6 minutes ago, edgy said:

No one likes it, but those who do, "love it" 😛 

If I keep going back far enough... soon I will just walk on the race track barefoot, you know? For the most analogue, raw, visceral, engaging experience... ( ok I ran out of buzz words for that hyperbolic statement) 

Don't those words get over used 

3 hours ago, edgy said:

No one likes it, but those who do, "love it" 😛 

If I keep going back far enough... soon I will just walk on the race track barefoot, you know? For the most analogue, raw, visceral, engaging experience... ( ok I ran out of buzz words for that hyperbolic statement) 

Stop it your sounding like a 996 next gen owner 😳🤪 If we're to be completely honest all this started with the 993RS's now thats vicseral raw and engaging 😂😂😂 

On the 991.1 engine I may be wrong however the "G" series engine still does not fix the inherent design fault which as I understand it is the lubrication of the top end. There is a proper fix out there however like the IMS (in 996/997.1 std 911 engines) you have to bite the bullet before it pops. So the value of these cars is still murky until this 3rd party fix is costed and subsequently proven and of course this won't happen until the engine warranties start expiring in 2024.

In the meantime if you pick one up for 180K with a G series donk and full warranty then remap the ECU to a 8500rpm hardcut then you'll be on the right track.

13 minutes ago, edgy said:

Just what is a "next gen 996 owner" ? 

Having had a 996 GT3 for 7 years lets call me 1st gen and now lets say after a period of being in no mans land the 996 has gained renewed interest from another group which i referred to as next gen!

I like this one, rare to see Carmine Red.  Porsche approved too. 

Unflinching on price ($317k ex on roads if sold interstate) plus delivery.  Maybe I should have bought the silver AH car at $279k, I don't see $40k more here. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my18/OAG-AD-19416721/?Cr=4

39 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

Having had a 996 GT3 for 7 years lets call me 1st gen and now lets say after a period of being in no mans land the 996 has gained renewed interest from another group which i referred to as next gen!

That's great, I owned one when you couldn't give them away too, so what does that make me?... Don't answer that, because my post was a joke, and in true 996 owner fashion, I actually don't give a fuck what others think. 😎 🍳

1 minute ago, edgy said:

That's great, I owned one when you couldn't give them away too, so what does that make me?... Don't answer that, because my post was a joke, and in true 996 owner fashion, I actually don't give a fuck what others think. 😎 🍳

fair enough happy days and jokes all round then😎

5 hours ago, DJM said:

I like this one, rare to see Carmine Red.  Porsche approved too. 

Unflinching on price ($317k ex on roads if sold interstate) plus delivery.  Maybe I should have bought the silver AH car at $279k, I don't see $40k more here. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my18/OAG-AD-19416721/?Cr=4

You should buy that 

7 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

Stop it your sounding like a 996 next gen owner 😳🤪 If we're to be completely honest all this started with the 993RS's now thats vicseral raw and engaging 😂😂😂 

On the 991.1 engine I may be wrong however the "G" series engine still does not fix the inherent design fault which as I understand it is the lubrication of the top end. There is a proper fix out there however like the IMS (in 996/997.1 std 911 engines) you have to bite the bullet before it pops. So the value of these cars is still murky until this 3rd party fix is costed and subsequently proven and of course this won't happen until the engine warranties start expiring in 2024.

In the meantime if you pick one up for 180K with a G series donk and full warranty then remap the ECU to a 8500rpm hardcut then you'll be on the right track.

I think your right . Sub 200 K and your buying well I think .

14 minutes ago, DJM said:

Offered your number but they’re expecting well above that and not budging.......even for a pre Xmas, unconditional cash sale....... 🤔. Give it time.

They will be selling on consignment.  They will be charging the guy $5k plus he will have to pay for the warranty extension.  It is the third time they have had it for sale since new.

It certainly is full retail.

13 hours ago, DJM said:

Offered your number but they’re expecting well above that and not budging.......even for a pre Xmas, unconditional cash sale....... 🤔. Give it time.

They look good in Carmine Red with the black accents

13 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

They will be selling on consignment.  They will be charging the guy $5k plus he will have to pay for the warranty extension.  It is the third time they have had it for sale since new.

It certainly is full retail.

So this will be 4 owners in under 5,000km?   

What a waste and in Tassie of all places where you’ve got driving roads galore.

Go have a word to them for me will you, tell them it’s time for a new owner that will flog it on track and so they should sell fire sale it to me.

14 minutes ago, DJM said:

So this will be 4 owners in under 5,000km?   

What a waste and in Tassie of all places where you’ve got driving roads galore.

Go have a word to them for me will you, tell them it’s time for a new owner that will flog it on track and so they should sell fire sale it to me.

Don't know this one, obviously a Hobart car.   Gavin, you would know more about it.  Yes, what a pity it isn't driven.......  Doug, happy to test drive and bring it over for you 🙂   

1 minute ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Don't know this one, obviously a Hobart car.   Gavin, you would know more about it.  Yes, what a pity it isn't driven.......  Doug, happy to test drive and bring it over for you 🙂   

The way he spoke to me yesterday (a tad dismissive, absolutely firm on price),  I’m not their buyer.  Unless they do an Autohaus and send a discounted offer via Carsales to move it on.   But that’ll be many weeks away if at all you would think.

Pretty basic spec but I like the rare colour combo, Clubsport, LWB seats, PDK, Chrono and it’s hardly been used based on km.  

3 hours ago, DJM said:

Good to know, I’m not up for their price so I’ll move on.

Buy the yellow car that no one wants . That is in your price bracket 

2 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Just checked . You even missed the boat on that one ...... gone 

8 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Just checked . You even missed the boat on that one ...... gone 

Meh didn’t even save that one, could never do yellow.  It was non CS too?  Last listed 275k?

Just now, wilson59 said:

No one can do yellow . They are the blue zooper doopers of the Porsche world 

If it was clubsport I’d pay 260 and spend 5k to wrap it.......need clear wrap for track anyway, just go red wrap instead 👌🏻