5 minutes ago, DJM said:

Keenly priced 😲. Cheapest I’ve seen was 399k for the black one with MR bits a while back so this seems well priced.

91B07229-DDAE-4F2E-9430-F5B3E9CD9313.png

Doug I think you really need a GT3 in your life or perhaps an RS just do it what ya waiting for?? 😂 You Mt Eliza blokes are slow on the trigger 😂

It’d be awesome but $410k plus on roads and then bomb it round a track......?  Instead I threw some bucks at a new turbo for my track car and it’ll lap PI about as quick as one of those but owes me about $50k if I bin it.  Maybe one day they’ll be worth what I’m prepared to risk.

5 minutes ago, DJM said:

It’d be awesome but $410k plus on roads and then bomb it round a track......?  Instead I threw some bucks at a new turbo for my track car and it’ll lap PI about as quick as one of those but owes me about $50k if I bin it.  Maybe one day they’ll be worth what I’m prepared to risk.

You just might get your chance in a year or so 

This one looks ok and seems a good price.  Unsure about the statement saying extended warranty offered though, as it is not a private sale and seems not to be a Porsche dealer (McLaren) 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2017/oag-ad-19163203/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=670c65ed-e114-403c-9090-02461b588a97

15 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

This one looks ok and seems a good price.  Unsure about the statement saying extended warranty offered though, as it is not a private sale and seems not to be a Porsche dealer (McLaren) 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2017/oag-ad-19163203/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=670c65ed-e114-403c-9090-02461b588a97

Someone has until November to buy the car and put the Porsche Extended Warranty on it, otherwise you can roll the dice on an aftermarket warranty.

The car doesn't look to have any options so for me is just too dear and unappealing.

9 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Someone has until November to buy the car and put the Porsche Extended Warranty on it, otherwise you can roll the dice on an aftermarket warranty.

I expect the Porsche Extended Warranty has already been paid for before the original New Car Warranty expired. Not unusual to give prospective buyers comfort

1 minute ago, NevB said:

I expect the Porsche Extended Warranty has already been paid for before the original New Car Warranty expired. Not unusual to give prospective buyers comfort

The warranty is cancelled as soon as the car is sold by a dealer outside of the Porsche Dealer network.

Did your touring stay in the state?

2 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

The warranty is cancelled as soon as the car is sold by a dealer outside of the Porsche Dealer network.

Yeah Nah . I bought a car with Porsche extended warranty outside of the Porsche Dealer network it was fully transferable 

4 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Yeah Nah . I bought a car with Porsche extended warranty outside of the Porsche Dealer network it was fully transferable 

With the added security that comes with comprehensive warranty cover, you can now look forward to many thousands of kilometres of stress-free driving pleasure from your Porsche. Should you choose to sell your vehicle privately, the Porsche warranty extension is transferable* and may add to the attractiveness of your Porsche to prospective purchasers. 

*The warranty is not transferable to another party (e.g. a licensed motor vehicle dealer) if that party acquires the vehicle for the purpose of resale.

https://www.porschebrighton.com.au/Warranty-Extension

You could have bought a car on consignment or Porsche Australia haven't been informed of Duttons owning it.

2 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

With the added security that comes with comprehensive warranty cover, you can now look forward to many thousands of kilometres of stress-free driving pleasure from your Porsche. Should you choose to sell your vehicle privately, the Porsche warranty extension is transferable* and may add to the attractiveness of your Porsche to prospective purchasers. 

*The warranty is not transferable to another party (e.g. a licensed motor vehicle dealer) if that party acquires the vehicle for the purpose of resale.

https://www.porschebrighton.com.au/Warranty-Extension

You could have bought a car on consignment or Porsche Australia haven't been informed of Duttons owning it.

That particular car with the extended warranty was sold privately . My current car has new car warranty which was transferable . Sorry to add to the confusion  

Looking at the wording of the Warranty, it could be argued that the Warranty stays on the car even when the non approved dealer owns it, but they can't claim on it.  Then when sold to a individual the Warranty can be claim again.  The issue would still arise when it came up for renewal as the non approved dealer couldn't get it renewed and the individual buyer would once again need to find the last private owner who had the Warranty in their name.

It's messy,  really messy and I wouldn't want to have to deal with that.

2 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Looking at the wording of the Warranty, it could be argued that the Warranty stays on the car even when the non approved dealer owns it, but they can't claim on it.  Then when sold to a individual the Warranty can be claim again.  The issue would still arise when it came up for renewal as the non approved dealer couldn't get it renewed and the individual buyer would once again need to find the last private owner who had the Warranty in their name.

It's messy,  really messy and I wouldn't want to have to deal with that.

The book the dealer and owner sign is clearer "If a sale of the pre-owned Porsche during the warranty period is handled between end customers, warranty entitlement is transferred to the new end customer. The warranty expires if the vehicle is sold to a Licensed Motor Car Trader or commercial car dealer who is not authorised by Porsche." 

I think the terms in the book changed in the past couple of years a so you'd have to check the specific book that was signed to know the exact wording but this was the term on the Porsche Willoughby booklet - https://www.porschewilloughby.com.au/Media/PDFs/Porsche Approved Warranty Flyer.pdf

I've transferred a Porsche extended warranty and the dealer never asked for details of whereI purchased the car from so maybe you could get it through but you would have to be aware that your claim could be denied if they found out. The previous owners name would be in the book so you know who was the previous owner if you were asked for a name.

21 minutes ago, rego said:

The book the dealer and owner sign is clearer "If a sale of the pre-owned Porsche during the warranty period is handled between end customers, warranty entitlement is transferred to the new end customer. The warranty expires if the vehicle is sold to a Licensed Motor Car Trader or commercial car dealer who is not authorised by Porsche." 

I think the terms in the book changed in the past couple of years a so you'd have to check the specific book that was signed to know the exact wording but this was the term on the Porsche Willoughby booklet - https://www.porschewilloughby.com.au/Media/PDFs/Porsche Approved Warranty Flyer.pdf

I've transferred a Porsche extended warranty and the dealer never asked for details of whereI purchased the car from so maybe you could get it through but you would have to be aware that your claim could be denied if they found out. The previous owners name would be in the book so you know who was the previous owner if you were asked for a name.

Could be interesting if you're doing a Lorbek-style consignment sale.....

37 minutes ago, rego said:

Yes, this is as I initially thought and as the cars reach the end of their new car warranty you need to be aware of this when purchasing.

19 hours ago, NevB said:

Thanks - I'm definitely going to miss that car

Hi all I don’t post on here much but noticed Neville on this thread - Neville I’m the guy who called you too late about the touring. Thanks again for calling back, good to chat and I’m here if for any reason the sale doesn’t go through! Cheers.Scott

On 23/09/2020 at 06:18, NBTBRV8 said:

Interesting to know.

The touring is going to Sydney. He got a lot of car for the $ if you wanted 18way and PCCB. 

18 hours ago, scottn said:

Hi all I don’t post on here much but noticed Neville on this thread - Neville I’m the guy who called you too late about the touring. Thanks again for calling back, good to chat and I’m here if for any reason the sale doesn’t go through! Cheers.Scott

Hi Scott, nice to chat, sorry you missed out, its a great car.

Good luck with the search

Is this priced for the person who walks in to order a 992 GT3 Touring but decides they don’t want to wait for it?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-gt3-991-manual-my18/OAG-AD-19160138

I love it though (price aside) and would basically be a new car at those km...

F4DE780C-02AA-47DA-8849-10B159D99FD6.jpeg

For a two year old car it is expensive and white wouldn't be my first choice.

Also well done @NevB
for selling the touring and RS so quickly.  Pandemic, what pandemic.

Another new one to market.

Check out this 2017 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Auto MY18.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my18/OAG-AD-19133324