9 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Auction car sold for $230,500 

so about $290,000 on the road

I was the underbidder, from NSW,  I worked it out as $270k on the road including a service, transport costs and rego, I don’t pay transfer costs if I keep It about 6-8 months.
I think it was a fair buy. Main reason I didn’t go further is every other car in the Main garage is red and the 991.2 Targa is Carmine Red.

6 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

I think you forgot to add GST to purchase price.  With GST added i get $266,900.  In Vic to register the car at that price adds about another $20,000.  What would reg cost be in NSW?

About $1,000 for CTP and rego, there are about 100,000 registered motor dealers in NSW. We don’t pay transfer fees if we keep a car short term.  The key requirement is that you have adequate capital, clean police record and own or rent a commercial premises. If you own a car collection you are required by law to have one as you can’t sell more than 3 cars in a year without a dealer license. 

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

I think you forgot to add GST to purchase price.  With GST added i get $266,900.  In Vic to register the car at that price adds about another $20,000.  What would reg cost be in NSW?

So about 287k drive away in Vic, that is the cheapest I’ve seen but not by much.  I thought the Covid era dodgy industrial auction skipped service impact might have been more  😂

17 hours ago, Car tart said:

913850B2-55AA-4313-BD84-C56436CE2469.jpegIt is impossible to miss the GST component as you Click on the tab above if you want to bid. It adds up the totals for you so you know. This company normally does industrial auctions. I don’t know how they are going to stop people from bidding and then not paying for the car. 

Impossible to miss the gst component with reference to the bid screen in front of you, but having a hard time reconciling that comment with reference to you math example  to allow for the gst at a bid price of 220k. Ha ha.

The formulae for total amount is winning bid price x 1.055x 1.1.    @DJM straigtened up the  5.5% vs your 5% for buyers premium.  So circa $267,500 for the keys based on a winning bid price of $ 230500 ( excludes on roads as@ lucky Phil is one of the few that talks all in garaged cost) 

I was taking the piss on your math as you had an  indirect crack at some others on theirs.  eg your math was short 10k ( gst misstep)  and I note you went  back and edited your orginal post to fix that misstep, 🤑  (at luzzo my bad, but was giving you the wrong  formulae to work out the final price based on the winning bid which you seemed interested in)

All that bullshit aside if you are a  private buyer and odometer bias for low km's,  why do you think the winning bidder will pull out based on a winning bid of $230,500 ( circa 267,500 all in for the keys)? Is that not a fair price / leaning to the good buy side, considering a little bit of inherent risk( lack of being able to get a ppi done to see if the car is indeed comensurate with the odometer reading and the buyer having a better line of sight on how much  contingency money needs to be allowed for over and above a major service)?

5 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

The auction car was pretty cheap, but to put it in perspective I bought my .1 when it was the same age and paid $270k plus ORC but with 9000kms.

Also this RS is near the perfect spec for me.

Check out this 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 991 Auto MY16. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-991-Auto-MY16/OAG-AD-19023705

I would not touch that car it has done excessive klm's.  The owner has used it as a daily to collect his mail at the end of his driveway.  That's a staggering 40 klms a year, too many in my opinion.  Honestly how can a 4 year old car only have 400 klms on it?

2 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

I would not touch that car it has done excessive klm's.  The owner has used it as a daily to collect his mail at the end of his driveway.  That's a staggering 40 klms a year, too many in my opinion.  Honestly how can a 4 year old car only have 400 klms on it?

Those 40kms though would be from his home to the dealer for the annual service though ;)

23 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Still doesn't match the 125kms on the Rusty French 996.1 GT3 at Lorbeks - 125kms in 20 years for that one.  Sad.......

8 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Still doesn't match the 125kms on the Rusty French 996.1 GT3 at Lorbeks - 125kms in 20 years for that one.  Sad.......

That car pains me.... Seriously, what’s the point

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1989-Porsche-928-S4-Auto/SSE-AD-230098

this too

:)

Bear in mind that it should drop in value after September as that is when the new car warranty probably runs out (Assuming it was first registered in September not October).   After this point you'd have to fly the previous owner down from Queensland and get him to renew it for you.  The likelihood of that happening will be very low, therefore the car won't be eligible for Porsche extended warranty and should be valued as such.

9 hours ago, DJM said:

Cheapest for a while?  And CS.  757C86C4-8E02-491D-B0A8-B5F5C5E3F281.png

1 hour ago, Lindo said:

Some colours people just can't come at.

Never been sure about this colour from ads or photos. Even saw it once in a Cayman (in the flesh), and rather uninspiring. Almost tacky even. Just didn't suit that car.

But 991.2 GT3 in Miami in person, and it completely changed my mind.  Certainly a bold statement (& bright), but suits the bigger shape of the 991 very well. Suddenly makes the car feel fun. Evokes the feeling that a GT car should. For good times. 

I must admit that does does look a better in the flesh than the photos,  where it seems a bit washed out.  It is still a unique colour though, rather than one that appeals to the masses.  The car has been for sale for well over 12 months as the original owner tried for a while in Queensland.  I am glad I am not trying to sell it here in Tasmania, it would have to be cheap to shift it.

The car isn't back up on Carsales yet though?

8 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I must admit that does does look a better in the flesh than the photos,  where it seems a bit washed out.  It is still a unique colour though, rather than one that appeals to the masses.  The car has been for sale for well over 12 months as the original owner tried for a while in Queensland.  I am glad I am not trying to sell it here in Tasmania, it would have to be cheap to shift it.

The car isn't back up on Carsales yet though?

I got the Carsales notification with price drop but you’re right, it’s not listed. Odd.  Maybe that’s the sold price?

I came close to buying a Yas Marina Blue M3 a while back but.......couldn’t do it,  bought white instead 😂.  I liked the colour just not sure if I’d always like it (rather than being concerned about resale).  Same probably applies to Miami.  

7ADCA22A-B677-4C19-A3A4-3360533E3F4E.jpeg

Different wheels for sure.I ordered it new with silver , same car/vin  and same standard  Xenon headlights.

Cts thought the black side decal might help sell it and Duttons went one step further with changing wheels?

Great colour in the flesh,most cameras don't tell the real story and it looks washed out in Duttons pictures