On 21 June 2017 at 14:01, edgy said:

Well I am not in the market for it, but its an interesting one to watch right now! 991.1 GT3 is now starting to hit the market with price tags that begin with a 2. 

i.e. 

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=OAG-AD-13752859&Cr=6 

47f504012c41c965384b8d286ff7f6cb.jpg?hei

$299k drive away in NSW

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-4705738&Cr=10 

cp5602456751970180216.jpg?height=290&asp

$275k in VIC, late build/delivery car with the engine issue fixed from new

SO, how far prices will tumble, will no doubt be relative to how well the 991.2 is received, which is going to be good I am guessing. 

I am sure at some point there may even be pricing overlap between 997 GT3 and 991.1 GT3 

So who is tempted??? :D 

So since edgy started this thread just over 2 years ago, 991.1s have fallen a long way to low 2s and 991.2s are creeping into the 2s matching prices that 991.1s were back then.  Interesting.  Does that mean a 991.2 will be $200k in another 2 years with downward pressure from 992?  Logic would say yes?

24 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

A bit of sluething has confirmed that the green one is the ex black damaged car, vin ending 6388.  Also discussed in this thread:
https://aussieexotics.com/forum/porsche/9912-gt3-confirmed-62641.800.html

So the price isn't indicative of the market.

😂 oh yeah, a good one is $10k more....but unsold

56t63ckip2e6ubyssgzr5s8lw.jpg?aspect=FitWithinNoPad&width=480

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-Porsche-911-GT3-991-Auto-MY18/SSE-AD-5925948

8 minutes ago, DJM said:

Yep Doug agree, really like this one, but like the wilson59 grey one a lot more.  $40K more, unsure??????  I would say in 18 months I will be in the market for a 991.2 GT3 so let's see what is around then, and the price.  I hope you are correct in your assumption.

2 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Yep Doug agree, really like this one, but like the wilson59 grey one a lot more.  $40K more, unsure??????  I would say in 18 months I will be in the market for a 991.2 GT3 so let's see what is around then, and the price.  I hope you are correct in your assumption.

I’m nearly in the market but like yourself I don’t want to bust out an extra 40 k if I don’t have to .

My toys are strictly cash money no credit allowed so I am told so that extra don’t come easy in my world . My biggest problem is I want things now so being patient is not one of my higher powers 

• 1 month later...

This black one at CTS is a nice spec.  (Only missing Sports Chrono but not a drama).  Great colour and low klms (1500).  Price not bad as well for CTS.

https://classicthrottleshop.com/2018-porsche-911-991-gt3-black/

Also check out the 30th anniversary 964 (under offer).  Very nice.

https://classicthrottleshop.com/1993-porsche-911-964-anniversary-limited-edition/

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 11:23, edgy said:

So 991.2 is now attainable in mid 3's perhaps even low 3's depending on your haggling skills... most interesting, I guess we shall await 992 GT3 details shortly to watch it go further south?

So nearly  year later, I note based on the currently listings, the 991.1 & 991.2 pricing hasn't really moved... also interesting is the 991.1 GT3RS pricing, this has seemed to remain stable too from a year ago, although there was a couple examples earlier this year in the low 300's... maybe some off market deals even lower? 

Thoughts on this ^^ 

I recon it cold be related to cars coming off lease in batches, few hit the market in close proximity and down goes the price until they flush out.

Best value I have seen recently was the green 991.2 in manual. Listing went as low as 280 something before it disappeared. If I was in the market- that would have been the one

Went for a spin in a mates manual 991.2 - all I can say is a blistering pace and unbelievable grip.

8 minutes ago, Jason A said:

I recon it cold be related to cars coming off lease in batches, few hit the market in close proximity and down goes the price until they flush out.

Best value I have seen recently was the green 991.2 in manual. Listing went as low as 280 something before it disappeared. If I was in the market- that would have been the one

Went for a spin in a mates manual 991.2 - all I can say is a blistering pace and unbelievable grip.

That is definitely a plausible theory, I watch the G wagen market too, had been watching G55 flood the market (when they come off term) until the last couple years, now there is none really listed, currently they're all G63... 

I think I had read about that green 991.2 having been recorded as being in an "incident" explaining the low price.

32 minutes ago, edgy said:

That is definitely a plausible theory, I watch the G wagen market too, had been watching G55 flood the market (when they come off term) until the last couple years, now there is none really listed, currently they're all G63... 

I think I had read about that green 991.2 having been recorded as being in an "incident" explaining the low price.

Yep from memory a beat up black car repainted green .The 997 market has little to offer as well

6 hours ago, edgy said:

So nearly  year later, I note based on the currently listings, the 991.1 & 991.2 pricing hasn't really moved... also interesting is the 991.1 GT3RS pricing, this has seemed to remain stable too from a year ago, although there was a couple examples earlier this year in the low 300's... maybe some off market deals even lower? 

Thoughts on this ^^ 

The cars that are listed aren't moving on price nor selling,  so read in to that what you may.  Probably what is keeping the .1 RS market up is clean Air around the model, they sit nicely in the large gap between the .1 and .2 GT3 and this gap appears to be holding rather than shrinking.

I will readvertIse mine in a few weeks.

2 hours ago, edgy said:

Also seems to be a small premium for CS? There is 3 available @ $350k+ 

Soon to be my recently traded Manual club sport @Dutton’s...

Miami Blue nicely optioned car and I’d say $350k ish?