3 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I take it you don't understand the problem with the 991.1? 

Yep, cams and followers lose their surface coating and start wearing themselves away due to a lack of oil, the IMS reference was about once it has gone, it’s too late to replace as there is metal distributed throughout the motor requiring a full strip down and rebuild 

5 hours ago, sleazius said:

For me the sweet spot is $150k for a 991.1 RS. At that point I'm willing to take the risk. Anything before that and I've got zero interest.

That said, Cadbury is pretty tempting, I'd be lying if I said I don't check daily.

😎

I love the honesty and I agree.  Do you think we could get a multi buy discount, 2 cadburies for $280k, 1 each 😂  Call me when a deal is done.

I also check most days 😂

Love this thread. I'm tossing up between the AMG GT-R or 991.1 GT3.

Can't get away from the beauty of the GT3 but its looking like a question of when, not if it goes kaboom!

Porsche really needs to support its customers who bought a premium product in good faith and duty of care is owed to them. Its just strengthens the brand ion the long run. 

38 minutes ago, reggiegums said:

Can't get away from the beauty of the GT3 but its looking like a question of when, not if it goes kaboom!

Porsche really needs to support its customers who bought a premium product in good faith and duty of care is owed to them. Its just strengthens the brand ion the long run. 

Porsche do support their customers, hence the 10 year warranty. Second hand buyers are not their customers, the only reason to keep them happy is the hope that one day they might buy a new one.

I can't comment on the GT-R, but I do have a bit of seat time in a GT-S. If it were my money I'd stick with the P cars (again, can't comment on the R).

39 minutes ago, reggiegums said:

I would have thought that an extra 10 year warranty on a "questionable" engine was proof enough ...

I cannot bring to mind another manufacturer who has committed to such a long guarantee on one of its products. 

Aaahhh - sleazius just beat me to it!!

I agree with the 10 year warranty being enough support, especially when these cars can get so much track time which other street cars don't see.
I know of two people that bought MB GT-Rs new.  One bought a 991.2 GT3 new and had it for less than 1000kms and sold it because it didn't have enough torque for what he was used to and didn't like to rev it to get it to go.  He bought a GT-R instead and loved it.

The second guy has spent millions on cars over the years and he bought a GT-R new.  He said it went well but was just too big and bulky for threading down a twisting road and he sold it.  He still loves his GT Porsches by comparison.

So I guess it just comes down to what you want from the driving experience.   I would also say the the GT-R depreciation curve will be steeper than either the 991.1 or .2 GT3.

Getting a warranty on a track car out to 2030 is bloody good too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/02/2020 at 11:08, reggiegums said:

https://youtu.be/vZBrokdeZDk

Here is a lovely low klm fully loaded 991.2 Touring for sale.  Probably a little over priced by $20K but if you are looking this seems to be the cream of the crop.  Nice PTS blue as well.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2018/sse-ad-6584161/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email&notification_id=99b83506-26c9-4a3a-a560-f195076da35d

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

Here is a lovely low klm fully loaded 991.2 Touring for sale.  Probably a little over priced by $20K but if you are looking this seems to be the cream of the crop.  Nice PTS blue as well.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2018/sse-ad-6584161/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email&notification_id=99b83506-26c9-4a3a-a560-f195076da35d

$50K overpriced I would say . This car has every option possible at $260K . I don't see how the touring commands more money anyway . The Grey CS same options similar KM but $60K less

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-gt3-991-manual-my18/SSE-AD-6579159/?Cr=7

10 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

$50K overpriced I would say . This car has every option possible at $260K . I don't see how the touring commands more money anyway . The Grey CS same options similar KM but $60K less

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-gt3-991-manual-my18/SSE-AD-6579159/?Cr=7

I wish you had not sent me that white one.  I can't stop looking at it.

On 15/03/2020 at 09:21, Lucky Phil said:

Beautiful car and what a great spec; no need for haste though, I'm guessing there will be a number of 991.2 GT3's to choose from sub 300K as the year goes on.

2 hours ago, wilson59 said:

He picked the right time of day for his interior shots 👌😎

9 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

The navy blue suits the Touring somehow, looks very sophisticated.  Love it but not the price.

9 hours ago, wilson59 said:

except PCCB which the Blue GT3T has, just sayin

7 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

Beautiful car and what a great spec; no need for haste though, I'm guessing there will be a number go 991.2 GT3's to choose from sub 300K as the year goes on.

Exactly, there will be bargains yet, if it were me I’d sit on my hands for a few months to see what pops up.

On 15/03/2020 at 19:52, sleazius said:

Exactly, there will be bargains yet, if it were me I’d sit on my hands for a few months to see what pops up.

Cheapest 991.2 down to $279k

Meanwhile Richmonds have 991.1 for $269k......good luck with that.

While we wait for chaos to subside, where’s the bottom of the market.....?  Just listened to Chris Harris podcast today and they were predicting pretty significant falls other than true collector/rare exotics.  You couldn’t put 991 GT3s in the collectible category.

Just now, DJM said:

Cheapest 991.2 down to $279k

Meanwhile Richmonds have 991.1 for $269k......good luck with that.

While we wait for chaos to subside, where’s the bottom of the market.....?  Just listened to Chris Harris podcast today and they were predicting pretty significant falls other than true collector/rare exotics.  You could put 991s in that category.

Mate, I obviously own one so I shouldn't say this, but i reckon they'll be under $200k before too long (months).

Barring some timewarp device that speeds up a vaccine, cars are going to tank hard. I also listened to that podcast just now and I couldn't agree more. Just buy what you want and enjoy the drive. Speculators give me the total shits.

I should never post this here, but I'm watching 458s and 993 turbos like a hawk. Lot of speculators with both of those in the garage.