PHOTOBUCKET 3rd Party Meter on my posts

Hi Gents, Photobucket have pulled the pin on all my photos that I have posted saying I have exceeded the transferring to 3rd parties (being the PFA)

But now every time I post their meter appears at the bottom of my post where I have my little "Motto Saying"

Can that be removed by you guys so it doesn't re appear or is it possible for me to remove it from my posts?

Cheers,

Niko

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeh this is happening to forums all over the net this is their shitty way of forcing people to sign up and get a paid photobucket account ......A Holes if you ask me lots of great images posted by people like your self lost to their greed ......there are other image hosting site that are free mate but unfortunately we loss the great images you have posted in the past ,,,it is a pretty poor move in my opinion and a reason to boycott photobucket :o

Yep, thanks for that, I have to admit I am very disappointed and pissed off with them.   A warning would have been nice.

I still have every photo I've taken on a secondary back up unit, but that doesn't help the forum unfortunately.

They have lost me.  

Just need to get rid of that $#&*#%$  meter that keeps popping up now beneath my posts....:PissedOff:  

I can imagine the meetings that went on behind the scenes before they pulled this move.  People faced with the choice of pissing off their entire user base or running out of money.  No good choices.

Essentially they would have been bleeding money in bandwidth and storage and we are all contributing.  

Its been the way of the Internet since day one.  Everyone wants to host images.  The only way to get users is to give accounts away for free.  There is no way to make money from third party forum image hosting.  So a company pops up, everyone uses it.  It goes down the gurgler, everyone moves to a new host.  Rinse repeat ad nauseum.

if you want a permanent home make sure you're paying for the service.  Otherwise accept that this type of thing will happen.

remember if you're not paying, you are the product, not the customer.

Hey @Niko I use one.com for my Web hosting. It is usually about the $40 P.A. but they have a special now with first 12 months free. It gives you multiple email addresses, 35gb of storage space and a website/ photo page.

I have been using them for over 10 years with no issues, you never have adds or spam on anything!

I can give you more info later :)

If you have a gmail account Google offer free unlimited photos, they will compress very large images over 16MP. This has worked great for me consolidating all our happy snaps in one place and having an easy way to link people to our pics.  (I don't have a phone/camera that takes pics larger than 16MP)

Worth a look if you already have a gmail account. I haven't tried linking a photo in a forum but would hope that would work similar to sending links to friends. Can anyone confirm Google photo links work for forum photos?

https://goo.gl/photos/9TdZLT6YYkZcZsDs8

Perhaps not so great, I can only see a way to include a link to a photo not include the image itself.

Try Smugmug.com out!!!

Cheap and no adverts!! 

I can pass referral code for a discount, but I'm not rushing for that. I'm constantly bemused that people persist with Photobucket and flikr...

Yep, just deleted around 2000 photos I had in Photobucket and will shut down the account all together. What a shame...

I'll be doing the same...

It seem that at this stage, if you haven`t used your Quota you can just leave them on your acc and the photo`s are still where you posted them.

Yep, that's right, I think, but there is no way that you knew what your quota actually was.  I actually never realised there was a quota.  

Then they just shut you down, which then results in everything you have posted changing into their usage meter.

If that makes sense..

Yep, that's right, I think, but there is no way that you knew what your quota actually was.  I actually never realised there was a quota.  

Then they just shut you down, which then results in everything you have posted changing into their usage meter.

If that makes sense..

yep, makes sense, what I was meaning was that if you haven't yet been given the arse, just don't add anymore photos and at this stage they are safe.

So this is the story.    They have ruined millions of posts around the world....

https://petapixel.com/2017/07/01/photobucket-just-broke-billions-photos-embedded-web/

bMlFK3S.jpg

Just had a play around and it looks like its IMGUR FOR ME...... DR comes up a treat.

Errr re think on IMGUR for some reason I can't transfer photos in there for an upload.   I hate this crap....

So being an idiot, am I understanding that posting the occasional photo here won't force me to pay $399, yet if I have a permament photo in my signature that comes from Photobucket everytime I log in, that's when I have to pay? 

Lee , the warning is that there is no such thing as a free lunch anymore. It's ALL about MONEY. Photobucket is the tip of the iceberg.

I feel sorry for people who have years worth of blogs (e.g. travel) that are now useless.

And I feel sorry for PFA as there are some great old threads now totally stuffed.

I have not used my account for a while now, just checked my pics are still hosted and threads on PFA look ok. If it still works leave it and then move onto something else, although I think eventually they all will charge....!!

Archived