21 minutes ago, luzzo said:

True. 

If only the whole of those 17 aus customers collectively complained, we may have got somewhere...

😝

There was one guy who spat it and threw the RS catalogue at a speed yellow car. Must not have known about the “special heads”.

4 hours ago, edgy said:

They definitely had a very limited colour palate on the .1 

I think silver & white only other choices… to get PTS back then I don’t think a reach around for your SA would have cut it? Now they take anyone’s money 😂

Paint shop upgrade supposedly. Its all automated now. Funny I didn’t notice the price drop however.

3 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Well it has been listed for sale, the best spec touring in Australia?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2019-porsche-911-gt3-991-manual-my19/SSE-AD-7322141

This looks like the GT3 Touring that was just recently spoken about here. Previously for sale in NSW and brought across to SA..? 

Edit, found it:

Here you go @Scott SS964

15 hours ago, luzzo said:

Edit, found it:

Here you go @Scott SS964

Thanks Luzzo I managed to connect with Tony the owner of the car a few weeks back thanks to a member on here giving me some guidance. Amazing car by the sounds with the current owner being an enthusiast and a perfectionist.

As you know I have an EOI on a 992 Touring; as the 992 cars slowly start being released with many photos and videos online I am becoming more connected to the new car which is around the same money as this 991.2 Touring. I will pursue my EOI for the 992.

17 hours ago, GusTV said:

Only 17 tourings doesn’t sound right?

Not sure either I have not been able to confirm any numbers from Porsche Cars Australia. It's not something they talk about freely preferring speculation to rule. 

It does sound very low though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/04/2021 at 21:23, luzzo said:

It's been a price ride for the 991.1 GT3,  It was news when the price dropped to start with a $2 in front, then it nearly broke into the $1's. 

Now is this one trying to reset the mark..?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my15/SSE-AD-6097090/?Cr=0

1784683489_PorscheGT3991.1Carsalesat310k.png.236f6677286388b4458499717e22735d.png

Ps. Stunning looking GT3

Now for sale for a "reasonable" $290k.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2015-porsche-911-gt3-991-auto-my15/OAG-AD-20025830

On 09/07/2021 at 10:53, hugh said:

I will add that I don't know why people would use a picture of their car getting flogged (especially at an event like Targa Tas) on a for sale listing, seems odd to me. I remember reading Unique Cars as a kid and seeing worked Commodore's etc. for sale and the single pic would be of it doing a huge burnout - not something that I would have thought is beneficial to the sale. Hey, maybe that's just me.  

Thanks for the tip! Just editing Boxrod ad now...note to self, remove pics of it doing donuts. 

On 11/07/2021 at 19:23, GusTV said:

Only 17 tourings doesn’t sound right?

Having asked them directly I’ve been advised by Porsche that the 991 GT3 Touring deliveries for Australia were between 50 and 60 cars …

On 28/07/2021 at 12:14, 1st said:

Having asked them directly I’ve been advised by Porsche that the 991 GT3 Touring deliveries for Australia were between 50 and 60 cars …

2 hours ago, DM911 said:

In comparison, what would be the number of regular 991.2 GT3s. It seems there are too many are in the market lately. lol. 

Having spoken to Porsche folk around allocation time of the 991.2 and very recently the 992 - I’ll take a guess and say the split would be around 150 GT3 and 50 Touring - The 992 demand is apparently higher however with similar allocations to the 991.2.
992 deliveries could be short of this due to the current supply issues and line delays which are causing hold ups ; for example of a locked in allocation PCA will be approx 40% down on GT3 deliveries this year 

2 hours ago, SS 3 said:

Having spoken to Porsche folk around allocation time of the 991.2 and very recently the 992 - I’ll take a guess and say the split would be around 150 GT3 and 50 Touring - The 992 demand is apparently higher however with similar allocations to the 991.2.
992 deliveries could be short of this due to the current supply issues and line delays which are causing hold ups ; for example of a locked in allocation PCA will be approx 40% down on GT3 deliveries this year 

Really, only 150 winged 991.2 GT3s. I'm surprised by that. I thought the number would have been higher.

17 minutes ago, spiller said:

Really, only 150 winged 991.2 GT3s. I'm surprised by that. I thought the number would have been higher.

I recall there are a lot of RS sold locally, maybe more than ‘base’ GT3 which could explain it. Awesome cars.  

4 hours ago, SS 3 said:

Asking 334K

This is also familiar 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-porsche-911-gt3-991-manual-my18/OAG-AD-20028822/?Cr=9

Stocking fillers? Only in a boom 😁😂

$334k is a pretty modest markup for Porsche.  

@SS 3 i see a new name and a new avatar - is that an indication of a firm 992 Touring order?

31 minutes ago, DJM said:

$334k is a pretty modest markup for Porsche.  

@SS 3 i see a new name and a new avatar - is that an indication of a firm 992 Touring order?

I have placed a deposit and have a contract with the build documentation apparently having been submitted to Germany; however I'm still not 100% as I haven't been told its 100%

5 hours ago, mc968cs said:

I recall there are a lot of RS sold locally, maybe more than ‘base’ GT3 which could explain it. Awesome cars.  

At the time I was 7th on the list at Parramatta for the 991.2, the RS was announced and suddenly I got bumped up to 2nd on the list for the pedestrian version as multiple people gave up their spots for the RS.

No way to know if what I was told was accurate. Perhaps people get to the point of having to stump up the cash and baulk. However anecdotally at least it lines up.

My SA at the time claimed after the fact that they sold more RS through Parra than they did GT3s as well.