Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

As we know, a lot of road rally drivers leave their PDK cars in auto, and just drive like that, except for, perhaps, some down changes.  A couple have said that it frees up something like 30% of the brain to provide additional concentration on steering, rather than co-ordinating the gear change between arm & foot.  When you think of it like that, for that sort of driving, PDK is probably a no-brainer (pun intended), but if you're driving for pleasure, do whatever gives you the most pleasure.........

I know it is not a GT3, but even in my Macan in Sport + I can use the paddles, but I will only change worse than it will change itself. It changes up at red line and is already in the ideal gear for corner exit, so leaving it in auto just makes more sense. I love a manual, and I definitely get a lot of my driving enjoyment from nailing a heel toe down shift and nailing the exit of a corner :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spiller said:

Tell that to the GT2RS guy at the bend over Easter. Ok I’ll reel it in now 😁

 The way you drive, I have no doubt he wouldn't have gotten away too easily 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, spiller said:

Manual all the way. Nothing like rowing the gears on down change heading in a heavy braking zone. Until whoops and 12K. So the Miami blue one sold in the end. Wonder what it went for?

No, he moved house 😂. No one was buying that with mega over revs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/05/2021 at 15:20, theplanner said:

Here you go, this is truely the cheapest 991.2 GT3 in Australia ... well at least for the time being...LOL

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2018-porsche-911-991-2-gt3-clubsport-1

For those interested, this got to $302,500 then the auction ended with the car “unsold”, presumably because it was under reserve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a really strong indication of where the 991.2 GT3 market is at there is no better way to establish market value.
I wonder what his next move is after being on carsales and now going through the auction process,  if he isnt able to put a deal together with the underbidder then he might have to give it a rest.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/06/2021 at 14:58, TwoHeadsTas said:

As we know, a lot of road rally drivers leave their PDK cars in auto, and just drive like that, except for, perhaps, some down changes.  A couple have said that it frees up something like 30% of the brain to provide additional concentration on steering, rather than co-ordinating the gear change between arm & foot.  When you think of it like that, for that sort of driving, PDK is probably a no-brainer (pun intended), but if you're driving for pleasure, do whatever gives you the most pleasure.........

In Tarmac rally I find leaving the Dual Clutch in auto is even more beneficial when listening to the notes called by the navigator. I can confirm changing gears is a distraction even if just using the paddles that clears the nav call buffer in the brain. Requiring the calls to be repeated and made at the last instant which is not good as there is nothing worse than a surprise and it is hard to determine what is repeated and where it applies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

I wonder what his next move is after being on carsales and now…

I’m interested as much in seeing how Collecting Cars works tbh. Looks like it’s now for sale to “Buy Now” for 24 hours. This “Total Price” would include the Buyers Premium but not transfers I assume?

 

95AE8744-FA30-415D-9968-4B3B34A95AF5.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone see what the 2rs with 29km went for on Collecting Cars last night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JWM said:

This “Total Price” would include the Buyers Premium but not transfers I assume?

Pretty sure it would include the $10,000 fee to Collecting Cars, but no duty, transfers, storage, delivery or anything else. So I guess the reserve price was $328k, but bidding only reached $302,500 during the auction. Interesting that they time-limit the Buy Now option, to create some urgency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just added to PFA Marketplace: 991.2 GT3 RS (2019) in Racing Yellow with Weissach package, PCCB and more, 11,500km

Listed for $460,000. More details in Marketplace...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Miami Blue manual is returning to market with warranty reinstated by Porsche. He offered to me this morning, said he plans to advertise at $330k 

48E3DA08-E3BD-47FC-A9B9-03449A27D287.jpeg

03D8239B-4E80-48A1-B997-EFEE49F43FB7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was looking forward to seeing that one around ME when we move there in a few weeks, seen a few trundling through the village.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw it parked on the street where it lives when I walked the dog the other day.  2 within 500m of each other 👌. There is a silver .2 RS and a lava orange .1 RS I’ve seen getting about town too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DJM said:

I saw it parked on the street where it lives when I walked the dog the other day.  2 within 500m of each other 👌. There is a silver .2 RS and a lava orange .1 RS I’ve seen getting about town too.

Sat outside one of the cafes 2 Saturdays ago, a blue caterham 7 and 2 red GT3’s bimbled past. That’s not forgetting the 4 Macans parked in the same block of spaces, talk about target environment 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mike-S said:

Sat outside one of the cafes 2 Saturdays ago, a blue caterham 7 and 2 red GT3’s bimbled past. That’s not forgetting the 4 Macans parked in the same block of spaces, talk about target environment 😂

Yeah I’ve seen the blue catherham around, it’s got a clever plate but can’t remember 

one of the red GT3s might have been me “going to Bunnings” 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GT3 Touring just listed on CS, 7,600km

$417,500 ("no negotiation")

Pretty much my dream car (except the price).

Does anyone know comparable pricing, have any traded in the last 12 months or so?

Funnily, I don't think I am the only one to think it's their dream car. I saved it on CS at around 6pm, at 6.20pm Carsales sent me the classic "Hurry! Interest is increasing.." email - that has to be a new record! Probably not helped by listing with only three photos (no interiors), no options list described. The owner is just asking for a lot of questions!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2018/sse-ad-7262678/

large.2137300114_ScreenShot2021-06-06at6_40_21pm.png.2d8b657dcb2c6879ecfeb242586ecb32.png
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one is worse than kids on cars and dirty carpet . Rusty iron rotors for your for sale pic . The car sales notification is pretty standard I get it on cars that have been for sale for months 

3609F0B9-FA86-474D-BDB7-6FE32C337E0E.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

This one is worse than kids on cars and dirty carpet . Rusty iron rotors for your for sale pic . The car sales notification is pretty standard I get it on cars that have been for sale for months 

3609F0B9-FA86-474D-BDB7-6FE32C337E0E.png

Just washed does this, no big deal.

The Carsales prompts are real.  If you watch your own listing they only come through with Enquiries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Just washed does this, no big deal.

The Carsales prompts are real.  If you watch your own listing they only come through with Enquiries.

Thanks for the insight on iron rotors . I usually go for a spin around the block before they start rusting . Just fussy I guess . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, twro said:

GT3 Touring just listed on CS, 7,600km

$417,500 ("no negotiation")

Pretty much my dream car (except the price).

Does anyone know comparable pricing, have any traded in the last 12 months or so?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2018/sse-ad-7262678/

I think this car has been on and off the market a couple of times before (since pre-COVID times), but I’m not 100% sure. 

There was a white one at Porsche in Melbourne that popped up a few (6?) months ago for right around $400k and disappeared pretty quick. 

Love the Touring as well. 

5 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Thanks for the insight on iron rotors . I usually go for a spin around the block before they start rusting . Just fussy I guess . 

I do the same, especially since the car might sit for a few weeks, after which it feels like the pads are welded on when you drive it again and the coats the inside of the wheels in rust that seems to stay until washing it again… 

I know it happens so fast he might have just left it an hour after washing and taken the photos I suppose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/06/2021 at 18:47, twro said:

Does anyone know comparable pricing, have any traded in the last 12 months or so?

I just realised I have a CS saved search alert for GT3 Tourings, which was going into a hidden folder in Gmail, so was able to dig up Carsales listings dating back to Dec 2018, so here goes (all are price as first listed on Carsales, EGC);

Dec 2018 Oak Green 295km $382,600 Private VIC
Jan 2019 White 5,000km $425,000 Dealer QLD
Jan 2019 Black 28km $389,000 Private QLD
Feb 2019 GT Silver 2,480km $370,000 Private QLD
June 2019 ? 4,700km $399,000 Private VIC
June 2019 Black 6,000km $402,000 Private VIC
Sep 2019 GT Silver 3,950km $349,000 Private VIC
Sep 2019 ? 9,972km $349,900 Dealer NSW
Oct 2019 White 3,108km $359,900 Dealer NSW

Nov 2019

Nov 2019

GT Silver

Meissen Blue

5,702km

408km

$349,000

$369,995

Dealer

Dealer

NSW

NSW

Dec 2019 ? 408km $398,990 Dealer QLD
Mar 2020 Black 2,000km $390,000 Private NSW
July 2020 GT Silver 4,800km $378,000 Private VIC
Sep 2020 GT Silver 7,900km $340,000 Private VIC
Oct 2020 Black 16,000km $365,000 Private NSW
Nov 2020 GT Silver 8,595km $355,000 Private NSW

June 2021

July 2021

GT Silver

Black

7,600km

5,928km

$417,500

$420,000

Private

Private

VIC

SA

Average listing price is $380,000. Interesting that 10 of the 17 in Australia changed hands in 2019 (might have been some double-ups), but this latest GT Silver car is the first in 6 months. That's assuming my saved search alert has been working, which it's possible it wasn't.

 

 

 

Edited by twro
Added July 2021 Black car

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DJM said:

The Miami Blue manual is returning to market with warranty reinstated by Porsche. He offered to me this morning, said he plans to advertise at $330k 

48E3DA08-E3BD-47FC-A9B9-03449A27D287.jpeg

03D8239B-4E80-48A1-B997-EFEE49F43FB7.png

I do love that spec. Warranty is good but surely the price still needs to come down in light of the over-rev? Not everyone wants one of these with the proviso that they’re going to have to keep paying for warranty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spiller said:

I do love that spec. Warranty is good but surely the price still needs to come down in light of the over-rev? Not everyone wants one of these with the proviso that they’re going to have to keep paying for warranty.

Yep, it has warranty so it’s jnow ust your normal everyday “buzzard” - it will need a buyer who doesn’t bother with a PPI to pay full price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, wilson59 said:

This one is worse than kids on cars and dirty carpet . Rusty iron rotors for your for sale pic 

 Patina mate. You can be just like Magnus 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...