6 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

So much for being priced "right" then.

😂 exactly what I thought, it was 355k and priced right no silly offers then drops it 20k soon after, - he’d have been better to encourage offers

Not a fan of that colour on a GT3

Based on just the advertised prices and duration of time on the market, it looks like the 991.2 GT3 is starting to slide, the 992 will add pressure too.  This is in contrast to the 991.1 GT3 RS and both .1 and .2 turbo, both of which are seeing cars asking +$50K on pre-covid times.

Just now, wilson59 said:

I always go in with the expectation to lose 50 K on a car . I can enjoy it more  

And the converse problem exists too - car rises in value beyond what you expected and so it becomes tempting to wrap in cotton wool 👎🏻

1 hour ago, DJM said:

And the converse problem exists too - car rises in value beyond what you expected and so it becomes tempting to wrap in cotton wool 👎🏻

A wise man (Hugh) once said to me once when  you decide to no longer worry about KM and for that matter price it will be quite liberating . I think there is something in there for all of us 

3 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

A wise man (Hugh) once said to me once when  you decide to no longer worry about KM and for that matter price it will quite liberating . I think there is something in there for all of us 

That only works if you can afford to drop it in the first place :o

1 hour ago, Scott SS964 said:

For those interested I received a 279K sale offer via car sales today obviously a keen to move on

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my18/OAG-AD-19143810/?Cr=11

DJM I am sure you can live with the silver wheels on that price 

11 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

From what I have seen km and colour seem to be the main influence on price gearbox seem to be a personal preference over price 

This is probably right.  Manuals are rarer and throse that one one will probably pay a bit more for them as a result, but they still seem to ask the same price as PDK.  I think this will change over time as the cars get older in the same way as comfort spec cars are more commonly ordered when new, but CS cars become more in demand (and higher priced) as the cars get older.

8 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

This is probably right.  Manuals are rarer and throse that one one will probably pay a bit more for them as a result, but they still seem to ask the same price as PDK.  I think this will change over time as the cars get older in the same way as comfort spec cars are more commonly ordered when new, but CS cars become more in demand (and higher priced) as the cars get older.

22 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

From what I have seen km and colour seem to be the main influence on price gearbox seem to be a personal preference over price 

Interesting. I suspected that might be the case too and agree that the manual will be more desirable in the future. I haven't followed the 991.2 market very closely but a manual CS package is quite appealing to me, especially with the prices coming down on the cusp of the 992's arrival. Probably quite rare to come by though. Just seems like a great vehicle to keep forever and put a shitload of kms on, especially with AP claiming the donk is good for 300,000 kms.

9 minutes ago, spiller said:

Interesting. I suspected that might be the case too and agree that the manual will be more desirable in the future. I haven't followed the 991.2 market very closely but a manual CS package is quite appealing to me, especially with the prices coming down on the cusp of the 992's arrival. Probably quite rare to come by though. Just seems like a great vehicle to keep forever and put a shitload of kms on, especially with AP claiming the donk is good for 300,000 kms.

If you ever want to take a PDK 991.2 CS for a spin let me know 

25 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I could be wrong however my understanding is that build numbers are approx a 50/50 split man/PDK this could be US data I cant quite remember where I heard it. Which means you probably shouldn't be paying anymore for a manual over a PDK. 

25 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

I could be wrong however my understanding is that build numbers are approx a 50/50 split man/PDK this could be US data I cant quite remember where I heard it. Which means you probably shouldn't be paying anymore for a manual over a PDK. 

From watching the number that have come on the market here in Australia, my guess would be 20-25%.  PCA won't release the number.