1 hour ago, JWM said:

Do you sit the 997.2 in the 997 range above too, or is that it’s own beast? (Not a lot to go on apart from the wild $320k ask that’s been sitting on Carsales).

Ahh yes 

997.2 . I will go with $240 to $270 

What do you think ? 

1 hour ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I presume you are speculating that these are the current prices deals have been done with, not asking prices?

Yep speculating on what seems to find new owners and find real buyers 

240-270 for a 997.2. Puts it higher priced than the 991.1 on your chart. I like it!

I think your pricing is all spot on. I offered $220k on a couple of 991.1’s as I said earlier. And how’s this for a reply from the seller. 

“Hi it took a while to digest your ridiculous and quite insulting offer.please don’t contact xx re my car as obviously we are miles apart .
Good luck “

Might point him to this thread.

p.s. It was a Clubsport, so perhaps a low starting point. But it wasn’t a take it or leave it option, always room to move from an initial offer. Maybe I didn’t put it well enough. Either way, he was a nice guy and the hunt continues.  

Just now, cafe_racer said:

240-270 for a 997.2. Puts it higher priced than the 991.1 on your chart. I like it!

I think your pricing is all spot on. I offered $220k on a couple of 991.1’s as I said earlier. And how’s this for a reply from the seller. 

“Hi it took a while to digest your ridiculous and quite insulting offer.please don’t contact xx re my car as obviously we are miles apart .
Good luck “

It is all relative, I got heaps of offers for $180-200k for mine when selling it.

5 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Good luck “

I think the 997.2 deserves its spot on my speculative chart .

They are quite rare and a real treat of a GT3 . I believe your offer sounds really fair on the 991.1 and the seller will regret not being more accommodating on negotiating I think 

5 hours ago, JWM said:

Do you sit the 997.2 in the 997 range above too, or is that it’s own beast? (Not a lot to go on apart from the wild $320k ask that’s been sitting on Carsales).

997.2 is a separate category, IMHO 250-270. 320K guy isn’t motivated by the sounds of his ad.

2 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Good luck “

p.s. It was a Clubsport, so perhaps a low starting point. But it wasn’t a take it or leave it option, always room to move from an initial offer. Maybe I didn’t put it well enough. Either way, he was a nice guy and the hunt continues.  

Unfortunately to some sellers they take things personally and can’t make a mathematical decision when pricing their cars. Without sounding like a twat, I’ve never had that issue. When it’s time to sell it’s time to sell with an accurate price and they don’t sit for months. I wouldn’t be feeling bad if I were you, very fair offer. 991.1 is a great car but in the realm of GT3 it’s all they’re worth based on what the ones newer and older are selling for.

6 minutes ago, spiller said:

997.2 is a separate category, IMHO 250-270. 320K guy isn’t motivated by the sounds of his ad.

Unfortunately to some sellers they take things personally and can’t make a mathematical decision when pricing their cars. Without sounding like a twat, I’ve never had that issue. When it’s time to sell it’s time to sell with an accurate price and they don’t sit for months. I wouldn’t be feeling bad if I were you, very fair offer. 991.1 is a great car but in the realm of GT3 it’s all they’re worth based on what the ones newer and older are selling for.

Agreed . When I sell a car I price it to sell it not to watch it sit on car sales for months 

4 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

The grey 991.2 in SA has dropped $50k since yesterday.  Another $50K and I would be interested.  I just love this one so much.  At $430K it was way overpriced now just overpriced

That is a nice looking car Phil 

8 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Fresh meat to the market.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my18/OAG-AD-19551263

It will be interesting to see how long it takes for a kick up in cars for sale once the 992 is revealed next week.  Deliveries to Australia Q3?

I have heard q4 :)

With the price of the 992 going up significantly, I wonder whether that will make folks reconsider letting their 991’s go...

I just spoke to a dealer again and they are telling me that there is a huge amount of interest in the 992 GT3, but trade ins won't be ramping up until deliveries take place as it is rare for people to trade in well before the new car arrives.  So Q4 will see a bit more movement in the 991 market.

31 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

I just spoke to a dealer again and they are telling me that there is a huge amount of interest in the 992 GT3, but trade ins won't be ramping up until deliveries take place as it is rare for people to trade in well before the new car arrives.  So Q4 will see a bit more movement in the 991 market.

LOL .You have 512 post and about 500 of them speculating on 991 sales