On 12/06/2020 at 08:38, wilson59 said:

Seems the 991.2 are selling well . It looks like colour and non CS are holding a few back .

Seems many makes and models are all selling. Dealers saying supply chain delays so no new stock until mid-July at earliest, so what's on the lot is all they have. This is not just for P-cars, but everything from a Ford Ranger to Toyota.  Not to mention the $150k instant business write-off even though this has been extended 6 more months.

Only 1 991.2 manual GT3 left- and that's the one which has been there for 2 years.

27 minutes ago, HWY said:

Seems many makes and models are all selling. Dealers saying supply chain delays so no new stock until mid-July at earliest, so what's on the lot is all they have. This is not just for P-cars, but everything from a Ford Ranger to Toyota.  Not to mention the $150k instant business write-off even though this has been extended 6 more months.

Only 1 991.2 manual GT3 left- and that's the one which has been there for 2 years.

Yes not much on offer . 

15 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Yes not much on offer . 

Across a variety of makes and models that I have a passing interest in (aka: stalk obsessively on Carsales 😂) there seems to have been a shrinking supply. Also, more than ever, there's a sharp divide between “gets listed and sold in days” & “sits forever”.

As another example, I was just having a peak at GT4’s, and don’t think I’ve ever seen so few listed. They’ve all been there for a while (some forever) yet one appeared to be listed and sold in a day yesterday...

On 06/06/2020 at 01:40, luzzo said:

Car sales now shows 14 x 991GT3's for sale:

Check out these cars: https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/results?q=((Service%3D[Carsales]%26((SiloType%3D[Dealer used cars]|SiloType%3D[Private seller cars])|SiloType%3D[Demo and near new cars]))%26(Make%3D[Porsche]%26(Model%3D[911]%26((Badge%3D[GT3]|Badge%3D[GT3 Clubsport])%26Series%3D[991]))))&sort=~Price

Only a few days ago there were 17. 

I haven't kept track of which ones have sold, but definitely some movement in the last few days. 

I looked back at my last posts to see how many 991GT3's there were last time I checked. 

Today, this has dropped to 9 cars. And 7 of these are 991.1's. All of the 991.2's are moving quickly, and not being replaced.

Nb. I did notice a 991.2 manual in Silver get listed for $335 and sold in a few days. 

7 minutes ago, JWM said:

Across a variety of makes and models that I have a passing interest in (aka: stalk obsessively on Carsales 😂) there seems to have been a shrinking supply. Also, more than ever, there's a sharp divide between “gets listed and sold in days” & “sits forever”.

As another example, I was just having a peak at GT4’s, and don’t think I’ve ever seen so few listed. They’ve all been there for a while (some forever) yet one appeared to be listed and sold in a day yesterday...

Being a recent purchaser of a 991.2 Gt3 my thought process was ........buy the car that suits my budget as fast as I can and a price I can live with . 

I looked into waiting for a 992 but that is still some time off and a new car is really not my bag  .I imagine I am not the only one 

8 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Nb. I did notice a 991.2 manual in Silver get listed for $335 and sold in a few days. 

That was a car that was listed earlier in the year for a while. Same photos (and price I think).

Priced to sell?  I'd say $20k over retail in this market.

Check out this 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Auto MY18. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-Porsche-911-GT3-991-Auto-MY18/OAG-AD-16850394

5 hours ago, wilson59 said:

That is good buying . Being a UK import would hardly be a concern 

It does kill the value more than it should.  $260 might be a good price, $280 is about retail IMHO.

6 minutes ago, hugh said:

UK cars are at least 20% slower, or so I’ve been told. 

No, rusty panels weigh less so it’s a super rare RS lightweight 😂

11 hours ago, edgy said:

SOLD 🤑🤑

5 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Priced to sell?  I'd say $20k over retail in this market.

Check out this 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Auto MY18. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-Porsche-911-GT3-991-Auto-MY18/OAG-AD-16850394

It does kill the value more than it should.  $260 might be a good price, $280 is about retail IMHO.

For some reason your posts never work as a link, annoying.  You need to change how you post so we can keep up.......

strangely when I quote your post, it creates the link 🤔

7 hours ago, DJM said:

No, rusty panels weigh less so it’s a super rare RS lightweight 😂

SOLD 🤑🤑

For some reason your posts never work as a link, annoying.  You need to change how you post so we can keep up.......

strangely when I quote your post, it creates the link 🤔

Ok, thanks for letting me know, I will try something different next time.  I am doing it on my mobile.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Believe an RS arriving in Tassie within next week from the big island.......

Correct Simon purchased the highly specced GT Silver 991.1RS ceramics, carbon pack, lift etc... sounds like an awesome car at a very very good price 

4 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Nicely optioned for the price as an AUC.  White is a bit bland for me though.

Check out this 2014 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Auto MY15. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2014-Porsche-911-GT3-991-Auto-MY15/OAG-AD-18911733

Where's @DJM surely you can negotiate it down to mid 100's?? :D  I'm in if you can!! 

4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Believe an RS arriving in Tassie within next week from the big island.......

Everyone getting RS... I feel left out! 

4 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Nicely optioned for the price as an AUC.  White is a bit bland for me though.

Check out this 2014 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Auto MY15. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2014-Porsche-911-GT3-991-Auto-MY15/OAG-AD-18911733

Gavin, you could treat it as a blank canvas and be creative......

What’s the deal with seats, I am right to assume sports buckets come as part of the Clubsport package with carbon buckets being a $$ option?  I assume the latter are “better”?  Are either or both folding to gain access to rear of the cabin?

D1251D77-A700-4D8B-B242-FB170EA3D266.png

042083EC-CA78-444E-80D4-A3296CB27CF3.png

2 minutes ago, DJM said:

What’s the deal with seats, I am right to assume sports buckets come as part of the Clubsport package with carbon buckets being a $$ option?  I assume the latter are “better”?  Are either or both folding to gain access to rear of the cabin?

D1251D77-A700-4D8B-B242-FB170EA3D266.png

042083EC-CA78-444E-80D4-A3296CB27CF3.png

Folding buckets were originally fitted to the 997 GT2 and they introduced the 918 style fixed bucked in 2016.  I find the folding buckets more comfortable to sit in, but many complain they are too high.  Folding look better in my eyes too.

Also the clubsport option is a no cost option, BUT, you have to tick the carbon seat option as a result.

Just now, NBTBRV8 said:

Folding buckets were originally fitted to the 997 GT2 and they introduced the 918 style fixed bucked in 2016.  I find the folding buckets more comfortable to sit in, but many complain they are too high.  Folding look better in my eyes too.

So top image is the cheaper folding bucket, bottom is fixed back super expensive carbon seats?

1 minute ago, DJM said:

So top image is the cheaper folding bucket, bottom is fixed back super expensive carbon seats?

Both are expensive, but the fixed buckets are a extra few k.  From memory folding were about 8k or so, fixed close to 11 I think?