911 R market watch

I assume you mean sewing machine;) .Optioned Singers are costing $700,000US + and that's before taxes, and the fact you still can't get them into OZ . Singers are properly exclusive - no way there will ever be 991 made

Thank F for that, hideous things Singers are.... :ph34r:

In ten year's time, will Singers be the next slant nose/RS rep/backdate/forward date/yesterday's fashion etc etc sitting on ebay for pennies on the dollar? 

Too early to call at this point - but history so far shows only unmodified classics (or period race cars) as having any longevity in the market.

Definitely an interesting one to watch!! 

Interesting...what is it about the Singers that you don't like?

See above, back dating... waste of a good 964!

Now this will shock even more (hard as @edgy has it at 99.999% already ;) ) the early 911s, long hoods, are my least favourite 911! Call me crazy (most will!) but give me a 964 or 993 any day, or even a 996!! :P

^^ yawn traditionalists :P.  Thread nicely OT BTW.

Sorry captain thread monitor....

A Singer vehicle is a bit like ordering the "perfect woman" (or husband to be PC on a mostly boy forum).

But flaws are what may life interesting,  and quirky is something to be celebrated. Old original Porsche were definitely quirky!

You don;t go around drilling holes and cutting bits off your woman do you?

Oh , some of you do. OK.

What thread derail?

A Singer vehicle is a bit like ordering the "perfect woman" (or husband to be PC on a mostly boy forum).

But flaws are what may life interesting,  and quirky is something to be celebrated. Old original Porsche were definitely quirky!

You don;t go around drilling holes and cutting bits off your woman do you?

Oh , some of you do. OK.

What thread derail?

Nothing wrong with some bolt-ons...

Hmm, whilst I'm not bothered to re-read how and why we got to be talking about singer, I am interested in the phycology of people buying these 991 911R's to sit on!

I mean you are lucky enough to buy arguably the best drivers 911 in recent times and you don't drive it? And whilst the most bleedingly obvious answer is for fiscal reasons, I just don't get that mindset... I wouldn't even go as far to say that they're not enthusiasts, because they probably are.. just a different kind, maybe more akin to the culture in other marques? 

You know, i really respect the dudes that show up to track days with a brand new RS and drive it 10/10, they don't give a fuck about what it's worth, they bought it to use as the factory intended, to me that's what the Porsche ethos is about! 

Hmm, whilst I'm not bothered to re-read how and why we got to be talking about singer, I am interested in the phycology of people buying these 991 911R's to sit on!

I mean you are lucky enough to buy arguably the best drivers 911 in recent times and you don't drive it? And whilst the most bleedingly obvious answer is for fiscal reasons, I just don't get that mindset... I wouldn't even go as far to say that they're not enthusiasts, because they probably are.. just a different kind, maybe more akin to the culture in other marques? 

You know, i really respect the dudes that show up to track days with a brand new RS and drive it 10/10, they don't give a fuck about what it's worth, they bought it to use as the factory intended, to me that's what the Porsche ethos is about! 

Agree, although I do not think that it is a new thing in the Porsche world, there seems to be more and more "older" rare P cars coming up for sale with very low km.

It was made to drive, do so!

Any further market updates @turboT:lol:

popular thread this one Hugh. Universal appeal in bagging things we can't afford ?

can't remember the timing but I would assume most had an order in well before the start of reported price spikes? In reality must be a tough call if the world says your car has doubled in value before you have even picked it up. Would we really go and flog it around a track? 

I call a price drop in the near future. 

give me a Singer, or slantnose anyday ?

What was the first one for officer?!

popular thread this one Hugh. Universal appeal in bagging things we can't afford ?

can't remember the timing but I would assume most had an order in well before the start of reported price spikes? In reality must be a tough call if the world says your car has doubled in value before you have even picked it up. Would we really go and flog it around a track? 

I call a price drop in the near future. 

give me a Singer, or slantnose anyday ?

what did you expect, not exactly populous are they...

finally said something smart, slantnose yes!

Oh and yes, big price drop. That's 2 things :o