This is a pretty strong precedent being set here, the 991.1 GT3 it seems is going to suffer value wise due to its engine issues and perhaps lack of a manual transmission option.

Such a great spec, I would have come to market in the mid 2's if it were mine, It begs the question what are Porsche offering in the trade for these. 

8 hours ago, reggiegums said:

Thats the bees knees. Best value 911 now is the 991 GT3.

On 25/11/2018 at 18:50, spiller said:

Houses deflate another 10-15% in Sydney (which they will) and you'll see sub $200k 991.1 being listed. The posers are going to start feeling the pinch soon when the bank picks up the phone.

Can I place my order now?

Jaffa or Kermit 997.1 RS please, $200k.

Cheers. :Chuckle2:

I think you need to put things in context, the Agate Clubsport has quite high km's and has been tracked, so I don't think its fair to say ALL equivalently specced 991.1 should be similar money. This example is just an exception more or less, so I still think a low mile car will bring mid 200's (for now)... What you have, is a realistic owner, who has priced it accordingly, and knowing him, if the enquiries are all the low balling types offering silly money, the car will just go to trade in as its only being moved to make way for a Gen 2 car. 

It is a really nice example, well cared for mechanically and cosmetically, so if you want one for a song, and most importantly, one to drive, this is it! A gentleman owner for sure. 

12 minutes ago, edgy said:

I think you need to put things in context, the Agate Clubsport has quite high km's and has been tracked, so I don't think its fair to say ALL equivalently specced 991.1 should be similar money. This example is just an exception more or less, so I still think a low mile car will bring mid 200's (for now)... What you have, is a realistic owner, who has priced it accordingly, and knowing him, if the enquiries are all the low balling types offering silly money, the car will just go to trade in as its only being moved to make way for a Gen 2 car. 

It is a really nice example, well cared for mechanically and cosmetically, so if you want one for a song, and most importantly, one to drive, this is it! A gentleman owner for sure. 

I hear what you say however if he is not trading and buying the .2 privately then the trade/ wholesale will no doubt be sub $200's i'd be guessing; regardless he is setting a precedent for the 991.1 owners..... unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

I hear what you say however if he is not trading and buying the .2 privately then the trade/ wholesale will no doubt be sub $200's i'd be guessing; regardless he is setting a precedent for the 991.1 owners..... unfortunately.

Or he is an aberration. 

I have no doubt. 1 prices are falling, even in the 6 weeks I bought mine,  but so are .2 prices as we have discussed.   Plus there are personal circumstances,  he might have a good deal pending on something and needs to move it quickly but doesn't want to trade in.

So while it is a snapshot of the market, it is no more than that.

On 11 December 2018 at 20:45, Lucky Phil said:

Whatever it is I like that red one for $339K.

@DJM you interested in buying a block of land.😁😁

hmm market deflating so we're watching and waiting at the moment.  But I'm happy to consider if it will help you to fund a 991 GT3 😂 Keeping it on topic 😂

PM me.

20 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

I agree the value seems to be dropping and will soon be near the $200K mark.  Here is the Red Book price on a traded 991.2

https://www.redbook.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my18/SPOT-ITM-487216/

Wow as low as $250k trade in on a 991.2.........anyone looking to wholesale one?  I can get my dodgy silk shirt and gold chains out and pretend to be a dealer for a day 😂.   It's a bit like solar panels now......never a good time to  buy because they'll always be cheaper tomorrow.

The .2s seem to be moving down in price almost as quickly as the .1s.  All this talk of engine doom and gloom in the .1 you'd think would see .2 holding up.  I suppose in a deflating property and stock market and tightening credit the discretionary 3rd car/toy is the first asset to be offloaded to mitigate risk.  But if that's the driver, then all exotics and Supercars would also be declining.  Not sure if that's happening too?

On 13 December 2018 at 20:39, edgy said:

Yup, know the car... good car and owner! Was tempted... 

@DJM this is the one to buy mate, it’s the car we discussed 

I've not been able to pull the GT3 trigger.  the track cars I've most enjoyed have always been 1000kg ish or lesswith HP/tonne way up there.  my concern with GT3, too bloody efficient, too much grip and it will get boring.  The GT4 was an amazing car but.......about a third of the thrills of my $25k RX7.  The old adage of a slow car driven fast kills fast car slow for enjoyment.

the guy I sold my RX7 to just messaged me that he stuck an Albins gear set in it and it's now reliable and he won Adelaide Festival outright in it??  Giant killer, I miss the old girl.......that thing ate GT3s and 997 TTs  for breakfast.  I'm on the hunt for something equivalent.  Well that's where my head is at this week anyway......

34 minutes ago, DJM said:

the guy I sold my RX7 to just messaged me that he stuck an Albins gear set in it and it's now reliable and he won Adelaide Festival outright in it??  Giant killer, I miss the old girl.......that thing ate GT3s and 997 TTs  for breakfast.  I'm on the hunt for something equivalent.  Well that's where my head is at this week anyway......

Nick Beck by any chance? 

5 hours ago, DJM said:

I've not been able to pull the GT3 trigger.  the track cars I've most enjoyed have always been 1000kg ish or lesswith HP/tonne way up there.  my concern with GT3, too bloody efficient, too much grip and it will get boring.  

Hmmm perhaps N/A engines are just not your thing @DJMDoug - I would encourage you to track a 997 GT3 with the traction control off if you want some thrills or a 996 GT3 for that matter. Maybe you just need an V8 Elfin Clubman at 925kgs and 350+HP😁😳

I did track a 991.1 GT3 for 10 odd laps once and it was the fastest i'd ever driven; the newer cars are easier to drive fast which probably translates to that boring feeling you talk of.

1 hour ago, Scott SS964 said:

Hmmm perhaps N/A engines are just not your thing @DJMDoug - I would encourage you to track a 997 GT3 with the traction control off if you want some thrills or a 996 GT3 for that matter. Maybe you just need an V8 Elfin Clubman at 925kgs and 350+HP😁😳

I did track a 991.1 GT3 for 10 odd laps once and it was the fastest i'd ever driven; the newer cars are easier to drive fast which probably translates to that boring feeling you talk of.

I had a Westfield 620kg/240hp and it was quicker than an 850kg V8 Elfin which had the 300kW engine  upgrade.  Terrible out of sync sound......

I was backing off at the noise  meter on the main straight 😄

this does look tasty.......too nice to ruin on track. I'd buy it if I drank coffee 😂

2017 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Auto MY18

d6mmwlbj46jmro895tur681hr.jpg?aspect=FitWithinNoPad&width=480

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-Porsche-911-GT3-991-Auto-MY18/SSE-AD-5805199

I’ll take a 991.2 for $250k. Today. 

The market is reflecting what what is happening in car circles. In my opinion, GT cars as a whole are not as ‘special’ as they used to be. There’s a lot of them. Look at 991 RS’s as opposed to ‘normal’ GT3’s for example. I said 6 months ago that 991.1’s were dropping to 997 prices privately. They have now gone under 997.2 pricing and are at 997.1 levels. 

As much as I believe a 991 Gt3 is better than my 997 in so many ways, I think I’ll be hanging on a bit longer. 

23 hours ago, GRK930 said:

I’ll take a 991.2 for $250k. Today. 

Me too 😁

The market is reflecting what what is happening in car circles. In my opinion, GT cars as a whole are not as ‘special’ as they used to be. There’s a lot of them. Look at 991 RS’s as opposed to ‘normal’ GT3’s for example. 

You maybe right; they are still amazing machines though!! As discussed previously 991.1 production numbers have more than doubled compared to the 997.2. As for the number of 991.1 RS's produced ........huge in comparison to other generations...... 

As much as I believe a 991 Gt3 is better than my 997 in so many ways, I think I’ll be hanging on a bit longer. 

I love the 997 as well but I do remind myself from time to time that the the 991.1 GT3 is a such a fast capable car; on the track its incrementally better than the 997, its also a better daily as well.

At the end of the day for me Its that engine issue that makes it so hard to consider owning the 991.1 GT3. See for me I look at the GT3 as the pinnacle in the Porsche range the one that defines Porsche at that point in time it's the motorsport homologation car the ultimate expression of performance and handling. I just can't view this car in the same light as others that have gone before it. I am sure others feel the same way and as we have just experienced, it has only taken the new model to come out where by people have a choice in the market that their values (991.1) have suffered terribly up to 30% in 12 months!  

The question here is can Porsche do anymore to support 991.1 owners. (maybe this is the start of another thread and deservedly so)  If I were an owner I would support a specific thread that educates all on the history of the 991.1 GT3 the engine issues the updated warranty etc. .......