8 minutes ago, drmurugti said:

Would be a good daily for the wife

Sure. You could map out a run via the hairdressers, supermarket including as many roundabouts as possible and home via the drive through bottle shop.

Give it a test run in your C2S, and set her a time to beat using the GT3.

2 hours ago, MFX said:

Neil at Performance Developments in the US has a fix, but it requires you to send him your engine and costs US$30k. It replaces all of the hydraulic finger followers to new, custom fixed ones, and also includes completely changing the oiling system. Definitely not as simple to fix as the 996 IMS issue.

Sounds about right. At 150-160K, spend your 50K AUD and you have a modern, probably bullet proof GT car for a little over 200. Doesn’t make sense at the current prices though. 150 is where I see these cars ending up soon enough, and will probably be the bottom. 

19 minutes ago, spiller said:

Sounds about right. At 150-160K, spend your 50K AUD and you have a modern, probably bullet proof GT car for a little over 200. Doesn’t make sense at the current prices though. 150 is where I see these cars ending up soon enough, and will probably be the bottom. 

Not in the next 3-4 years minimum IMO.

54 minutes ago, theplanner said:

Here you go, this is truely the cheapest 991.2 GT3 in Australia ... well at least for the time being...LOL

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2018-porsche-911-991-2-gt3-clubsport-1

Brave buying like this, you can't get a Porsche PPI done and check for over revs nor does it say no previous accident damage.

Reply from owner   Yes, no panel damage or repaint, and everything as you see is as it was delivered from factory except for the minor blemishes stated. The fire extinguisher is also the original from factory. I did replaced the rear fenders PPF after the incident where the debris punctured thru the PPF and made it double layers of PPF.

2 hours ago, theplanner said:

Here you go, this is truely the cheapest 991.2 GT3 in Australia ... well at least for the time being...LOL

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2018-porsche-911-991-2-gt3-clubsport-1

This GT3 was on carsales  for 2 months being put on hold last week. The car was for sale 339k originally then put up to 345

obviously keen to sell  

10 hours ago, luzzo said:

Sure. You could map out a run via the hairdressers, supermarket including as many roundabouts as possible and home via the drive through bottle shop.

Give it a test run in your C2S, and set her a time to beat using the GT3.

ha thats a good one. well they need to be far cheaper before we can even think of that hey.

1 hour ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Still no signs of the prices decreasing.  This one appears to have been enjoyed.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-gt3-991-manual-my18/OAG-AD-19879720/?Cr=23

Three Numbers 992

If i was selling a manual GT3  I’d have an over revs report in the add or available upon request. 

2 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

Three Numbers 992

If i was selling a manual GT3  I’d have an over revs report in the add or available upon request. 

Isn't that like saying, the seller should have a PPI report ready for any potential buyer?  I always do my own due diligence and used my own mechanics to inspect the vehicle.  I for 1 will be sceptical if the seller shows me an all clear over revs report.  I would rather the seller agree for me to undertake one myself tbh.

47 minutes ago, DJM said:

Uhuh

the Miami Blue manual I nearly bought that had the tits revved off it now lives just round the corner.  He said he’d daily drive it to rack up the kms needed to get warranty reconsidered, looks like he is doing just that

drove mine to the office today (essential industry 😁) I’m happy with PDK but other than a short squirt onto Eastlink or blasting round a left turn lane it’s hard to enjoy these cars on road so manual probably gives you a bit more engagement.  Too slow round a track though 😂

LOL, not so sure about the "too slow round a track though" 

Dun think there is much difference between a manual and PDK under the right hands. Have seen a manual and PDK battle it out on track by 2 very competent (non pro) drivers and the PDK is only marginally quicker (was an RS too).  Like within 0.3 of a sec quicker around a 1 min lap. But I bet the manual is more fun ;) 

I do agree that the manual is more engaging on the road but still too quick for the road.

10 hours ago, theplanner said:

Isn't that like saying, the seller should have a PPI report ready for any potential buyer?  I always do my own due diligence and used my own mechanics to inspect the vehicle.  I for 1 will be sceptical if the seller shows me an all clear over revs report.  I would rather the seller agree for me to undertake one myself tbh.

Just to clarify I'm talking about an over rev report from Porsche Centre that is part of the PCA group. 

Rationale

If your selling a manual GT3 IMO its value along with the level of buyer interest is largely based on its over rev history. So In that sense a good report is a significant asset that i would publish. 

From there my DD would commence.

note: there are people that are unaware of the impact of over revs on value 🦆 

10 hours ago, theplanner said:

I do agree that the manual is more engaging on the road but still too quick for the road.

And thats the Rub right there and the major reason they change hands often. If you don't have a purpose for a GT3 like tracking it regularly or hitting the local mount pass regularly with mates/enthusiasts,  generally it wont leave the garage and soon looking at it in the garage ….   only goes so far. 

3 hours ago, spiller said:

Manual all the way. Nothing like rowing the gears on down change heading in a heavy braking zone. 

I am with you, as I dont collect a pay cheque from going to the track... quite the opposite, so bugger it.. it should be fun how you like it.

36 minutes ago, edgy said:

I am with you, as I dont collect a pay cheque from going to the track... quite the opposite, so bugger it.. it should be fun how you like it.

I can't change gears quick enough . If you want to get the most out of one those 991.2  motors with a manual you will need to collect a cheque for track days . I think the manual is great for the road .

17 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I can't change gears quick enough . If you want to get the most out of one those 991.2  motors with a manual you will need to collect a cheque for track days . I think the manual is great for the road .

I don't think it's a matter of changing gears quick enough because imho that is the easy part.  It is the whole part of steering whilst changing gears and using all 3 pedals simultaneously that most ppl struggle with.  But there is a rev matching and flat shifting function that makes that task easier for those who struggle to do it themselves.  

Nonetheless, most of us are fortunate to have these cars in our garage regardless whether manual or PDK.  

10 minutes ago, theplanner said:

I don't think it's a matter of changing gears quick enough because imho that is the easy part.  It is the whole part of steering whilst changing gears and using all 3 pedals simultaneously that most ppl struggle with.  But there is a rev matching and flat shifting function that makes that task easier for those who struggle to do it themselves.  

Nonetheless, most of us are fortunate to have these cars in our garage regardless whether manual or PDK.  

I just know I would fuck it up and over rev my car . Agreed with all your points they are all epic 

32 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Maybe I am just kinky then? I like heel/toe action.... 

45 minutes ago, edgy said:

Maybe I am just kinky then? I like heel/toe action.... 

Makes the both of us, feels so good trail braking into apex, heel toe, rev match and throttle down, immediately repeat again .... LOL

The shifter in the GT3's (regardless of generations) is sublime.  The throttle responsiveness in the 991.2 is phenomenal, to the point when I drive my other manual (non P GT) cars they seemed unresponsive (relatively speaking)

The gearbox debate is a bit of chest thumping as both are fit for the purpose you ultimately want to use the car for.  I dailyed my .1 and found the PDK to be really poor for normally driving but it was fast albeit it a little involving on the road through the Twisties.  But this was probably only 30% of my driving.

For me the manual will overcome both of those issues and I really wouldn't want a PDK again as I find the manual so much more involving and pleasant to drive which suits my style.  I do understand why PDK appeals to some and respect that.

1 hour ago, theplanner said:

As we know, a lot of road rally drivers leave their PDK cars in auto, and just drive like that, except for, perhaps, some down changes.  A couple have said that it frees up something like 30% of the brain to provide additional concentration on steering, rather than co-ordinating the gear change between arm & foot.  When you think of it like that, for that sort of driving, PDK is probably a no-brainer (pun intended), but if you're driving for pleasure, do whatever gives you the most pleasure.........

16 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

As we know, a lot of road rally drivers leave their PDK cars in auto, and just drive like that, except for, perhaps, some down changes.  A couple have said that it frees up something like 30% of the brain to provide additional concentration on steering, rather than co-ordinating the gear change between arm & foot.  When you think of it like that, for that sort of driving, PDK is probably a no-brainer (pun intended), but if you're driving for pleasure, do whatever gives you the most pleasure.........

Well said . I would own either but be tempted for the manual with the rev matching flat shifting function. I like the sound of that 

Come on fellas, isn’t that what the nannies are for? Fumble about all day reaching for the gearshift and the computers will still get it pointed in the right direction 🤪

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

Then get hosed on the way out with pdk 😁

I'll leave now 

Tell that to the GT2RS guy at the bend over Easter. Ok I’ll reel it in now 😁

12 minutes ago, spiller said:

Come on fellas, isn’t that what the nannies are for? Fumble about all day reaching for the gearshift and the computers will still get it pointed in the right direction 🤪

Doesn't even spill coffee... so is it even a GT3?? 

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I know it is not a GT3, but even in my Macan in Sport + I can use the paddles, but I will only change worse than it will change itself. It changes up at red line and is already in the ideal gear for corner exit, so leaving it in auto just makes more sense. I love a manual, and I definitely get a lot of my driving enjoyment from nailing a heel toe down shift and nailing the exit of a corner :D