot point but indulge me.

Based on the engine alone and the higher RPM limit the .2 has to be the better deal. The .2 faster Ring time is just cream on top. 

19 minutes ago, DJM said:

2 or 3 pedals is the question! 

19 minutes ago, DJM said:

.2 has the upgraded heads, with better oil supply to the cams and followers and doesn’t rely so heavily on magic coatings to stop things wearing out

8 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

.2 has the upgraded heads, with better oil supply to the cams and followers and doesn’t rely so heavily on magic coatings to stop things wearing out

Not just better oil supply but solid lifters as used in proper race engines.

Also the cranks motorsport derived oil feed. 

Bottom line is better lubrication at around half the oil flow rate. 

17 hours ago, Redracn said:

Not just better oil supply but solid lifters as used in proper race engines.

Also the cranks motorsport derived oil feed. 

Bottom line is better lubrication at around half the oil flow rate. 

I was being polite

1 minute ago, edgy said:

Well done mate!

I got offered an MY 15 Clubsport on the weekend, I am really fighting myself not to do it... ?

Obviously not on the open market?

For me it came down to Brighton's black car which they gave me a good offer on and it was cheaper,  but the red car ended up being better value for money for me longer term.