Being a technical kind of guy, I think the correct term for the 991.1 engine/cam lobe “fix” is polishing a turd 💩

I’ve had a GT Porsche engine go bang on me once before, not going there again.  It’s forever on your mind, could it happen again.  That’s what put me off 991.1 E, F, G whatever series motor, they all still suffer the same fundamental flaw.

I’m enjoying redlining the 991.2 engine without a worry in the world.  Cup car cred 👌🏻

7 hours ago, DJM said:

Being a technical kind of guy, I think the correct term for the 991.1 engine/cam lobe “fix” is polishing a turd 💩

Hmm, porsche turd.

They might have taken it seriously and replaced them with a cup engine too. 

That's a lot of money to have in a turd.

I have 20k in an m96 fart, it's not exactly a turd because it's only a bearing away from ok.

Shame porsche.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, DJM said:

Here I was thinking 991.1 were heading for sub 200 as we approach 10y engine warranty expiry.......🤷‍♂️ Wrong again

You have to sell them1st 😂😂

we like the buying Doug better much more fun 😂😂

So there is eleven (11) 991.2 GT3 s on the market as of today that seems to be a lot of cars to me it will be interesting to see what the market says over the next few months. 

I wonder how many buyers there are for these cars?

I’d be interested to hear from others on how much more they think the 992 is worth over the equivalent 991.2

For Sale

991.1 GT3 - 6 For Sale

991.2 GT3 - 11 For Sale

991.1 RS - 8 For Sale

991.2RS - 9 For Sale

10 minutes ago, spiller said:

I did a configuration for a 992 the other day (for shits and giggles, not in the market), basic spec with just the LWB seats and it came in at 408K drive away. I would have thought 70-75K price delta over a 1.2 is reasonable?

Mine came in at $422K with not that many options . Must have been the leather option that pushed it up for me 

30 minutes ago, spiller said:

I did a configuration for a 992 the other day (for shits and giggles, not in the market), basic spec with just the LWB seats and it came in at 408K drive away. I would have thought 70-75K price delta over a 1.2 is reasonable?

18 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Mine came in at $422K with not that many options . Must have been the leather option that pushed it up for me 

So as a rough guide that would see the 991.2 st 290-320 + on-road depending on spec which sounds about right

Here are the current 991.2 GT3 cars for sale 11 in total hopefully you can read it 

62071C43-629F-4D82-92F1-E04C121E65A8.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

So as a rough guide that would see the 991.2 st 290-320 + on-road depending on spec which sounds about right

Here are the current 991.2 GT3 cars for sale 11 in total hopefully you can read it 

62071C43-629F-4D82-92F1-E04C121E65A8.jpeg

The current 991 market is overpriced compared to what you get in a 992 if you are happy to wait IMO 

11 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

The current 991 market is overpriced compared to what you get in a 992 if you are happy to wait IMO 

Whats the guestimate on the  number of  991.2 owners itching to upgrade.  Is that the downward signal for prices to slide.  

34 minutes ago, smit2100 said:
38 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

Whats the guestimate on the  number of  991.2 owners itching to upgrade.  Is that the downward signal for prices to slide.  

Its one thing to ask a price - as the saying goes - Only time will provide that answer seems a logical thought process 

56 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Lots of tasty upgrades in the 992 i know of a number of people that are skipping the 991 generation and buying the 992

12 x 991.2 on the market now this one has ceramics at $362K before on roads making the range now  

$345K(this car started at 339K) to a whopping $377K

There has been one reduction in price a black comfort spec GT3 in QLD was $369,888 now $355,888

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2018/oag-ad-19816902/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=01ed067e-6cfa-4913-b1c9-700235ac6530

I agree with the comment it's better value to buy the 992 than a 1.2 at current asking prices as long as you can wait for delivery. $402k drive away for one I configured up without too many options. Dealer has suggested even putting your name down now will get you a car towards end of 2022.

On 09/05/2021 at 20:16, spiller said:

I just ran one with as close as I could get to the spec of my 991.2 and it came to $449,850 drive away.  Buckets and leather pump the price up.  If you added things like carbon roof and trim which I assume will be popular, that’ll add another chunk.  

I tend to agree with your reasonable delta so that would put my car at 375k drive away or about 350k ex Vic stamp duty.  Any buyers?  If anyone has 350k burning a hole in their pocket, call me 😂 

it might explain why all 1.2s (including Porsche listings) are now all mid to high 300s when just a couple of months ago they were low 300s.   

1 hour ago, DJM said:

I tend to agree with your reasonable delta so that would put my car at 375k drive away or about 350k ex Vic stamp duty.  Any buyers?  If anyone has 350k burning a hole in their pocket, call me 😂 

😂 ahh Doug 😂 

You may have missed the “for sale data” i posted last week; my reasonable delta was merely a summary of what is currently for sale (asking price) from the cheapest to most expensive 

So based on your old school pricing structure…..pre ownership that is; that would put the delta 300-320k which is what they have been selling for of late.

Given yours is now for sale?  that would make it 13 currently on the market 😂😂 good pickings atm!! 

On 09/05/2021 at 20:16, spiller said:

Thought I should do the same... $426,862 is the drive away price I came back with. 

I am really digging the Agate on the new car.

272430619_ScreenShot2021-05-13at1_40_01pm.thumb.jpeg.42086f3b25455c85aa5b60da2a9b8e25.jpeg

7 minutes ago, edgy said:

Thought I should do the same... $426,862 is the drive away price I came back with. 

I am really digging the Agate on the new car.

272430619_ScreenShot2021-05-13at1_40_01pm.thumb.jpeg.42086f3b25455c85aa5b60da2a9b8e25.jpeg

You went for the fancy lights didn't you ? Like your combo .Thinking of going a little Edgy I liked your old blue car mine came in at $422K 

BA660EA8-2674-4372-B729-B3BEE6F51C18.png

12 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

You went for the fancy lights didn't you ? Like your combo .Thinking of going a little Edgy I liked your old blue car mine came in at $422K 

Yes! Rumoured to save weight the LED's 

I like the blue, I reckon it will be one of those ones that looks better in person! 

^^^ both look shit hot. I went the blue with silver wheels. Boy that configurator is good. If the 992 lives up the hype, perhaps I could be swayed to sell the lot and stump up some more mullah to make a jump. I'm sure I'd chicken out when push came to shove though. I really love the motorsport connection to this new car, just not comfortable with the size.

47 minutes ago, spiller said:

^^^ both look shit hot. I went the blue with silver wheels. Boy that configurator is good. If the 992 lives up the hype, perhaps I could be swayed to sell the lot and stump up some more mullah to make a jump. I'm sure I'd chicken out when push came to shove though. I really love the motorsport connection to this new car, just not comfortable with the size.

I think about doing this from time to time... but cant make compelling enough reason to give up the now old metal!! Tell you what, I will buy a 992 when @DJM buys one 😜 

57 minutes ago, spiller said:

Spiller I found going from the smaller car to the bigger shape something you notice straight up but a non issue the more you drive it