29 minutes ago, theplanner said:

Can the touring be purchased with rear seats?  Who is getting one btw?

I haven't seen any detail on this as yet i have heard more metallic colors:  i have as meeting with them tomorrow whereby I’m hoping to find out all the details. 

7 minutes ago, Scott SS964 said:

I haven't seen any detail on this as yet i have heard more metallic colors:  i have as meeting with them tomorrow whereby I’m hoping to find out all the details. 

Great, pls keep us posted. 

9 hours ago, Kiwiland7r said:

Having watched CS over the past year with the GT3s, I've noticed multiple owners fluctuate the price up and down 10K-20K on a semi-regular basis. Example: a car listed for 250, might become 260/270 for a few weeks, go back to 250ish, and go back and forth.

I'm happy to admit I have no idea what this is to achieve. Can anyone enlighten me? I can understand making maybe 1-2 changes if you find demand for your car high (in which case you may increase the price) and vice versa. But what's the point in increasing the price again if you haven't sold it at a lower price AFTER already reducing it?

It’s a stupid strategy. When prices are changed anyone watching the car receives a notification.  Lowering the price might entice a buyer but I fail to see how increasing it has any positive influence on a potential buyer. 

49 minutes ago, MFX said:

Am I the only one who still doesn't get the point in the Touring? GT3 should have a wing. That is the point of a GT3, otherwise just get a GTS?

GTS is not a NA engine unless you by a 991.1 , and driving the two cars is a totally different driving experience , The GTS is very refined compared to the GT3 touring , Yes the GTS has mind blowing numbers on paper also , but it lacks the stand the hair up on the back of your neck like the GT3 touring does at 9000 RPM of howling NA motor that feels like its sucking your brain out your ears and into the engine..

Some will prefer the GTS and that is totally understandable , but the GT3 touring offers everything the GT3 offers just without the big wings and wild bodywork and all the attention  , the GT3 touring is somewhat of a wolf in sheep,s clothing ,a real street sleeper as most will think it to be just a standard 911 only the enthusiasts like us can tell the difference .... 

2 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Given the price, I wonder if this is the car that was damaged in Targa?

Do you know Two Heads?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my16/OAG-AD-19915722

No idea mate.  If I'd have seen this post 2 hours ago I could have asked someone who would probably know.  Only thing that otherwise springs to mind is that it might be one of 2 RS's purchased very recently by the couple of motorport loving owners of a large Lonnie based multi-franchise dealership for Targa prep (you can guess the one I mean).  My GT3 is going in for a clutch change tomorrow, my mechanic may know, I'll see what I can find out.....

9 hours ago, hugh said:

Double wishbone suspension. 

Some tartan and embossed interior trim with stitching to match your skin colour. 

Only 25..............untill we make 70............... 

This completes the 992 GT3 marketing strategy. I'm sold. 

$125k extra for a badge, tartan seats and a “Special colour” and some other crap.......spare me.  ~$500k plus on roads...........WTF

We can all poke fun at the absurdity........but we also know they will sell every last one at full whack.  I’d love to see them create a true mongrel spec for a laugh just to prove that dickheads will buy whatever they create at whatever price they list them at.  Almost worthy of a new thread........how to spec an unsellable GT3.

21 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

Yep we are getting shafted by this Victorian Government - we were similar to the Eastcoast up until July 19 if I remember correctly. 
Stamp duty on houses being by far the highest in the country and now cars how can the states be taxed differently its a disgrace !!!! 

Do we need any more reasons to leave Victoria. 

Yes, the inconsistencies in Australia are still there!

I was having a whinge about LCT with a member who had recently moved from Europe on a SMT earlier this year.

He helped me recalibrate on what REAL LCT is ! 

Purchase new Porsche..... Pay 2 X purchase price in tax to get it on the road ....... ouch  

8 hours ago, MFX said:

Am I the only one who still doesn't get the point in the Touring? GT3 should have a wing. That is the point of a GT3, otherwise just get a GTS?

I like the concept, the look etc but also don't get it for Australian public road use.

So its a variant that takes the GT3 (Track car that can be used on the road) removes the wing and becomes a "tourer"

So you get a car that is for road use that is quicker, noisier and not as comfortable for road use  as the standard 911 that already far exceeds what is useable on public roads? Then if you take it on track you loose the aero that the standard GT3 has :(  

So the only answer to the question WHY? is "Because I just want one" perfectly good answer that cannot be argued with logic :)

54 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

there was a local silver car damaged a couple of years ago.

Ah yes, the yachtie surgeon from Hobart, I'd forgotten that.  When photos are up might be able to identify the stealership which might help......  Could be good for a bit of tyre kicking....

4 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Ah yes, the yachtie surgeon from Hobart, I'd forgotten that.  When photos are up might be able to identify the stealership which might help......  Could be good for a bit of tyre kicking....

It is Performance Automobiles.

This is the car up for sale

Main point to remember with any car purchase and obviously this applies to all GT3,s........ if the price is to good to be true and way under market value ,there is something wrong and trouble in the wind , "stay away"  

10 hours ago, Raven said:

GTS is not a NA engine unless you by a 991.1 , and driving the two cars is a totally different driving experience , The GTS is very refined compared to the GT3 touring , Yes the GTS has mind blowing numbers on paper also , but it lacks the stand the hair up on the back of your neck like the GT3 touring does at 9000 RPM of howling NA motor that feels like its sucking your brain out your ears and into the engine..

Some will prefer the GTS and that is totally understandable , but the GT3 touring offers everything the GT3 offers just without the big wings and wild bodywork and all the attention  , the GT3 touring is somewhat of a wolf in sheep,s clothing ,a real street sleeper as most will think it to be just a standard 911 only the enthusiasts like us can tell the difference .... 

I get that the engine is amazing, but at least to me, all these new cars are bat sh!t fast and you are not getting anywhere near the GTS's capability on the road let alone a GT3, and if you are not taking it to a track to get the full experience, then why not have a nicer road experience in the GTS. If you are going to take it to the track, then I would want the full GT3 experience. Definitely 'new hat' syndrome :D

26 minutes ago, MFX said:

I get that the engine is amazing, but at least to me, all these new cars are bat sh!t fast and you are not getting anywhere near the GTS's capability on the road let alone a GT3, and if you are not taking it to a track to get the full experience, then why not have a nicer road experience in the GTS. If you are going to take it to the track, then I would want the full GT3 experience. Definitely 'new hat' syndrome :D

I think the point that is missed here is not that it is NA, better experience or not.  The marketing on these cars are so good, that the ppl who buy these cars have been sold the idea of a track car for the rd that is low key and they generally have deep pockets and/or are speculators.  The people I know who have a touring or want a touring already have multiple cars in their garage/ collection.  Some already have a track car etc, so they like the idea of a car that is capable for the track but has the subtlety of an everyday 911 that they can drive around and stay "low key" ... LOL. 

The GTS motor is still no GT3 though as good as the GTS is in isolation.  

I do agree these cars are just too damn quick for the road but people do like bragging rights even if they hardly ever get anywhere close to the capability of the car. 

My brother is in the motor trade in the UK (for over 30 years) and has some interesting observations concerning "in your face" type cars. Having a be-winged GT3 / Lambo / Ferrari  etc etc can be a problem attracting unwanted attraction in many, many cities. The same goes for leery colours too - bright greens or yellows or purples make you stand out like dogs balls in a sea of blacks, greys and white cars. There are a lot of people in the UK (and I suspect the USA too) who don't want to even park in a public area's for fear of envious "have not's" pinching or damaging their cars paintwork & tyres.

I bit different here in Oz, but I can understand an Agate Grey GT3 Touring would have its advantages too.... 

And lets face it, a 20 year old 996 GT3 is also too fast on our roads !!