1 hour ago, edgy said:

I think about doing this from time to time... but cant make compelling enough reason to give up the now old metal!! Tell you what, I will buy a 992 when @DJM buys one 😜 

Yep it's difficult to justify without trying one properly first, and especially considering once you give up the old one you may have a hard time finding another if you decide the new is not for you. I reckon it's worth trying a manual at Porsche Experience LA or Atlanta once covid dies and we can all travel again. Worthy investment for the opportunity to give one a proper flogging to see what it's all about. Having a go in a 991.1 at that facility a few years back definitely confirmed it was not for me!

2 hours ago, spiller said:

Yep it's difficult to justify without trying one properly first, and especially considering once you give up the old one you may have a hard time finding another if you decide the new is not for you. I reckon it's worth trying a manual at Porsche Experience LA or Atlanta once covid dies and we can all travel again. Worthy investment for the opportunity to give one a proper flogging to see what it's all about. Having a go in a 991.1 at that facility a few years back definitely confirmed it was not for me!

Brilliant suggestion. $400k-plus is a decent chunk of coin in any language for a car so best to try one before sending all the funds over.

3 hours ago, spiller said:

I did this with a mate a few years back now when the 991.1 GT3 came out, best money spent! Only PEC were not a thing so hit up Exotics racing in Las Vegas. 

6 minutes ago, edgy said:

I did this with a mate a few years back now when the 991.1 GT3 came out, best money spent! Only PEC were not a thing so hit up Exotics racing in Las Vegas. 

I did Exotics in Vegas many years ago in a 430 scud. PEC is a step above IMO just because there’s a lot more freedom. From memory it was around $850 AUD (could have been US) for 90 minutes of open slather in the GT3. I was cooked by the end of it!

A friend of mine is an idiot, he turned this car in to the trash one day. Back then (a few years ago) it was worth a lot of money. I knew it would be considered a collectible, even raced this car in a game about 20 years ago. It was a rarity even then. Very often it happens that an old car can no longer be used for its intended purpose, or, for example, it can not be restored https://www.scrapi.com/scrap-car-collection after an accident. In this case, the ideal way out of the situation is to scrap the car. Although, my acquaintance turned out to be an ass, giving such a beauty for recycling. It's a pity we didn't save it, but we could have been the kings of the road.

Would anyone be silly enough to pay a million for a Singer? Yes they do.

That could be said for gawd knows what these days with the ridiculous asking prices, e:g 964 tip $200k...$350k for a Zag backdate...need I say more? 

8 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Would anyone be silly enough to pay a million for a Singer? Yes they do.

That could be said for gawd knows what these days with the ridiculous asking prices, e:g 964 tip $200k...$350k for a Zag backdate...need I say more? 

To me it looks like the bubble has a hole in it . Seems that cars selling at the moment need to have a realistic price or it just sits . If anyone is in the market for a Lava Orange 99.1 GT3 RS there seems to be a lot on offer .

26 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Would anyone be silly enough to be paying anywhere near high $3s driveway for a .1?  The prices are just so far fetched in my mind, yet they keep listing in this range even if it appears as though they aren't selling.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-19818333

The market is strange I can't work out the strategy of the current sellers . None of these cars are selling 

Good cars priced sharply sell fast....Bad cars priced well sell fast to unsuspecting buyers.  Good or bad cars priced too high just sit forever.  I'm convinced some people list cars with no intent to sell.

There have been a few cars priced too high that I have followed for a couple of years, that high price is now about right and they just bump it back up to be unreasonable in the current market, makes me chuckle.

1 hour ago, cafe_racer said:

Good cars priced sharply sell fast....Bad cars priced well sell fast to unsuspecting buyers.  Good or bad cars priced too high just sit forever.  I'm convinced some people list cars with no intent to sell.

There have been a few cars priced too high that I have followed for a couple of years, that high price is now about right and they just bump it back up to be unreasonable in the current market, makes me chuckle.

I guess it is like the hot residential real estate market. You are not desperate to sell, as it is hard to get a replacement, but if one cashed up buyer comes along and offers you close enough to what you consider a great price, then you are happy to let your car go.  The current market asking prices of 991.2 at 10-20% difference (depending how many options you need) to ordering a new 992 GT3 and having to wait a year for it to turn up seems too narrow. Obviously having the list price of the 992 jump by a material amount has helped fuel the optimism of 991 GT3 owners. (excluding DJM)

image.thumb.png.78eaf183982af9095deeffb86a5ba468.png

56 minutes ago, HWY said:

I guess it is like the hot residential real estate market. You are not desperate to sell, as it is hard to get a replacement, but if one cashed up buyer comes along and offers you close enough to what you consider a great price, then you are happy to let your car go.  The current market asking prices of 991.2 at 10-20% difference (depending how many options you need) to ordering a new 992 GT3 and having to wait a year for it to turn up seems too narrow. Obviously having the list price of the 992 jump by a material amount has helped fuel the optimism of 991 GT3 owners. (excluding DJM)

image.thumb.png.78eaf183982af9095deeffb86a5ba468.png

I understand what your eluding to however having a roof over ones head is slightly more of an issue than selling/buying a GT3 - it speaks more about buyers being uninformed in this case if they chase a car at these prices 

23 hours ago, spiller said:

I did Exotics in Vegas many years ago in a 430 scud. PEC is a step above IMO just because there’s a lot more freedom. From memory it was around $850 AUD (could have been US) for 90 minutes of open slather in the GT3. I was cooked by the end of it!

Mate, we really regret not getting in the SCUD! Best sounding car there at the time. 

Last time we were at PEC LA was between flights, so no time to fully engage, just a causal coffee at the 356 Cafe. 😂

Just now, edgy said:

Mate, we really regret not getting in the SCUD! Best sounding car there at the time. 

Last time we were at PEC LA was between flights, so no time to fully engage, just a causal coffee at the 356 Cafe. 😂

No doubt about that! Interestingly enough a guy on rennlist with a 996 GT3 ended up buying the ex exotics town bike Scud and reckons it’s a great thing...30K track miles later!

10 hours ago, edgy said:

I drove the scud and the 997 turbo at Exotics in Vegas and preferred the 997 !

1 hour ago, 901er said:

I drove the scud and the 997 turbo at Exotics in Vegas and preferred the 997 !

I have had a red hot go in a 997.2 TT albeit not on the track, I can honestly say nothing accelerates like it! 991 & 992 faster again, I can only begin to imagine. 😀

14 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Thinking about it @wilson59? Great looking car.  I dig the GT silver, even more so now the 992 cup comes in silver. 

• 2 weeks later...

Market Update 26/5/21

991.1 GT3  

5 on the market down from 6

Activity - one came up as SOLD last week an Agate grey club sport with 37,700kms - replacement engine - which had an advertised price of $255

For Sale

2 Club Sport 3 x winged touring 

Advertised Price spread $ 254 -310

991.2 GT3

10 Cars on the market down from 12

Activity -  2 cars put on HOLD last week 1. Silver man club sport at $345k (started at $339k) - 2. White pdk Club Sport at $377k

For Sale

6 Club Sport - 3 man 3 PDK

4 Standard - 2 with LW buckets - All PDK

Advertised price spread $350 - 375K

Hi,

First time poster to these forums! Been following it for a couple of months and I was wondering if anyone would be and to help me out with a couple of simple questions.

Context: Am looking to be a GT3 owner in the near future, preferably 992, but if I can't get my hands on one, a 991.2 second hand. Am definitely looking to daily it.

1. What were the pre COVID prices for the 991.2 GT3 (Well spec'd, PCCB, carbon interiors etc)?

2. Although keen to own a GT3 (as my forever car) not keen to own one that's a ticking time bomb. My understanding is, even with a replaced engine, a 911.1 could still pose potential problems in the future?

3. If I don't have an established Porsche ownership record, is there any hope of being allocated a 992? So far, having dealt with Porsche Parramatta, they have have very lazy/non responsive to my enthusiastic emails/phone calls. I appreciate there must be a huge about interest in the carh. They havekept telling me to fill out an EOI, only to not actually forward any EOI paperwork. Hence it just ends up being a goose-chase of me calling up repeatedly. I can try alternative dealerships, but if the reality of being allocated a 992 is that it'll never happen, I rather nip the dream in the bud now and focus on the 991.2 (whenever that becomes more affordable).