On 08/12/2020 at 10:57, NBTBRV8 said:

Good to know, thanks.  I wonder how much more there is to squeeze if that was the opening offer?

They said $280k email offer is rock bottom but they’d chuck in door to door delivery to Melbourne.  

I went to 2 Porsche centres today to check seats before continuing the dance.   LWBs are tight but OK.   I understand folding buckets (as in AH car) are narrower, similar to 997 CS seats which were painfully uncomfortable for me.

PCB said they hold quite a few orders for 992 GT3s and many of those guys have 991.2s so the market will see more cars next year.  So I’ll wait.

6 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Well you know what they say, if you have to ask the price...

Anyway, I am sure you'd be good for it DJM.

Too rich for me at 450-500

19 minutes ago, DJM said:

They said $280k email offer is rock bottom but they’d chuck in door to door delivery to Melbourne.  

I went to 2 Porsche centres today to check seats before continuing the dance.   LWBs are tight but OK.   I understand folding buckets (as in AH car) are narrower, similar to 997 CS seats which were painfully uncomfortable for me.

PCB said they hold quite a few orders for 992 GT3s and many of those guys have 991.2s so the market will see more cars next year.  So I’ll wait.

Too rich for me at 450-500

I found LWB too upright and after 30 minutes my shoulders were killing me.  I am slim and found the folding buckets brilliant, a really comfortable seat even after hours.  997 CS seats are slim than folding buckets if I recall correctly.

I am anticipating a notable shift when the 992 is announced, just not sure I can wait that long and something else takes my fancy.

2 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I found LWB too upright and after 30 minutes my shoulders were killing me.  I am slim and found the folding buckets brilliant, a really comfortable seat even after hours.  997 CS seats are slim than folding buckets if I recall correctly.

I am anticipating a notable shift when the 992 is announced, just not sure I can wait that long and something else takes my fancy.

Notable shift I don’t think so . I don’t think the wriggle room is there for that .

New cars will be $400 K plus so initially everyone is after as much as they can get .

I still think $100,000 under the new model is still attractive pricing 

On 07/12/2020 at 14:22, wilson59 said:

I always go in with the expectation to lose 50 K on a car . I can enjoy it more  

My 2018 GT3 Touring lost $87K

My 2019 GT3RS lost $40K 

Both averaged around $10 per km which I think is a reasonable expectation for a $400K car for the first 10,000km

3 hours ago, NevB said:

My 2018 GT3 Touring lost $87K

My 2019 GT3RS lost $40K 

Both averaged around $10 per km which I think is a reasonable expectation for a $400K car for the first 10,000km

What was the price delta between 991.2 GT3 and RS (non Weissach) when new?

On 15/12/2020 at 06:34, NevB said:

Base cars perhaps $100k, my cars around $50k

Assuming cash was no issue, is an RS at 400k better “value” than a GT3 at 300k?  Lots of track use and occasional weekend saunter.  The .2 RS sounds like it’s a big step on from a GT3.  

I suppose the next question is whether 992 GT3 with revised front end is better than 991.2 RS.....

how much is enough......?

9 hours ago, DJM said:

Assuming cash was no issue, is an RS at 400k better “value” than a GT3 at 300k?  Lots of track use and occasional weekend saunter.  The .2 RS sounds like it’s a big step on from a GT3. 

The RS is a much stronger track car; front end turn in, feel, grip are all much improved. Spring rates are better for the track, rear downforce is better. I wouldnt hesitate if track days/club comp are your thing. But when the balance is shifted to road use, the GT3 is a more liveable package for most.

12 hours ago, luzzo said:

This car looks awesome. 

A lot of good options & the all important engine change with 10 year warranty..!

Great new (recent) low 991GT3 pricepoint $229,900

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my16/SSE-AD-6939283/?Cr=1

How long before they are under 200

9 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

go pop as well

This is something that I have been pondering for a little while now and do please forgive my ignorance. however.....

If you do not hold the high RPM, or perhaps change earlier, then the current problem of the followers is lessened?

Am I thinking about it all wrong?

5 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

No one likes Devolving so the only solution is obviously 991.2 

No one likes it, but those who do, "love it" 😛 

If I keep going back far enough... soon I will just walk on the race track barefoot, you know? For the most analogue, raw, visceral, engaging experience... ( ok I ran out of buzz words for that hyperbolic statement)