911 R market watch

Dutton has 2

Edit: I'm not sure they have 2 now - there's only one on their site but if you google "Dutton 911r" there's two results that lead to Dutton pages. They're both silver with different mileage, and one is missing the hood stripes. Could be the same vehicle from different time frames. Shrug.

Edited by grantmr

Dutton has 2

Edit: I'm not sure they have 2 now - there's only one on their site but if you google "Dutton 911r" there's two results that lead to Dutton pages. They're both silver with different mileage, and one is missing the hood stripes. Could be the same vehicle from different time frames. Shrug.

I think one of their 2 cars is at CTS. Still that means at least 20% of cars delivered to OZ are up for sale. Market flooded.... must be room for much negotiation seeing as we all know none of these sellers paid much more than $400k for their cars...

About all they are actually worth

Harsh ...

Removing the PDK, aero etc should logically put them under its big brother in price.

Clearly the market thinks that Porsche having made 991 of them as opposed to circa 5000 makes all the difference ...

The "collectable" Porsche Carrera GT , of which "just" 1270 were made and bought and flipped , has not exactly been a blue chip investment or even great driving car judging by the low mileages . They were $USD448,000 new and cost a bomb to maintain. But for the price of a 911R you can have the modern vintage analog digital experience http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/results/porsche/carrera--gt

Not really....

What would really test the waters would be if Porsche decide to do a 991.2 991 R1 That would stir things up and prove to the world once and for all that it is really not happy with the profiteering on this model....

The "collectable" Porsche Carrera GT , of which "just" 1270 were made and bought and flipped , has not exactly been a blue chip investment or even great driving car judging by the low mileages . They were $USD448,000 new and cost a bomb to maintain. But for the price of a 911R you can have the modern vintage analog digital experience http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/results/porsche/carrera--gt

That makes more sense to me

The few 997 sport classics that have been for sale have been were right up there on the "how bloody much" scale, so the 911R will undoubtedly end up a very sought after,collectable, expensive car. I think that the current owners are just jumping the gun a bit, but ultimately right.

But where do you get to the point that a car is more valuable sitting? Surely that's a very small market? With car makers moving away from petrol and diesel, will cars be the right investment (because surely a car not driven is held for investment purposes)?

But where do you get to the point that a car is more valuable sitting? Surely that's a very small market? With car makers moving away from petrol and diesel, will cars be the right investment (because surely a car not driven is held for investment purposes)?

Apparently , China is relaxing import laws on collectable older cars. The various millionaires and billionaires want these items for display purposes. Well that's what I have heard around the traps.

An fairly recent ref https://jingdaily.com/chinas-rich-look-to-classic-cars-for-status-symbols-and-investment-opportunities/

Image is everything in business Asia, and perhaps even elsewhere. Whether the Asian market will vacuum up all the best supercars from the 50s-90s is debateable.

If the current trend continues, petrol will start to become collectable as all the EV cars flood in..... then what happens to the old cars....?

The same as with large numbers of cars in private collections and museums - most aren't driven , so fuel is not an issue!

I'd be spending my millions on holiday homes throughout the world and lots of travel, with some nicely priced cars along the way.... they are only cars after all!!

This.  Even with my motley collection there is only so much space, time, money, patience you can put into it.  Hence the NZ Boxster.  Not a classic but a lovely drivers car and facilitates some great experiences.  

The same as with large numbers of cars in private collections and museums - most aren't driven , so fuel is not an issue!

It will be to the like of you and I...... and most others on here

Edited by ANF

It will be to the like of you and I...... and most others on here

There will still be plenty of petrol for petrolheads for many years to come.It just comes down to how much the govt wants to tax us to drive their own agenda.
Don't forget the classic car business is worth nearly 6 billion pounds to the British economy alone. They won't want to put people out of work or disrupt men's shed groups will they?

There will still be plenty of petrol for petrolheads for many years to come.It just comes down to how much the govt wants to tax us to drive their own agenda.Don't forget the classic car business is worth nearly 6 billion pounds to the British economy alone. They won't want to put people out of work or disrupt men's shed groups will they?

Someone better tell the govts of the world them and to collectively get them to pull their heads in!

But if EV cars take off, why would the petrol companies continue to invest billions of $$ into a dying industry? They will bail and pour resources into some way to make electricity. Petrol, what ever is left will become very expensive, get out and drive.....

The few 997 sport classics that have been for sale have been were right up there on the "how bloody much" scale, so the 911R will undoubtedly end up a very sought after,collectable, expensive car. I think that the current owners are just jumping the gun a bit, but ultimately right.

True, though I'd buy a Sport Classic at any price over any special edition Porsche if I had loads of wedge

Petrol, what ever is left will become very expensive, get out and drive.....

It's already very expensive in Europe , and people still buy it! I guess with classic cars they wont be used as daily drivers , so give up the odd latte and you can afford to drive a few more km.

as nice as they are, wouldn't you just buy a singer AND a new 991.2 GT3 manual for those prices. 

I think the they would be dreaming if they could get those prices now. The only people that bought them at those prices had the premise it would be the last manual GT3 for ever. 

Now that's no longer the case.

as nice as they are, wouldn't you just buy a singer...

I assume you mean sewing machine;) .Optioned Singers are costing $700,000US + and that's before taxes, and the fact you still can't get them into OZ . Singers are properly exclusive - no way there will ever be 991 made

I assume you mean sewing machine;) .Optioned Singers are costing $700,000US + and that's before taxes, and the fact you still can't get them into OZ . Singers are properly exclusive - no way there will ever be 991 made

In ten year's time, will Singers be the next slant nose/RS rep/backdate/forward date/yesterday's fashion etc etc sitting on ebay for pennies on the dollar? 

Too early to call at this point - but history so far shows only unmodified classics (or period race cars) as having any longevity in the market.

Bit hard to novate lease them as well , unlike an R