On 29/12/2020 at 21:05, DJM said:

When other MY18/19 manuals are sitting at 325k, you have to wonder what Connie is thinking.  And no detail about spec and no interior shots.......?  Good luck with that. 

Connie has started something.  New one at 390k.....!  Getting awfully close to RS value 🤔

ensqkt12ke5pqaou2qoegifmo.jpg?pxc_method=fitfill&pxc_width=480

2019 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Auto MY19

• Coupe
  • 6cyl 4.0 L Petrol
  • Automatic
  • 55 km

Dealer Used

For more information on this item please visit:
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2019-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my19/OAG-AD-17606580

3 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

Question - does anyone know, been given a guide or want to have a guess on what the cost of a new 992 GT3 will be. 
I assuming Connie is betting on 400+++

I asked PCM 2 weeks ago but they had no info and were unable to say when that would be announced.  @WGAsuggested 8% increase on 991.2.  Plenty of 991.2 owners here would know what that equates to.  Crazy stamp duty in Vic doesn’t help.....

9 hours ago, DJM said:

I asked PCM 2 weeks ago but they had no info and were unable to say when that would be announced.  @WGAsuggested 8% increase on 991.2.  Plenty of 991.2 owners here would know what that equates to.  Crazy stamp duty in Vic doesn’t help.....

I think once they start the marketing strategy   Which usually goes like this 

- cars announced for sale in Europe, not sure when we will see them for Australia

- not sure what our build slot allocations will be

- We are taking expressions of interest $2500-10k depending on retailer

- hype builds Euro deliveries start message is still “no word on Our allocation we are still waiting  “ 

- “hopefully we hear when our 1st build slot allocation will be soon and by the way these are now all taken unfortunately “

“They are only going to build so many “

Its a simple but effective strategy which brands such as Ferrari have used for years   

etc etc 

That would put it at a base price of around 378k + options + duty 

In Victoria this would equate to a base car being $412k on road - hmmmm..... Im thinking there is lots of tasty options for that money but good luck to them if they can get it. They do look good though I’ll check my balance 😀

Yeah too rich for me.  I’ve been pissed off before when considering the ridiculous prices for Porsche options.  If your numbers are right then that’ll mean $450k for decent spec which is crazy.  But people will pay it because GT3..... 

I’d rather have the 991.2 (RS?) cast offs as they all clamour to upgrade to the latest and greatest. Just wish they’d hurry up 😂

having said that a $450k 992 is going to make a $350k 991.2 look cheap 🤬

29 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Just had a mate sell his 991.2 GT3 RS and is putting a deposit down on one of these 

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/ferrari-roma-2020-review-126102

That’s a VERY different direction to take, much more a GT than an aggressive track took.  Roma looks a bit “soft” to my eye.  I’m not a fan.

50 minutes ago, DJM said:

That’s a VERY different direction to take, much more a GT than an aggressive track took.  Roma looks a bit “soft” to my eye.  I’m not a fan.

Funny you say that he thought the RS was  too track focused for him 

44 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Funny you say that he thought the RS was  too track focused for him 

Makes sense then 👌🏻  What’d get for the RS?  They were down around 400k earlier in the year but back to mid 4s now.

7 hours ago, DJM said:

Impulse buy 3 days before Cars & Cabernet at Winton.......?  Ahem, guilty your honour.....😁 

It was meant to be.....😂

6A954757-DDDD-4B86-9481-29569069B22A.jpeg

Did you really? 

Not the optimal vessel to sip cabernet out of, but given the extraordinary circumstances, I'll allow it ;) 

^ yes I did but deal is now off, damn it.

I won’t air publicly why as the seller (& PCB) were very transparent.  Back to Carsales..

if it’s relevant to you PM me and I can share what I know.