12 hours ago, wilson59 said:

No one can do yellow . They are the blue zooper doopers of the Porsche world 

I would agree with you 99% of the time, but for me one of the best 991.2 GT3 RS' I have seen was Alvin Chua's car.  As an Adelaide boy did you see that?  It looked fantastic as a Weissach spec with gold wheels.  A really good looking car.

13 hours ago, wilson59 said:

No one can do yellow . They are the blue zooper doopers of the Porsche world 

Sorry mate, I could very easily do yellow, but I suspect it would be more of a target for the boys in blue than my current, fade into the background silver.....

11 minutes ago, DJM said:

Astonishing lap time 1:37.7 in 991.2 GT3 RS.  But it looks so clinical, is it “fun”?  Discuss.

Looks fun to me .The closest I can ever come to compare is racing bikes .

The modern race bike is full of electronics and Quickshifter it is as fun as hell I had the same concerns as whether the fun would be lost it never was . Keep in mind driver aids can be turned off if you need more excitement in your driving 

Fast is fun 🤩 

7 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Looks fun to me .The closest I can ever come to compare is racing bikes .

The modern race bike is full of electronics and Quickshifter it is as fun as hell compared to the more “ analog “ experience of old technology.

Fast is fun 🤩 

That really is very fast.  Typically the fastest cars at club track days are low 1:40s - this guy at 4 to 5 seconds faster with more weight, less power and showroom stock with road reg is testament to the amazing engineering in these cars.  

His YouTube comment says “new fastest lap by anyone in a standard road car of any description”, I’d believe it!

2 minutes ago, DJM said:

That really is very fast.  Typically the fastest cars at club track days are low 1:40s - this guy at 4 to 5 seconds faster with more weight, less power and showroom stock with road reg is testament to the amazing engineering in these cars.  

His YouTube comment says “new fastest lap by anyone in a standard road car of any description”, I’d believe it!

Done lots of laps at PI and know how fast that time is . It’s big balls fast 

41 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Done lots of laps at PI and know how fast that time is . It’s big balls fast 

Fair bit of driver skill in it too.  He was doing 41s in his former 991.1 GT3 (non RS) 😲 when I was at a Porsche drive day in my GT4 doing high 1:40s.  Much faster than other guys in similar cars.  The maestro.

1 minute ago, Scott SS964 said:

Those rotors have had a bit of heat in them.

9 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

Nice spec saturated GT3, low options, CS + 3 pedals... 

That’s fair ask I would say, and most likely where a lot of them transact anyhow! 

I was offered a fellow club members Agate CS 991.1 for low 2’s at the end of 2018... I think he ended up listing at 220 back then and it moved immediately 

3 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

When other MY18/19 manuals are sitting at 325k, you have to wonder what Connie is thinking.  And no detail about spec and no interior shots.......?  Good luck with that. 

10 minutes ago, DJM said:

When other MY18/19 manuals are sitting at 325k, you have to wonder what Connie is thinking.  And no detail about spec and no interior shots.......?  Good luck with that. 

Speculation is a word that comes to mind 

On 21/12/2020 at 17:31, DJM said:

Astonishing lap time 1:37.7 in 991.2 GT3 RS.  But it looks so clinical, is it “fun”?  Discuss.

Had a random chat with an old fella in his 70's at a cars and coffee meet on the weekend after us both eyeing off a super clean 993 turbo. ( refer below)  The PI race track came up in the discussion along with gt3's.   Not practical logistical wise,   but I reckon he would have that RS covered on on the straight at PI in his road car.

Note, I would not of picked in a million years when I asked him whats your main squeeze and did you bring it today.  Yeah mines parked up there, the red one.   ( left out probably the quickest and most expensive car at the meet) Wasn't expecting to take the pic below from the drivers seat.   Also he told me the majority of k's to date in it have been track k's.  He broke the code for me on the 812 superfast  logo on the right of the pic as well.  Happened to cost me  over $100k per 100hp  ( over 800k  that icluded 160k in extras) for over 800hp  with 12 cylinders  and its indeed  superfast down any race straight. 

20201227_094801.jpg

20201227_084455.jpg

1 hour ago, smit2100 said:

Had a random chat with an old fella in his 70's at a cars and coffee meet on the weekend after us both eyeing off a super clean 993 turbo. ( refer below)  The PI race track came up in the discussion along with gt3's.   Not practical logistical wise,   but I reckon he would have that RS covered on on the straight at PI in his road car.

Note, I would not of picked in a million years when I asked him whats your main squeeze and did you bring it today.  Yeah mines parked up there, the red one.   ( left out probably the quickest and most expensive car at the meet) Wasn't expecting to take the pic below from the drivers seat.   Also he told me the majority of k's to date in it have been track k's.  He broke the code for me on the 812 superfast  logo on the right of the pic as well.  Happened to cost me  over $100k per 100hp  ( over 800k  that icluded 160k in extras) for over 800hp  with 12 cylinders  and its indeed  superfast down any race straight. 

20201227_094801.jpg

20201227_084455.jpg

Have to keep with RS guy through 11 and 12 to nail him on the straight that might take some doing 

41 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Have to keep with RS guy through 11 and 12 to nail him on the straight that might take some doing 

Interesting you mentioned that.  That's exactly what the old fella mentioned. Eg can give away  20 to 30km/hr on the straight if you don't get 11 and 12 right.